Trying to get game downloaded.

grimmjow2
grimmjow2 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
I am new to the game and a friend of mine told me to come try this out, so i did.

Quick question though. my computer has 100 MB of memory left and I had World of Warcraft for a while and i was able to do that by using a E Drive ( External Hard Drive ) with 100+ GB. I was wondering if I can somehow download the Client Folder to the E drive because since my C drive has low memory. it will stop when it hits 100 MB out of 2.2 GB on the downloading screen.

If you know a way, please tell me. I really wanna try this game.
Post edited by grimmjow2 on

Comments

• grimmjow2
    edited October 2008
    Ok all i get is

There is not enough room on the disk to save C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ZinFEQq7.rar.part.

Remove unnecessary files from the disk and try again, or try saving in a different location.

Then it closes the whole thing out.

I need to know if i can put this onto a E:\ Drive and not a C:\ Drive.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you're using the Direct Download method, you'll need to double-click on the PerfectWorld_Downloader, click the File button before hitting Next, and then select a directory on E:. After that, then hit Next.

I'd strongly recommend cleaning off space on your C:/, though. The sort of performance hit you're taking from having a full drive is not trivial, and your page file is likely going to try and overrun what is left. Doing a Disk Cleanup, from Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Cleanup in XP, will probably help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimmjow2
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I tried that many times, but it doesn't do much for me. This Computer was an old one before my parents bought a new computer, so it didn't have much memory. The only games i got on the comp was Cabal and World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft is gone, but i got no MB from it since it was on my E drive and Cabal I cannot delete because I still play it.

i'll try out what you suggested though.

Edit: Ok i got it working, I just hope it doesn't turn out like everyone else said. A couple of my friends said that the Downloader somewhat
    froze when it got to 85%.
This discussion has been closed.