This quest makes no sense... is it bugged?

Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary
Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm lvl 35, did a quest involving some "Beautiful Chang" or something like that. Anyway, I've come to the end of the quest (I think) and then out of nowhere it wants me to kill a lvl 100 enemy named Kun Kun. Not only that but the quest reward has changed from whatever exp/sp/coin rewards it was before to Coin 1 / EXP 1 / SP 1. What's up with this quest?
Post edited by Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Kun Kun is indeed lvl 100, but does NOT fight back, and goes down quickly. The hard part of the quest is that kun kun flees when attacked, and there are a number of aggro mobs around it. Just herd kun kun to the coast so it can't run away anymore.

The reward is a makeover scroll.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's not a bug. You have to finish the quest to continue on to other quests and if you tried killing the mob you would realize the lvl 100 doesn't mean anything. The mob is resistant to all magic but it doesn't attack back. It's annoying to kill because you have to chase it all over the place (especially if you're a wizard like me) but it's actually a really easy quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    also after that you will be asked to find the womans hair in the lake, simply dive to the bottom of the middle of the lake and dig up any of the piles of "water sediment" (just like when you dig iron ore), quest done.

i cant remember whether that bit is berfore kunkun (who i call kyon-kun ^^) or after, but its just some help as that but confuses everyone.
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    or go here and check out the quests:
    http://1perfectworld.com/quests_in/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary
    Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    actually, now that I've gotten furthur into the quest and gotten the "Mantou" whatever that is, I noticed that it actually gave me two of the same item. One of the Mantou is in my Quest items and the other is in my regular inventory as a useable potion-type item. I would imagine they originally programmed the quest to only give the useable one but since it could be eaten it would ruin the quest so they put in another one and forgot to remove the first.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not quite. The intent is to make the matter feel like you're getting 'rewarded' as well. Later in the quest line you get some Super-Mantou as well. It's a very rewarding series.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Lol. I remember my first time doing this quest months ago and I thought the quest was crazy at times.

It's actually quite a funny quest line if you take the time to read it all. I thought the due there at Silver Pool were a riot. I swear they must be on some kind of mind-altering substance! One lost some hair in the lake...the other wanted me to kill the level 100 Kun Kun (which btw, is fairly easy for all classes except maybe Wizards since you have to kill it with physical attacks).

Then the crazy people gave me a crappy version of whatever it was the first lady wanted so she sent me to an "expert" (why didn't she send me to the expert in the first place!!).

All in all, a fairly rewarding quest line that breaks up the monotony of "kill xxx number of critters".

One of my favorite quests now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hwesta
    hwesta Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The person who posted this is very annoying. she thinks everythng is a bug when its NOT.
  • Darcane - Lost City
    Darcane - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Unfortunately, I have now used all of my delicious Mantou. I sure do hope there is a way to remake it in the future. Perhaps a repeatable quest from the Expert after you've completed the original quest line?

"Bring me xx of such and such item(s) and I will make you another batch of Mantou."