how does this compare to the original ?

Options
jamesl1
jamesl1 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
I've played PW original for awhile. I downloaded the client from somewhere else

How is this different?
Is it an exact copy with better english translations? Different music? Fewer cats selling items ?
I really like the version i'm playing now, but i'd like to give this a try too.
Post edited by jamesl1 on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    We ask that :
    19. No discussion about competing MMORPG's (including other versions of PW) and other similar games on these boards.
    Discussion of console, handheld, mobile & non-MMORPG PC games are allowed in the Off-Topic Forums only.
    People end up confused, follow a link, and wondering why they've got server names they've never seen before.

As to your question : Much, much better translations, server is actually on the American continent and running on a connection that can't be measured in second latency, GMs are not corrupt, and we actually ban bot-users and gold-spammers, to deal with the most common complaints regarding That version. Music's supposed to be the same, and the catshops are overtaking Archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The original would be the Chinese version, which I never played...

Some of the few noticeable difference I saw compared to the malaysian english version I played :

Positive :
    - Less lag. I don't have an outstanding ping, but much more enjoyablke to play here than there
    - No too many farming bots. I never saw one at least, so those who creeps up must be dealt with swiftly.
    - Choice of type of play : here we can choose to go on open-PvP or optional-PvP servers.
    - Good english : The admins/GM communicate in understandable english. The game texts you read actually make sense.
    - Controlled game environment : GMs/admins are taking measures to ensure an enjoyable gaming experience. Exemple : forbidding the use of fake guilds in territorial wars.
    - Frequent updates
    - A lot easier to buy game currency.
    - Active GMs and admins on the forum. While the information they give us is not always what we hope for, at least they are very active on this site.

Negative :
    - Much more costlier. Some items end up costing 3 times as much than on MY.
    - A lot less up to date. The cash shop is desperatly empty in some areas. And it's slow to fill up with new stuff. Most events don't work. Lots of bosses are not there. Many NPC don't work.
    - Same bugs as on all the other versions (blame the chinese devs for that)
    - Apparently don't have 24 hours a day GM coverage.
    - Of the few events that work, the timing is very bad for most of the players. Everything is planned to fit the american pacific coast players with total disregard for american eastern regions and Europe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I should also point out there people on this version speak English =P
    Nothing against people who are not native speakers, of course. Just saying that I had some language barrier difficulty in the MY version.
  • jamesl1
    jamesl1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The original would be the Chinese version, which I never played...

Some of the few noticeable difference I saw compared to the malaysian english version I played : ...

yeah, that's what I meant, the malaysian english version, I guess I meant that as the original western version,
    I had posted the link to the malaysian english version, but they editied out
    lame
    also EXTREMELY lame that they don't allow discussion of any other mmos even in the off topic forums
    thanks for posting all the negatives as well as the positives
    I really like PW; I like it better than ... well, I guess I'm not allowed to say,
    so I'll download the client and try it; I actually played that other version on a toshiba laptop with intel 945 integrated graphics, I'm located in NYC and never really had much of a problem with lag or latency, but now i have a decent pc with a decent video card and I think it will be great playing the game based on a US server

thanks again
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It says 'discussing', it is not so strict, afaict, that any mention or reference to another MMO gets edited away.