running away in pvp is not noob

n0ob
n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Who ever started the saying "running away is noob" must be roasted alive...
I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by n0ob on

Comments

• esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Running away when you have a disadvantage is a smart thing to do.

If people bash you for it. /care At least you won't be kissing the floor.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Running is trying to save your **** :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you run away when you start the fight, then yes that would be noobish. Running when you have a disadvantage or you know you won't win, is a smart thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kotek
    kotek Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    n0ob wrote: »

there is running and running.. kitting i gotta say , if u kitting ur oponent thats smart and a nice move . if u run to save ur life like an **** then it's ain't smart , exept if Ofc the guys is 10 lvl more than you with a yerogram and u don't have ... or fully buffed with 3 of his friend in his back rawr.. anyway who ever run with same chance same lvl at 1v1 i call that a Noob
  • n0ob
    edited September 2008
    last night myself and my mates tried to gank a random RQ warrior near the secret passage for some fun, i would assume he was around 30, rank 1 equips and a very nooby weapon. We tried to kill him but he somehow managed to tank all our initial attacks and displayed some awesome evasion tactics I've yet to see in perfect world. He left us eating his dust.
    wait, it was not the fact he could run fast but the thing is he never ran into the safe zone we were just outside orchid temple and we chased him for about 30 minutes or more until we gave up. what amazes me is that we are 10 levels above him and we were 5 v 1 yet he still managed to stay alive for 30 minutes. After out initial surprise attacks we never managed to hit him. He tried to kill us when we were separated or whenever he had a chance to 1 v 1.
    i don't know if he is a pro or not, but that was definitely not noob and he's got keen battle senses I'll give him that.

cheers mate, you proved a point.
    ~Kyte
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    last night myself and my mates tried to gank a random RQ warrior near the secret passage for some fun, i would assume he was around 30, rank 1 equips and a very nooby weapon. We tried to kill him but he somehow managed to tank all our initial attacks and displayed some awesome evasion tactics I've yet to see in perfect world. He left us eating his dust.
    wait, it was not the fact he could run fast but the thing is he never ran into the safe zone we were just outside orchid temple and we chased him for about 30 minutes or more until we gave up. what amazes me is that we are 10 levels above him and we were 5 v 1 yet he still managed to stay alive for 30 minutes. After out initial surprise attacks we never managed to hit him. He tried to kill us when we were separated or whenever he had a chance to 1 v 1.
    i don't know if he is a pro or not, but that was definitely not noob and he's got keen battle senses I'll give him that.

~Kyte

Spending half an hour trying to land a hit on someone ten levels below you is... [BLANK].
  • Granz - Heavens Tear
    Granz - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well....running away from a battle u dont think u can win....i do not believe that isn't cowardly....
    i would jus call it a retreating-to-live-and-fight-another-day strategy....simple as that....

Of this does not apply to ppl who pick fights then run.....
  • grolarg
    grolarg Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if someone attacks another person then runs away thats noobish but if a strong person attacks a beginer and the beginer runs then thats not bad
  • Dusk - Lost City
    Dusk - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    another reason,
    personally, if i have a heiro on, i do not want to waste it on stupid pk. Much rather use it to grind, aoe, etc.
    ☺☻
  • n0ob
    edited September 2008
    Spending half an hour trying to land a hit on someone ten levels below you is... [BLANK].
    if you had only seen that guy... his name was server i think, can't remember the exact name.
    have you ever tried to hit a warrior using high level cloud sprint? try it you'll know.

that guy was good...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    that wouldnt be severan would it
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • cody92
    cody92 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Whats sad is when 3 people from a guild whose name i wont mention try to gank u while ur kiling a boss, then one measely 4X robe elf priest turns around and 3 shots all of them as they try to run away....thats running like a noob. xD
    Veto-4X Nuker Priest
    Ascension 4 life:cool:
  • n0ob
    edited September 2008
    that wouldnt be severan would it
    yeah that's the guy, mold armor level 30ish right?

Danke >:]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stthomp
    stthomp Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008

~Kyte

While you're at it, you might as well come out and admit you have a 3-inch winky.
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if you had only seen that guy... his name was server i think, can't remember the exact name.
    have you ever tried to hit a warrior using high level cloud sprint? try it you'll know.

that guy was good...

It's pretty easy to run from someone 10 levels ahead of you unless you are stunned, especially if you are a warrior.

The fact that he had molds makes it even easier, because the level 30 molds are even better than lvl 40 npc armors.
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Running away isn't noob at all...it's strategy.

Start a fight and then realizing you are vastly outnumbered and running to a safe zone isn't so much noob (because you're saving your hide) but rather embarrassing.

Getting jumped from behind and running is well, usually a great tactic especially if you're a mage (like myself).

Run to a safe zone, let them see you teleport...then fly back from a nearby town and find them and kill them from behind just as they tried to do to you (easy as a mage if you have chi and Essential Sutra).

Or if you get jumped from behind distrance shrink, sutra, cast cast cast cast.

But no...running away isn't noob.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Lol, so funny when people use "noob" as an adjective.
  • bestpaladinintheworld
    bestpaladinintheworld Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008

It depends in which context

if you are a ranged class and kiting someone thats not running

if you are on even ground even level and you run well thats noob

if someone attacks you and the second they do you mount up and run without even trying to assess if you can survive the situation well again noob (unless they hit you for like 80% of your hp in a single nuke)

if you are fighting someone and after a while you start to see you are losing the battle and your HP is getting low and you decide to retreat, heal up and hunt him down then thats not noob its strategy
    Want a mature guild with ages of PvP and MMORPG experience ... Join Raven PVP Guild [LOST CITY]

Guild Info:
    Average 40+ members online at a time, Experienced players from closed beta and my-PW, Ventrilo server, Forums, Quest help, Boss help, Daily FB runs, AOE, Weekly guild events, Guild Item bank and Guild organized stalls, Free Cyber

Guild Website
    raven.forumotion.com
  • kahlan442
    kahlan442 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kotek wrote: »
    there is running and running.. kitting i gotta say , if u kitting ur oponent thats smart and a nice move . if u run to save ur life like an **** then it's ain't smart , exept if Ofc the guys is 10 lvl more than you with a yerogram and u don't have ... or fully buffed with 3 of his friend in his back rawr.. anyway who ever run with same chance same lvl at 1v1 i call that a Noob

Don't Breed.

Run if you need to save your ****. Fight if it looks to be a "fair" fight. ( I use the word "Fair" lightly ) I would even go so far as to say that its not nubbish to run even if you start the fight. If I start a fight and realize I am vastly out-powered, I would run. Then again, I am not an idiot, and wont start a fight I cant win. If you don't evaluate your target before you attack, you deserve what you get.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Before you added your IGN, I would've asked whether or not your name is noob and the person chasing your had the grammatical skills of a five year old...b:shutup
  • Brimsheen - Sanctuary
    Brimsheen - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    neh, it's a valid tactic for survival. It just pisses the person who was about to kill you off.
    Souls yearn to live a hero, but even moreso, a soul yearns to die a Legend
    -Brimsheen, Mercenary for hire (16 and rising. My avvy lies)
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What if someone's about to mine iron/carbon, but gets sidetracked by mobs, leaving the mine open for you to get it? Is it noobish to run, because he wants to hit you for getting the iron/carbon while he was busy?
  • Lulucthulu - Heavens Tear
    Lulucthulu - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    No, that's a ninja ;-)
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    No, that's a ninja ;-)

Digging up an old thread is noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaso - Heavens Tear
    Jaso - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Bob Marley said,"He who fight and run away, live to fight another day."
  • Caidenlee - Heavens Tear
    Caidenlee - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Running away in pvp is not noob.
    Sure lets just stand in melee range as a venomancer.
    or lets say an archer, lets just sit here and do half dmg.
    beacuse that makes us not noob.

as an archer I can gladly say I will run, and I will kite.
    until my enemy is dead. call me a noob when your dead.

anybody who says running away is for noobs.
    Is in fact a noob. k sit down and stfu.
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    No its not noob. Its being smart.
    I may be an archer but I dont run. Ever not unless theres a huge mobs of monsters coming at me. Otherwise when its pvp i stand and fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Caidenlee - Heavens Tear
    Caidenlee - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    then you will die standing there. =) enjoy respawning alot.
    this isnt Call of Duty. have fun with using frost arrow for 100 damage.
  • Bookman - Heavens Tear
    Bookman - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    when its pvp i stand and die.

sry had to correct it for you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ieeemap - Lost City
    Ieeemap - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    its called fighting in the other direction guys b:chuckle