Halloween Event ChatRoom! (Merged)

12346»

Comments

• mastarvenom
    mastarvenom Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't know I may change my mind later but right now I'm just kinda pissed. I'm quitting playing at least for awhile thanks to the Halloween event. I spent almost all my money of 100k to try and get something cool but got screwed. I spent 100k and got 10 pumpkin head pills worth 5k. The game designers could have at least given something worth 50-75k as the low end gift. Instead I spent 100k for **** worth 5k. It took almost all of the time of my lvling up to lvl 22 to get that money. Crappy event Perfect World Staff!!! b:angry
  • Sig - Heavens Tear
    Sig - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't know I may change my mind later but right now I'm just kinda pissed. I'm quitting playing at least for awhile thanks to the Halloween event. I spent almost all my money of 100k to try and get something cool but got screwed. I spent 100k and got 10 pumpkin head pills worth 5k. The game designers could have at least given something worth 50-75k as the low end gift. Instead I spent 100k for **** worth 5k. It took almost all of the time of my lvling up to lvl 22 to get that money. Crappy event Perfect World Staff!!! b:angry

This is what sucks, loosing members because of money. This is when the community gets rotten. I'm sorry you're leaving and it sucks that you are. But to at least help you understand whats going on: The server needs money and this event is a way to encourage players to buy from the cash shop to get the newest cool items. Pretty much, if you want something cool out of this event, charge your zen, that's what they want, that was the reason for the event. I understand the server needs to make money, but this "FELT" like more of a scam. I'm sorry, and I hope you reconsider. Don't leave PWI.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Since they aren't doing a rollback, they should do one of these:

A: Remove everything players got in first 20 mins and return their money/GA they used.
    B:Give everyone who wasn't logged on for first 20mins something like 20-50 boxes to compensate.

Without anything done, this event isn't really fair for all.

And GM's add the info that you can get these as drops too on the news page. Wondering why you left that info away from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just logged on and spent my last zen on 10 angels and got 60 treats that are stackable and recover 500 hp and mp. good that they stack but bad since i use charms. no price for npc sale. also got 35 candies that are NOT stackable. used one and it ended up giving me increase mvmnt speed, shut down all other buff items and sell for 2500 at NPC. The buff it gave was gone by the time i read these 16 pages. That wouldn't be so bad except that now both inventories are full. I can't even grind now until I do something with them. I tried another and it gave increased magic attack. So that's two wasted now in testing It really should tell you what they do at least. Really they should be stackable by effect or completely if the effect is random. I really don't want to dump them or waste anymore if they are really useful but to halt all other buffs is crappy in itself. Geez! BTW if the candies stacked I probably would have charged my zen and tried a while longer but noooo. and the 70 - 80 grand I will get from selling the candies I got from using 7 angels won't even buy me one more try. Glad I didn't charge zen first and buy 100 angels for this hoping for the good stuff to help ease my lvl40 - 50 grind that is so boring right now. IMHO this event fails miserably. I am lucky enough to be able to spend 100 - 200 real dollars a month on this game if I want but I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with it. Now I am sad :( I think I need to be alone.
  • Mrs_parijs - Heavens Tear
    Mrs_parijs - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What about the new people who join PW? What do they get? A costume that they cant even wear until they are lvl 30. Sorry, but not everyone can make 30 lvls in 9 days, (congrats to those who have the TIME to do it, but some of us have families, jobs and real life matters that come first.) Like come on. b:nosebleed

This event is NOT even geared towards all players, it is geared towards the ZEN users & higher lvl players. Who else can afford to throw away 100k per ticket? The people who can afford to buy cash shop items and sell them. Or people who have HOURS upon HOURS a day to GRIND for things to sell. Or people who have already achieved such a high lvl.

I just feel its unfair, and I feel so disappointed that PW is using a Holiday for their own personal gain. This is making me already cringe at the thoughts of a Christmas Event. That Holiday will be USED AND ABUSED, I can so see it now.

If PW makes another Holiday Event, please also do consider the NEW players, and especially the ones who don't have the luxury of spending REAL MONEY, do try to make it fun for everyone, and not just those who are paying YOUR bills. Your lower lvl players could be potential ZEN BUYERS, but why should they buy zen for this event for items they cant even use?

Regarding the Ticket System that the Admins are pushing onto the players, I did send one regarding this issue, and I will be posting here a reply to let everyone know if got one.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If all else fails...I want that mount. I'm sorry but there is no mount that's gonna beat that one. It's too awesome. Nightmares FTW! For those D&D players. ;p

Forget D&D, Nightmare was a killer magic card

/nerd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I personally want the DQ glowing mount looks awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prankster - Heavens Tear
    Prankster - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So true babes

Sucky also that the npc is at the beginning, while the players cant use it anyways what hes giving

Cool the CLOTHES ARE FREE :) yeah if you like those colors.. OH NOZ WE HAVE DYES TO BUY RANDOM COLORS IN CASH SHOP.. Ever bought a car random color ?

Level requirements..

So sucky to its OPEN BETA and all these people are paying so much way overpriced for something like this
    And how its going now you dont even know if this game will last so long
    I say it wont and many people will stand with me
    People comon see all the posts and the deleted ones closed ones in wich people just say whats on their minds do know your running something worldwide and it AINT perfect you running this or dealing so big u have to take responsibility for things like this and not ignore people
    ONE LAST THING
    A EVENT IS TOWARDS PLAYERS FOR THEM FOR FUN

NOT YOUR POCKETS
  • laranaa
    laranaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't think this event is fair at all.

My lvl 12 Barb got a lvl 30 coustome, so how am I suppose to get to lvl 30 before the time is up?

I've heard that other people with low lvl characters have only gotten high lvl coustoms too. Those of us with low lvl characters don't have the money to buy the tickets and from what I've seen, some of the prizes there aren't worth the 100,000 either.

If they're going to have an event, it should be made so that all players can participate, not just the higher lvl ones.

Things like this, make a lot of us players go BACK to Last Chaos, at least their halloween event can be participated in by everyone.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    laranaa wrote: »
    I don't think this event is fair at all.

My lvl 12 Barb got a lvl 30 coustome, so how am I suppose to get to lvl 30 before the time is up?

I've heard that other people with low lvl characters have only gotten high lvl coustoms too. Those of us with low lvl characters don't have the money to buy the tickets and from what I've seen, some of the prizes there aren't worth the 100,000 either.

If they're going to have an event, it should be made so that all players can participate, not just the higher lvl ones.

Things like this, make a lot of us players go BACK to Last Chaos, at least their halloween event can be participated in by everyone.

1.that is sad when a game with arguably the most money hungry GMs in America has more fair and non money hungry holiday events b:victory

2.money sinks are not an "event", hmm 10 tickets or i can make a lvl 70 green wep, or buy a mold, or well thers a lot of things to do with multiples of 100k.

3.the only question in this thread that was NOT answered was mine about the % rate for things...which after people spent a few grand USD we are all getting the idea that it is not even.
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    if you get some items u cant use, u can always set up a shop and sell it ^^. i personally would try not to use up my gold on the halloween event items since my luck with these stuff are usually slim. By setting up shops, you can try to get bak the money u loss and let the other players that can use it buy it. its so tempting though...must resist.
    edited October 2008
    if you get some items u cant use, u can always set up a shop and sell it ^^. i personally would try not to use up my gold on the halloween event items since my luck with these stuff are usually slim. By setting up shops, you can try to get bak the money u loss and let the other players that can use it buy it. its so tempting though...must resist.

Sorry no that just doesnt work in this case and will jsut get lots of silyl people replying angrily to you, most fo the things you get are in no way worth anywhere near the amount you paid.

Not trying to set your post on fire just saying a shop stall isnt going to sooth this unless you get at least the weapon / armour / item pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for ruining competition, guys. All of Conqueror got the abuse the bug while everyone else pays 10x the price for their boxes. But hey, who wanted actual competition on Lost City, anyway? It's only a PVP server. I for one embrace our new Warlord Overlords. Welcome to the new Oracle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
    edited October 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Thanks for ruining competition, guys. All of Conqueror got the abuse the bug while everyone else pays 10x the price for their boxes. But hey, who wanted actual competition on Lost City, anyway? It's only a PVP server. I for one embrace our new Warlord Overlords. Welcome to the new Oracle.
    Psst come to heavens tear we will bake you cookies ......

No i know you alreayd have a 7x char on LC so wouldnt want to but the option is there we will really bake and mail real cookies to you using email....

^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • engel0
    engel0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Halloween Boxes can also randomly drop off of monsters.

After killing over 500 monsters ive NOT gotten any Boxes!!!

This Event is plain unfair for those who cant use Cashshop with in game prices on gold items going up cause of this event.

Make the rich richer and the poor poorer... nuff said.

Nice Event to make the game claim money, ruin the economy in game and scare ppl away...
    edited October 2008
    It will be a brief disruption of the economy.

Though it is clearly a money maker for the developers >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • engel0
    edited October 2008
    i remember other games which are F2P and they had events where stuff droped of monsters instead of a CS relateing Event. This is just BS and unfair what you guys are doing.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    mystic wrote: »

Really? I hope I get some free stuff when I login then.b:thanks

Now I'm sad I went to sleep 20 minutes before servers were supposed to go back up.
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmmm, that sounds logical to rollback, but imagine the massive outrage of players who bought stuff for 10k and actually.. GOT SOMETHING NICE.
  • Ichirin - Sanctuary
    Ichirin - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:cry sad sad i brought like 400+ gifts and only good thing i got is the belt b:sad i want the wings or the horse
  • bondis
    bondis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I really need to get guardian angels, but dont have money or game cash.
    so, is it a normal way to get guardian angels, or could annyone giv me 40k or something?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    engel0 wrote: »
    After killing over 500 monsters ive NOT gotten any Boxes!!!

This Event is plain unfair for those who cant use Cashshop with in game prices on gold items going up cause of this event.

Make the rich richer and the poor poorer... nuff said.

Nice Event to make the game claim money, ruin the economy in game and scare ppl away...

they they do drop..just as molds drop off everyday monsters, come on .009% counts....b:shutup
    ./sarcasm
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I used about 3 guardian angels, got treats, gave up. Flying ride is nice, but I don't like the look of a swan, and for only .5 more than the cash shop ones. And I already have a mount. So, yeah, I'm good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited October 2008
    So, I thought about this for a moment, and not only has the bug and the spamming been horrible...

But think about TW. Everyone has +30% damage for TW this week. Attacking is going to be impossible. Cart pullers are going to drop like rocks.

What a joke.

You guys have really done it now. You've ruined the next 2 weeks of this game. Thanks a bunch, see you guys in 2 weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mystic
    edited October 2008
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• engel0
    edited October 2008
  • Ichirin - Sanctuary
    Ichirin - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    =P i quited and droped 3mils and sum cs items for ppl xD this game sumwhat gets boring easierly
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I think the only reason they don't want to do a rollback is because they don't want to give back the heaps of cash they made off players buying guardian angels.
  • Lenablade - Heavens Tear
    Lenablade - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yeah they done a roll back on the midnights though but guess what DIDNT REIMBURSE the peoples coin or dolls mainly dolls I know a few ppl that used nothing but dolls and guess what they got a midnight and well low and behold no midnight and no reimbursed doll after the **** up

Either way the games just started to sound like any other game take care of the rich forget the poor ooooooooooooooo and they call this a perfect world and fair to say the least what a big joke
This discussion has been closed.