Impact of the Expansion - The Lost Empire

Deity - Lost City
Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Dear PWI Staff,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a warrior on the server of Lost City and am currently rather concerned of the impact the new expansion will bring to me.

I am proud to say that I am a very dedicated member of this community, often actively purchasing zen to support our servers. I am also infact, the first person across PWI to attain a +8equipment. I do not intend to manifest arrogance to say that I am perhaps the best geared character in the entire realm of PWI. However, through the introduction of new territories and items upon the establishment of the expansion, I am rather concerned that my gear would be rendered obsolete.

Please do understand that this is by no means a protest to the expansion as I am infact, looking forward to its release. But rather, I hope the GM may come forward and provide a straight forward answer whether if the new equipments will completely dwarf the older ones (and by that I am refering to gears within the level range of 80-95).

I would really like to be informed of this change to the game so that I may react accordingly. If the GM are unable to disclose this information, I will not be able to continue charging thousands of dollars to upgrade my gears when there is the risk of starting from scratch again in a month.

~Regards
Post edited by Deity - Lost City on

Comments

• xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hello Deity,

Now to directly answer your question, will your gear become obsolete? No. If you claim to have the best gear in the realm of PWI, then the chances of your gear becoming obsolete any time soon is really not probable.

Perfect World International is an MMORPG that is constantly evolving. If it didn't evolve, then players would get bored with the current in-game content and move on. It's in not only your best interest, but our best interest as well to continue to add content and improve the game constantly. I myself am an avid MMORPG gamer and no matter how good my equipment is or looks, I am always driven to find something better, something that looks better and/or performs better. It's just a natural part of an MMORPG's evolution as a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jenenji
    jenenji Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hello Deity,

Now to directly answer your question, will your gear become obsolete? No. If you claim to have the best gear in the realm of PWI, then the chances of your gear becoming obsolete any time soon is really not probable.

Perfect World International is an MMORPG that is constantly evolving. If it didn't evolve, then players would get bored with the current in-game content and move on. It's in not only your best interest, but our best interest as well to continue to add content and improve the game constantly. I myself am an avid MMORPG gamer and no matter how good my equipment is or looks, I am always driven to find something better, something that looks better and/or performs better. It's just a natural part of an MMORPG's evolution as a game.

I agree 100% with Xarfox. As PWI evolves, so must your gear.
  • Deity - Lost City
    Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hello Deity,

Thank you for the quick and honest response.

I do understand that the game do evolve and I am aware that once I reach level 90 (within a month or two), I'd have to change my gears all over again. I have no problem with that.

Allow me to use an anecdote to illustrate my concern. Say, I reach level 90 and obtained the 90HH gold axe. This is an item that will last me well into the level 100s (which will take me at least 6months to reach) thus I will not hesitate to spend thousands to +10, +11 or even +12 it. However, as I have seen in many other MMORPG, when an expansion sets in, it often wipes away 90% of the previous content if you are looking to achieve the apex. Now, please do understand that I do not wish to spend enough money to buy a second handed car on an axe that will be replaced by something far stronger and far easier to obtain within a month I got the axe.

Thats all I was trying to get across.

Thank you!
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The expansion is by no means going to make all the previous gear obsolete. I know exactly what you're talking about. I previously participated in another MMORPG that does not need to be named. When the expansion came out everything that was pre-expansion became garbage, and everything post expansion was godly. This is not the case with PWI. The gear continues to scale, but not at an exponential rate.

We will of course be releasing more and more details about the expansion as we draw closer to it's launch date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I too had this concern.thx for the replies Gm.
  • Darkcatofd - Heavens Tear
    Darkcatofd - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    what about the good vs evil thing how will that chang the whay of the game if i may ask but you dont haffe to anser it if it is to much info on the new stuff im bad at spelling
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    what about the good vs evil thing how will that chang the whay of the game if i may ask but you dont haffe to anser it if it is to much info on the new stuff im bad at spelling

I believe at a certain level, your spiritual cultivation asks you to be Sage or Demon. And then each skill has a certain boost depending on which one you are. And they change for each skill.

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php And you'll see Sage or Demon on the side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • galil
    galil Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    aren't we still in beta? this game should be released instead since there's already an expansion coming up too soon
  • Darkcatofd - Heavens Tear
    Darkcatofd - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    IM GOING TO BE EVIL I LOVE EVIL PPL YHAYFOR EVILb:victoryb:victoryb:chuckleb:pleased
  • Biowolf - Lost City
    Biowolf - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    :( yeah dont worry they wont abandon some gold user easly
  • muop
    muop Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    is the lost empire gonna be the new server?
  • zpirit
    zpirit Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    galil wrote: »
    aren't we still in beta? this game should be released instead since there's already an expansion coming up too soon

A beta with no player base wipe at the end isn't really a 'beta'. Open beta is just a catchy name so when people complain about a bug or oversight, it can be answered: it's still in beta.

This applies to a ton of other websites and applications online as well.

For example, Google Gmail is still in beta, and it's been how many years? b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    iPerfectWorld.com Guardian Angels Giveaway!
  • Ricez - Lost City
    Ricez - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i am wondering the same thing as muop when is the new sever coming out?
  • wolfwind
    wolfwind Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hay how did you get a pic on yours and
    do u get 2 play on dis game or not
  • hwdp
    hwdp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:cry how to play Perfect World The Lost Empire
This discussion has been closed.