Let us keep what we have won but reroll the spendings

Everlusting - Lost City
Everlusting - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
You guys are the ones that messed up. We demand a roll back of the expenditures we used but still keep our winnings. This way everyone will be satisfied. The server was only up for 10mins so no major loss has been made to the economy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Everlusting - Lost City on

Comments

• Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Greedy Greedy people~ b:scorn
  • zerakikenpachi
    zerakikenpachi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Unfortunately 10 minutes is all it takes to break a game <.< ..I would also suggest not making "demands" of staff here..and I'm a sad panda that I didn't get to login before the bug/rollback/whatever fix it will be..I want to see costumes.
  • Everlusting - Lost City
    edited October 2008

b:laughb:cuteb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruul - Heavens Tear
    Ruul - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's an open beta, you can't expect that there are no bugs.. playing an open beta means living with those bugs.
  • Ruul - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    (hmm, cant edit posts?)

I mean to say, if the game screws up, you're going to have to live with it that the precious items you just got will be taken back.

..its only pixels anyway

Hmm, now I suddenly can edit my posts? well, whatever..
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's an open beta, you can't expect that there are no bugs.. playing an open beta means living with those bugs.

It's an open beta that people can and do spend real money on, though, and as such they have a right to proper customer service. Not saying I agree with the OP's demands, but the GMs should (and hopefully will) take this into account while performing any fixes or rollbacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
  • Lenablade - Heavens Tear
    Lenablade - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Darth has already stated NO ROLLBACK PLANNED
    edited October 2008
    (hmm, cant edit posts?)

I mean to say, if the game screws up, you're going to have to live with it that the precious items you just got will be taken back.

..its only pixels anyway

We humans are pixels in a way. Quantumly we are just strings of energies. We are one with the universe and our "consciousness" is merely a probably among infinite selfs of ours. What are pixels? What are we?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruul - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, when you've spent real money on the stuff I agree with you.. but the thing we're talking about doesn't have anything to do with that.. It's just some big mouthed guy that gave you some costumes or some rare items which he shouldn't have given.
  • cqu3nce
    cqu3nce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gah, there should be one, but i already know there isnt going to be. i have spend $30 usd on guardian angels. REAL MONEY was spent on this event. There people that spent 10k on holloween packs and us use guardian angels. Doesnt seem fair at all.
  • Ruul - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    We humans are pixels in a way. Quantumly we are just strings of energies. We are one with the universe and our "consciousness" is merely a probably among infinite selfs of ours. What are pixels? What are we?

Oh boy, here we go... :p
    edited October 2008
    Oh boy, here we go... :p
    b:thanksb:victoryb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, when you've spent real money on the stuff I agree with you.. but the thing we're talking about doesn't have anything to do with that.. It's just some big mouthed guy that gave you some costumes or some rare items which he shouldn't have given.

Actually, he did so in exchange for 10k (which apparently should have been 100k) OR, and here's the thing, a Guardian Angel. GAs are Cash Shop items. They cost real money. Some people actually spent real money for these GAs to get the items, so there was definitely real cash involved.

But if there's not going to be a rollback, no need to worry. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snicker
    snicker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

ppl like me PAY for this , and HAVE paid for this... /slap!!!! what a freakin' joke! and yer damn right im angry! if you had a clue!
  • Ryuna - Lost City
    Ryuna - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i do think they stated that there will be no rollback in the Technical Support Zone

look in the thread "Server Going Down!", in page 2

darthpanda16 said something like that
  • Ruul - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008

Actually, he did so in exchange for 10k (which apparently should have been 100k) OR, and here's the thing, a Guardian Angel. GAs are Cash Shop items. They cost real money. Some people actually spent real money for these GAs to get the items, so there was definitely real cash involved.

Don't mind what I say.. I can't even find my own nose, let alone the cash shop.

Now that we're talking about it.. Where is the cash shop anyway?
  • snicker
    edited October 2008
    i have the screen caps.. of server first of "midnight"... i even took the time outta my day to "gratz"... so i would be careful if i were you!
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2008

but when that bug involves real cash, u expect a decent solution regardless of beta status or not. even though it was only 10 minutes, u could have easily tried 100 times for 1mil ($10) using bug. those who did it the legit way would have to spend $29 to get those 100 tries, so ignoring the issue just screws over though who didnt take advantage of the price bug.
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I dont care if theres a rollback or not I just wanna know whats gonna happen, do we keep whats there or do we have to spend the money again to be fair to all players?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • snicker
    edited October 2008
    all i can say is that was a VERY underhanded way of "grabbing money" from a company that "sports" it's logo around teh world as a "Free to play" game... that was just aweful. Ashamed to even be here after that fiasco!
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Don't mind what I say.. I can't even find my own nose, let alone the cash shop.

Now that we're talking about it.. Where is the cash shop anyway?

Haha, it's okay. :)

You can open the Cash Shop in game by pressing O, or clicking the gold sunny button thingy (wewt for eloquence!) underneath your minimap / radar.

And snicker, let's wait with calling it a fiasco until we actually see the changes? Right now we're not sure it is, so I think patience is the way to go. There will be plenty of opportunity to yell later if necessary I'm sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rezinuken - Heavens Tear
    Rezinuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    a Rollback would straighten all this out. It was an error on there part and they will correct it the way they see fit. Someone might even loose there job over such mishap. So take in consideration that what happen my be corrected with a rollback.
  • Ryuna - Lost City
    Ryuna - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    a Rollback would straighten all this out. It was an error on there part and they will correct it the way they see fit. Someone might even loose there job over such mishap. So take in consideration that what happen my be corrected with a rollback.

you really don't get it... do u?

people here stated it over and over, this involves "Guardian Angels". a rollback will take the items away, but how will the people who used GAs be compensated?

GAs = RL money

Also, i did think about "someone may lose their job for this", that really does suck.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ROllback ftw~ best decision ever.. but.. LOL I'm not gonna expect a rollback because that's how PWI works. ^^ and that's a fact.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There are no planned rollbacks (what I've heard so far).

Do not start rumors please.

The servers will go back up for version 24, as far as I know.

I will post a Stickie in the Tech Support Zone when servers are up.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Aznxdreamer - Heavens Tear
    Aznxdreamer - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The admins stated there were no rollbacks planned. Yes there are alot of RL money involved but on the other side someone might be losing there job and have a family to take care of. Be patient my friend where all in the same boat.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008

Thanks, Darth, for clarifying that.

I think I read a GM post somewhere saying it would take about 30 minutes... It's taken a while longer so far so I guess there are unforeseen difficulties?

Hope to see the servers back up soon. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ven_ash - Lost City
    Ven_ash - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lolb:cuteb:victoryb:laugh
  • Rezinuken - Heavens Tear
    Rezinuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Cool not a rollback but a rollup. Even betterb:victory
    edited October 2008
    Cool not a rollback but a rollup. Even betterb:victory

You mean rollforward?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.