Build question

rojoe
rojoe Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Venomancer
Hello. I'm new to PW and I've decided to start off with venomancer. I've read the guides and FAQ's and so far I'm inclined to try a sort of melee build (focusing on the fox attack skill tree), using magic buffs, and fighting alongside with my pet.

My question is: Has anyone had success with this kind of build and/or can give insight for it? Also, the recommendations for stat points when using heavy armor are sort of confusing in the guide, so can someone clarify those? Thanks.
Post edited by rojoe on

Comments

• rojoe
    edited October 2008
    no response? No one's even tried this?
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Of course people have tried this... It's not a matter of whether they have. This is a matter of why do you need an explanation to a guide? lol The guide is pretty self-explanatory for how to do each build with stat points, armor, etc.
    But if you want to do something REALLY crazy... You could try thinking for yourself. I know.. I know.. It's a huge shock to some. That foreign concept of actually collecting information and analyzing it to reach a conclusion.
    *Shakes head...* Really though, Veno can be played just about any way that you want. You can go to a Tailor or Blacksmith and see what weapons/armor you want to use and what stats they require to equip them at a certain level. After you know that all you have to do is make sure your character has the necessary stats at that level.

As Captain Planet says... "The power is yours!" XD
  • lordwicked
    lordwicked Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I`m going with Aenil,

I myself have an melee Veno, and its not bad. You will need an good tanking pet(Golem at lvl 18)

After getting the stats all you need to do is buy Heavy Armor and equip it.
  • intents
    intents Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They are alright but you really should make your own build up I might not have I don't know I just started doing 3 magic,1 strength, and 1 dexterity every level and I am a hybrid fight so I use werefox and normal form.For this build you can use basically any pet but your gonna need 1 magic tank (carapest terror) and a melee tank(Crystiline Magmite) these are best because a pet raised from lower levels is way stronger than ones got at higher levels so they are more efficient tank of course after that you have your fly pet any you want preferably(Petite Sawfly) a swim pet anything you want especially if you get your hands on a rare pet then I have my solo devastation pet (Sharptooth Wolfling) raised from lvl 2 is about 1.5 times stronger 20 levels higher and that makes alot of difference my friend has compared his wolfling that is lvl 56 to other pets lvl 56 and it is almost 3 times stronger so I say just go out do what you want and not to mention have some fun with it the games not all about winning if you choose something you don't like you will get bored and quit or make a million characters and never play them except for once you found that one.
  • rojoe
    edited October 2008
    Well thanks, I guess I was in the mindset that it was more up to you to decide your stat points based on your build (as per most of the previous MMOs I've played) but I finally realized that in this game your armor basically dictates how you allocate your stat points (but not strictly).