No rollback?

rillo
rillo Posts: 14 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
before i was booted off the server, i had leveled once, came back and i was back to lvl 6....not a big deal finished my quest and turned it in again and back to 7

but i thought there wasnt going to be a rollback?
Post edited by rillo on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was told no rollback. If there was one, depending on your net connection, it MAY be 10-30 seconds. MAYBE. I am guessing.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • rillo
    edited October 2008
    Well the thing is, i had my halloween costume still, but was back to same exp as when i first logged on.. not a big deal, i mean im only lvl 7 :D
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Engineers, devs, everyone is saying no rollback.

There MAY be a 10-30 sec difference IMHO that can occur because of lag on internet traffic.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was told no rollback. If there was one, depending on your net connection, it MAY be 10-30 seconds. MAYBE. I am guessing.

How do you plan on compasate those who used real money to buy dolls instead of the 10k bug?

You know you are going to loose paying customers if you don't...b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i had 80 halloween treats go missing, which i looted at least a minute before server went down.

edit, just noticed i got 7 dolls back too. guess it all never got recorded since the server went down.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Welcome to the server screwed. Every single Conqueror member on Lost City abused this, and now they're rich as hell. GG, PW, no rollback = no competition anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was in the middle of doing Hou's quest myself. I'd already bought the gems and upgraded them, I was running around when I got booted.

When I logged back on, I was back at the merch, with no gems. My gold total was the same as before I bought the gems. So while I lost about a minute (maybe 2) of gameplay, I didnt actually lose any items or cash.

So it doesn't seem so bad to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Excellent question regarding rollbacks and ZEN issues. Please contact Billing or Customer Support here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

and they might be able to check your logs and see if there are issues.
  • sarek
    sarek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I had just won midnight (the ride mount) when about 60-90 seconds later the servers crashed. now i spent 560,000 coins on the event which took me over 2 months to acquire since I don't have any real money to spend on the game :(

PLEASE tell me there is a way to get it (midnight) back because if i have to grind for another 4 months.... well i might not last that long :(

Of course someone could just give me a mount.... lol
    IGN: SomebodyCB
    Class: Slayer
    Level: 35
    Guild: None
    Server: Atlantis_1
  • rillo
    edited October 2008
    well its like, do you REALLY want a mount that these guys exploited to get? i mean its not that rare now, they will put out somthing in its place im sure...
    The idea of this was to give you a chance to get somthing cool, nobody has taken that chance from you..

Its really not that big of a deal
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The mount has nothing to do with it. 3% exp belts and necklaces, on the other hand, sure as hell do. And it's the fact that the people who have the mounts and necklaces now are the people who were already on top. While the rest of the server had a fighting chance until now, we don't. They sell the mounts and necks and get rich beyond compare, competition ends, server turns into Oracle.

Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Viserys - Lost City
    Viserys - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What if I lost my Midnight mount, yet I got it atleast 5 mins before server went down.
This discussion has been closed.