Snow Bear Spawn Difficulties

toolost
toolost Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
ok, this is mainly for the Venomancer class but it is also a concern for most of us.
I'm sure many of you have heard about the snow bear.... A cute little polar bear like pet that few people have, due to the fact that it is considered a rare spawn... Rare, meaning it spawns only every 12 hours or so I believe.... Well for some time now many of us have difficulties with even getting one, because there are those who come to the spawning area with the sole purpose of killing that spawn, leaving nothing but disappointment for the rest of us.. If a bear is successfully tamed, it is worth about 1.5 mill. I'm not sure if there is anything much that we can do to prevent kills of the snow bear, but plenty of us are getting quite annoyed at those select few- no names here, but we have kept track of most of you. PLease be considerate of the rest of us. I am not speaking just for myself, and I do hope thouse of you who agree with me on this will comment on this subject.
Thank You,
-Veraymix
Post edited by toolost on

Comments

• Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That is a way to jack up prices to make the bears they have easier to sell.

Quite dirty indeed especially when they're blue name and you can't PK them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Quite dirty indeed especially when they're blue name and you can't PK them.

That was also common in MY : they would make a few chars level 20some and go kill the spawn. You could not PK them since they were below level 30 anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    That was also common in MY : they would make a few chars level 20some and go kill the spawn. You could not PK them since they were below level 30 anyway...

But if they are 2x they can't 1 hit them either. Sooner or later you will have enough fast cast to sneak in a lucky shot. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Asharo - Lost City
    Asharo - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    well, you'll have to live with it on the pve server, not that people warned you in CB to consider things like that when choosing it.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    well, you'll have to live with it on the pve server, not that people warned you in CB to consider things like that when choosing it.

If you would have been reading this topic, the players that kill the thing are not even level 30 yet. You can't pk them no matter what.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you would have been reading this topic, the players that kill the thing are not even level 30 yet. You can't pk them no matter what.

What do you expect from someone playing on Lost City? All they are able to do it bash at the best servers. The PvP server is a semi-failure, most of the new players go to one of the PvE servers.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Asharo - Lost City
    Asharo - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    how about taking my statement for any lvl30+ rarepsawn then?

good luck getting those on the pve server with blue named ppl killing them.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    how about taking my statement for any lvl30+ rarepsawn then?

good luck getting those on the pve server with blue named ppl killing them.

good luck getting killed before you even cast.
    hell if Im in pvp and Im a higher level than anyone else, I can think of so many ways to irritate people I'll be receiving prizes from this "RQ" myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • julio69
    julio69 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    if you were on a non-carebear server you'd still have a shot on getting rare pets,
    or even buy them, it's not so expensive since it's not impossible to catch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RageQuit Inc.
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Even if the pet is extremely rare, I think venos need to just back up a step and BREATHE. Everyone is so hyped up and pissed all the time from dying pets that it's kind of ridiculous. I can say this honestly because I'm a veno myself, and Ive camped for these rare pets as well (and seen them die). In the end, it's just whoever gets to it first. If they want to be a jerk and kill it, they have the right. Move on and try again.
  • Veraymix - Heavens Tear
    Veraymix - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    heh honestly It really doesn't bother me much at all. Its bound to happen either way, seeing there are about 10-20 users who stand around waiting in the spawning spot and someone gets over excited and overdoes it. Could happen at any time. Plus It wouldn't only be one player hitting at it- There are others there as well, which most people don't consider the aspect of their strength combined with other players- its bounc to do damage. I took on posting a topic about this under a request from a friend. Thank you all for your opinions btw lol.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Would you tards please stop with the "your fault for being on pve sever" ****. We know it was a pve when we chose it and don't expect to have to run around killing any kids that ticks us off. You're even dragging the thread off topic.

Just drop it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What do you expect from someone playing on Lost City? All they are able to do it bash at the best servers. The PvP server is a semi-failure, most of the new players go to one of the PvE servers.

lol goodness can we not feel the love? b:surrenderb:chuckle

well fortunately not all of us are like that dear, just because someone showed their shoe size dears, does not mean we all will or should.

Bluenames killing off rare spawns, not attach to a guild? it happens, even on MY servers. It is a flaw in the game, but all such games have them. You can not harm them, be it PvP or PvE its still the same issue.

It is a quandry, what can you do about it? this is one I wish I did have an answer for.
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    the only diff here in PVE to PVP, is if you are over lvl30 and you purposely kill a pet, more then once, you could find yourself on a KOS list.

now granted mistakes happen, hell I have made them, everyone who has ever tried to catch a rare has. Pet spawns are by nature neutral territory in both area's including PVP. reliance is on those with the most skill. We have had some try to PK at those sights and they have found every veno there on them. I have even had a fellow guildy start something at a spawn sight without telling anyone. Not fun to clean up, and I spoke to the guild and arranged for the rare pet to be given back to the player who was pk by our member as an apology from our guild.

i am sitting here racking my brain over the purposeful killing though... has anyone submitted a direct ticket for consideration for those that show a pattern?