"The application failed to initialize properly"...

Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary
Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
After installing this game, a few days later I went to bed, woke up, opened the computer and game. This is the message I got when I clicked Start. Actually, I got this message twice in a row and then about 15 seconds later the launcher closes on its own.

Restarting the computer does not fix it. Verify files does not fix it. Nothing fixes it. So I re-installed the game and spend a half hour re-patching it and yay it works again.

Now it's about a week later, I went offline to play something else because it was Maintenance tonight, now I go back into the launcher and it downloads Version 24. Try to click start: "The application failed to initialize properly. (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application." Every time, twice. Now I have to re-install the stupid game all over again and re-patch it again but what's the point? This game obviously is not stable. Does anyone know what's causing this error before I quit and go play something else that doesn't corrupt itself?

If it has any relevance, another game that I play that also uses Game Guard is Gunbound which may affect this somehow, since both games use Game Guard.

Comments

• Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The servers are currently down for maintainence wait about 15 minutes or so.
  • Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary
    Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That's not the problem. Last time this happened it stayed that way perminantly. It's not because the server is down, if it was I'd at least be able to get to the login screen.