Using charms

martinelf
martinelf Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Hello,
I am a lv 30 Cleric. I've made a Dragon's Scale Charm at the Apothecary's and have it in my inventory. The only requirement for it is Level below 40, but i don't know where to put it. I've tried to put it in the Utility Charm Slot and in the Guardian and Spirit Charm Slots too, but none of those work. Can anybody help me?
Thanks

Martin
Post edited by martinelf on

Comments

• Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    in the slot near your weapon.
  • sweet
    sweet Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    the level of the weapon needs to be high enough aswell, not only your level.
    IGN: .
    Class: Vim
    Level: 0
    Guild: no guild yet
    Server: Shura (EU Powaah!)
  • martinelf
    martinelf Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thank you for your answers.
    I've tried to put the Dragon's Scale Charm in the slot near my weapon (Utility Charm) but it doesn't fit.
    Scale Charms haven't any weapon requisite as Fury Charms or Blade Charms, you can see it at Apothecary's
  • deliciouse
    deliciouse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not sure about your charm or why its not working, but I've noticed when you click on a weapon for instance the slot it goes into gets a yellow border around it for just a second. Try clicking on the charm and see where it goes.
    Its worked for me.
  • Martin - Heavens Tear
    Martin - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have done this too, no slot blinks. Charm's icon is like Spirit Charm's slot icon
  • Zahara - Heavens Tear
    Zahara - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I cant recall the Dragon Scale specificaly. But if ur talking about a charm that reduces damage taken (rather than increasing damage), that doesn't go into any slot. U use each one similar to a potion, except u use it before u take a the hit. As it works for the very next hit u take after it's used, like a very temporary buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ooooooh those, put them in a quickslot and u'll see the colour of it will change when u click on it. It will stay active and consume charms until u click again or they are all depleted.
  • braunn
    braunn Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    By "quickslot", do you mean a hotkey? As in, those assignable buttons for 1-9 and F1 - F6?

I've been trying to figure out how to use these too, other than just right clicking on them (and making them disappear with no apparent effect) in my inventory. I don't recall seeing any instructions like this anywhere else!

Thanks
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes, quickslot as in the 1-9 and F-F6. Simply right click on them and they will take effect when you take a hit. Its more noticeable the higher the level mob is.

Now, most charms have a level requirement for current level is equal to or greater than the charm, double check to make sure that it is below level 40, otherwise you are trying to use it 10 levels early. Which is why it would not work.
  • tricycle
    tricycle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think I just rightclick whatever I want to equip. o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    KungFoo.info

Empire Alliance
  • braunn
    braunn Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ooooooh those, put them in a quickslot and u'll see the colour of it will change when u click on it. It will stay active and consume charms until u click again or they are all depleted.

Okay, I have these in my inventory and tied to a hotkey. I can click the hotkey to activate one, just as if I'd right clicked it in my inventory. But I don't see any color change, and it doesn't "stay active" and automatically continue to consume charms on repetitive attacks "until they are all depleted" like the attack charms do when you equip them in the proper slot.

Is this really supposed to happen? Or do you really have to right click in between each individual hit you take in order to get them to apply throughout a combat?
  • grimtass
    grimtass Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I use this open thread instead of openning a new one.

I recently got a small guardian charm. If I equip it and my health drops below 50%, the charm is used, I understand that, but my question is:

Is the guardian charm an one-use equipment? Or had it some kind of cooldown but is still equipped after is activates?

Thank you very much :)
  • Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    To answer your question, the guardian charm (or heiro as it's commonly called) will continue to "tick" when your HP get's below 50% until it is used up. In addition, it is important to know that the heiro has a 10 second "cooldown" during which it will not restore your HP regardless of how low you get.
  • grimtass
    grimtass Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok, thanks for your explanation ;)
  • raj2009
    raj2009 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi

I have just complted Celestial Sprirte Quest.
    But the Fury Charm given as reward cant be received.
    The error is INSUFFICIENT SLOTS.
    I have slots empty in inventory as well as near the weapon.
    What to do?

Thanks in advance!!
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Try right-clicking it, it will automatically go into the right slot
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!