I don't know what I am doing

Options
angelsdevil
angelsdevil Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
This is angelspunk and I need help

OK I just started here at pw and I don't know what I am doing. Is there supposed to be a quest I am supposed to be going on? Is there a character I am supposed to pick? :surrender I give up trying to figure it out so please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by angelsdevil on

Comments

• Prosperity - Lost City
    Prosperity - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    This is angelspunk and I need help

OK I just started here at pw and I don't know what I am doing. Is there supposed to be a quest I am supposed to be going on? Is there a character I am supposed to pick? :surrender I give up trying to figure it out so please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. *Speechless* b:thanks
  • Queenizumi - Heavens Tear
    Queenizumi - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I just started and the interface is very confusing b:cry lol
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Sorry about the interface.

Surtr has an excellent guild on downloading, installing, and patching the game client here.

Once you've done that, bring up the Launcher with the desktop icon. Use the Launcher's setting button to increase your resolution to at least 800x600. After that's done, hit the Start button on the Launcher to bring up the ElementClient.

From the client, you'll want to hit the "Next" button to close the Notice window, and if you have not done so already, select a server. Then put in your username and password, and hit start.

That'll bring you to the character selection/creation screen. Mine goes to the Untamed area and has a Barbarian because I've already played one, but yours will likely have an empty vista of Etherblade or the City of Plume. Yours also won't have a red arrow pointing to the Create Character button, although I wish it did. Click that button.

In the resulting screen, you'll want to set a name, select your species, gender, and class, and even customize your appearance. Continue past that to get your character in-game.

What you'll want to do is look for nearby characters with a Gold or Bronze shield over their heads. This indicates they can offer a quest to you. Not all quests can be completed as soon as they're offered, but most are extremely rewarding, so it's a good idea to at least know what quests are available. Double-click on them to talk to them, and if they have multiple things to talk about, look for Quest Related or options in their Dialog box to find more quest information.

You can also use the Quest Log ("q" key) to track your current quests, and use the Quest Finder to get pointers to other quest-giving NPCs looking for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Queenizumi - Heavens Tear
    Queenizumi - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Why set the resolution to 800x600. I've got it currently on 1280x1024 :?
  • milox4
    milox4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Why set the resolution to 800x600. I've got it currently on 1280x1024 :?

What do you understand by "at least"?

There's still some people with slow PCs out there that can only run this game at a decent speed at low resolutions, but setting the resolution to 600x480 pixels is not a very good idea, the UI gets in the way.

Anyway, "at least" means anything from 800x600 and up. Feel free to pick any resolution you like.