Gold Spammers

Options
pissedoffdwarf
pissedoffdwarf Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Please folks GM"s and ones in monitoring the servers Please kill the gold spammers .... And warn the new guys bout them ... I have seen many of deaths of friends due to those (well have few choice words here ) idiots. KILL THE GOLD SPAMMERS AS SOON AS THE POP UP . THANKS .

UNCLESAM

PS. NEW GUYS DONT WAIST UR MONEY ON THEM . THEY WILL **** UR ACCOUNT AND ITS A BANNABLE OFFENCE IN ALOT OF THE MMORPG GAMES OUT THERE . THEY MAKE ME MAD AS HECK.b:angry
what ever is left on the Battle field be comes Taxable income to UncleSam.

Look for UncleSam when playing .
Post edited by pissedoffdwarf on

Comments

• produde
    produde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Honestly I have not encountered any Gold spammers...only a few who feel General Chat is for "Chat Room" purposes. Thank to the Blacklist option they can be dealt with.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I have found gold spammers from time to time. The moment I do I use the report hacking on them. One time I left town for a moment on a quest and came back and the gold spammer was gone, but Xarfox was standing there instead. They get the spammers.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • kaitentsu
    kaitentsu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    What are gold spammers? I'm new here so yeah.... can somebody explain? I dont wantto get **** =(
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Its actually quite sad... I see them selling 1Mil for $16.99..

If you bought $17 worth of zen = 17 gold and sold that gold for 100k each (very easy) you would get 1.7mil AND it is a legit way >>
  • Nobleknight - Heavens Tear
    Nobleknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I have found gold spammers from time to time. The moment I do I use the report hacking on them. One time I left town for a moment on a quest and came back and the gold spammer was gone, but Xarfox was standing there instead. They get the spammers.
    Glad to hear there are ways to prevent them. I didn't know what to do against them, as I considered hacking to be something different entirely.

I have mostly encountered only one gold seller, and that was in Archosaur when I was coming back from a quest. I was considering using the "Report Hacker" option, but thought against it for it might have been for the wrong reason.

At the moment I cannot recall what the person's username was, either.
  • serathis
    serathis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I typically see them over in Arch when most of the asian players are on in force (11pm-6am PST). Problem is the amount of spam (much like other F2PMMO's) is so overbearing that you really have no choice but to blacklist them and hope they didn't use some "witty" ASCii title in their name to prevent it.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If you're not comfortable using the "Report Hacker" function, please use the Ticketing And Support feature, with problem type "Report Violation". This also makes it very easy to upload a .jpg'd screenshot of the offending individual to only our tech support group, and details of the offense. They don't need such a thing to track down violations, but it's much easier to run through logs with the equivalent of a CTRL-F.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dixie - Lost City
    Dixie - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    GMs do a very good job of taking care of Gold Spammers, in fact they even sometimes post in what I call "Universal Chat" aka Red Chat that they have taking care of them personally. They may not be able to take care of the issue immediately but it does get done. We all know Gold Spammers will keep coming back and there is not much that can be done about it, but as a community we the player can help the GMs make chat alot cleaner if we all report the offender as soon as you see it, The great thing is it only takes a few seconds of your time to do it :P

Love

Dixie
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The one in West Arch was there for a while. I finally just left.

What I did find funny though was that they wanted 15.99 for 1M coins. When 1Gold is going for around 900k you can buy 1M officially for a little cheaper than what they want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reisha
    reisha Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i know you've told me before not to post them here gattsuru but honestly it seems to be resolved more when the name and location is posted here then when its not. ppl posted they were around just not the name n where. maybe instead of just saying this isnt the place you can talk to the gms and see if theres a spot that we can make a specific thread for it and the gms could monitor activity on there.

Anyways the one in west archosaur that ppl talk about is:
    bfdhrht
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The report hacker feature automatically flags a player with a report marker, and the player that did the reporting. That is so they know who to thank for helping or take action against if they made a false report. If a GM is on they will teleport to the reported character to see what the situation is and take action if needed.

They know that just becuase you use the "report hacking" tool that the player may not be hacking at all, but its the best way to get the GM to target that one player. I go from my experience a couple of days ago when I reported a boss bugger with the "report hacking" tool. Just a minute later a GM was there and stopped them from doing it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Truvisionary - Sanctuary
    Truvisionary - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I saw 1 gold spammer "dgfg" I think his name was... blacklisted him instantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You've seen many deaths of friends because of them? 0.o How does that even happen.
  • WuSuang - Sanctuary
    WuSuang - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Funny thing is, I have been playing this game for two months. The best part is, I haven't met a single Gold Spammer! b:victory PWI has some of the best GMS ever. b:pleased
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Funny thing is, I have been playing this game for two months. The best part is, I haven't met a single Gold Spammer! b:victory PWI has some of the best GMS ever. b:pleased

Agreed! I came from a game that had so many gold spammers, you had to turn off Normal chat when entering town. Of course they then went to whisper... and shout. Your blocklist would fill up and there'd still be spammers, but you couldn't block them anymore.

Point is, this game has amazing GMs. ^^

I've encountered 2 gold spammers in the 3+ months I've been playing.
    b:bye RETIRED