Your Complaints - By What Standard?

2»

Comments

• Shygirl - Lost City
    Shygirl - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Awesome post. I would vote you up like reddit or digg if I could b:victory

Duh. Thats becasue the OP is sucking up. Still a troll thread. All the OP is doing is making a big deal out of an every day situation. Sure anyone can get into the psycological part of this... But it it doesn't promote any change. The main thing it does is FEED THE TROLLS.

It's not good to feed the trolls. Next think you know, we will be getting threads about how nothing is ever good enough for kids, and western society is spoiled.

Stop the trolls at the start. Don't feed them. Specially lvl 4 trolls.
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't see this as a troll thread. There was a pretty good discussion going on. b:pleased
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't see this as a troll thread. There was a pretty good discussion going on. b:pleased

I agree and unlike most threads like this, there isn't a lot of nasty words flying back and forth. From what I've read, people are acting with maturity and calmness. That's a lot more than I can say about some of the posts I've seen on this board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • Shygirl - Lost City
    Shygirl - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    And... you'v seen like, what.. 3?
  • Dagnytaggart - Heavens Tear
    Dagnytaggart - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Troll thread.

Mods lock pls.

Grab a mirror, see a troll. Thanks for playing.
  • Kahlan - Heavens Tear
    Kahlan - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Duh. Thats becasue the OP is sucking up. Still a troll thread. All the OP is doing is making a big deal out of an every day situation. Sure anyone can get into the psycological part of this... But it it doesn't promote any change. The main thing it does is FEED THE TROLLS.

It's not good to feed the trolls. Next think you know, we will be getting threads about how nothing is ever good enough for kids, and western society is spoiled.

Stop the trolls at the start. Don't feed them. Specially lvl 4 trolls.

Are you happy now that I'm logged in on my character that is not level 4? Are my points more valid now? You can continue to troll here if you like, you're amusing.
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm trolling this thread.

Mods lock pls.

Fixed. b:chuckle
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    And... you'v seen like, what.. 3?

No, I've seen a lot more than three but it seems to me that if you weren't the one to start the topic then it must be a troll. Grow up and figure out the difference between an honest and mature complaint and a whiny one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • sanai01
    sanai01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Some things that were discussed on this post:

Dagnytaggart asked; to what standards does a "poster" use to measure the injustice done to them or other users when they create a post? He or she felt that some users are quick to blame the GM's, Devs, and Mods when something is not the their liking.

Hlywoodhogan and Ren pointed out that many players made millions of gold using an exploit and suggested that there was no action taken therefore creating an outrage within the community.

Nevermore and Yourmom felt that their suggestion of a rollback would only create more damage, but Ren felt that users would only lose a small amount in comparison to the "bug abusers".

(Despite some harsh words between Ren and Nevermore; they both had good arguments.)

Dagnytaggart, Venoblood and I got into the discussion about the ethics of complaints. I felt that complaints such as the ones made by the users on this post can be useful to the game creators, but also urged that we turn away from comments that are hurtful to others. Venoblood made a very good point; we are not perfect and that patience is not something that comes easy to others.

Shygirl entered the discussion stating that this post was a "troll thread", and that the comments made here will not change anything.

In their defense; I think that the comments made here can make a change, but it's up to the game creators to decide if they want to make the changes suggested in this or any other constructive posts made by this community.

Now, I see a lot of people attacking Shygirl and even though her words are very harsh; I feel that others should not perpetuate her actions by replying back to her in a similar condescending manner. She said that we should not feed the "trolls" and others retaliated with accusations that she was the "troll". Now, if she is the "troll" (and I'm not saying that she is because I don't believe that trolls exist :D); wouldn't we be doing exactly what she says we've been doing by attacking her with the very same aggression she's exercised?

Feeding a fire with more fuel in hopes of extinguishing the flames in my opinion is not the best way to put it out. With the exception of some lewd comments made by some, there were very good opinions expressed here. There were some comments that I didn't mention above that were also very good, but I'm afraid that I've already taken too much space. In conclusion to my very first post on this thread, I would like to say that "complaints" can make a difference in any situation because constructive criticism is necessary in personal growth. How we react to or express it; is as important as the criticism itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love. Love. Love. I'm a trigger hippie.
  • Kahlan - Heavens Tear
    Kahlan - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hi Sanai,

You are a kind soul for sure and you are right that attacking Shygirl is not the most productive of methods, but sometimes you run out of cheeks to turn. I doubt anyone who is really "shy" would jump into the middle of a friendly discussion and proclaim everyone trolls. I like to be kind and gentle too, but I never start a fight.. I'll finish it though! I have no prejudices except for stupidity.. I just can't abide it. I don't mind admitting my weaknesses!

I'm glad for the kind people like you and the others in this thread, that makes me happy :-)