Blademasters in TWs?

Options
copywheel
copywheel Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
Do they have a disadvantage, or can they be among the most powerful? Which weapon is the best for territorial battles? Are Blademasters especially good against any class in particular, and if so which one?
My BM is nearing level 29 and I'm still unsure about which weapon to go for. I want to be useful in territorials, but I keep hearing things about how BMs are really bad in them (and in general =/). So, I was hoping to get some answers and advice from experienced Blademasters about the subject, before I make my decision.
Thanks much. b:victory
Post edited by copywheel on

Comments

• Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'll take a stab at answering this.

If played right, any class can be "powerful", also played poorly any class can be "pitiful". Here is the strength of the BM:

Fist - Rarely used but can be very effective. The goal of the fist BM is to sneak to the back lines and take out the casters from behind. They have a number of fast stuns. Since they hit fast but not hard, they are best vs. classes with low HP and armor..ie archers/mages/clerics. Fist BM's can interrupt casting with their skills.

Blade/Dual Blade - Are GREAT 1 on 1. These BM's (if dex based) are best vs. other NON blade bm's and Barbarians. They can dish out a scary amount of DPS and melt high HP players. Their dodge rate VS. the other BM or Barb's axe hit rate will keep them alive.

Axe/Dual Axe - Most people think Axe BM's are for damage. They are, but that is the 2nd roll. The Axe BM's job is to run in and STUN groups and KEEP THEM STUNNED while the others tear down the players. Find a group, run in and AOE STUN..then AOE DAMAGE them to death, along with everyone else. By lvl 29 you have 3 stuns, only 1 is AOE I believe. (I Recently hit 31 and have yet to actually use the lvl 29 stun.) So AOE stun, then stun 2 more with the single hits. Keep them useless. THAT is the role of the Axe BM.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • copywheel
    copywheel Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I see. Thanks very much!

So, I'm guessing that I'd want to stay away from a spear-user, then? x)
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    acutally no, I just left them out on accident.

Spear User - They are between sword and axe. Spear users have 2 stuns? and 2 long range skills, and alot of their skills deal damage to people standing in a row. They have good aoe, but alot of theirs are straight out infront of them. Say your a spear BM and you go toe to toe with another BM who has a mage standing right behind him. Alot of your skills are geared to hit the BM AND the mage! Can really catch people off guard with Spears.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Sinnerz - Lost City
    Sinnerz - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Keep in mind being a BM in general you already have alot of going for you.

no matter what wep, You get lions roar. Can stun aoe for a pretty long while (like 6 secs at fixed) mines only level 8 so does 5.4 sec w/17s cool down.

You also get AoE "Drakes sweep".

Personally my experience has been everyone wants Axe users in TW and they are hands down the best because AoE stun and LOTS of it.

I disagree personally, Im a blade user. My Doom (level 59 skill) is a aoe and hits alot harder than the aoe axe. I have alot of dex so while my stats on my weapon might be a lil lower. (I have around 2.5k atk while a axe user of my same level has around 3.3k not 100% sure.) I don't miss nearly as often my crits are higher, more attack speed. Just lack SEVERAL AOE STUN. imo my roar does just fine in PvP tw. small cool down long lasting effect.

Esp when I spark and doom a bunch of mg's or clerics grouped up and they fall.

That's MY perspective I think every class, Fist, Axe, Sword, Spear is VERY useful and they compliment each other well. Pick something you like and have fun with and im sure you'll love it every type of BM is useful in TW.