Defense against magic??

Options
Darth_rambo - Lost City
Darth_rambo - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
Ok. When it comes to hacking and slashing, I have no problem. Lately though, the quests are pitting me against these high power magic mobs, and I am getting killed. The worst has been when some stupid mob like a pyrogolth suddenely notices you as you're fighting something else, and hits you four times with his fire magic that has a multiplier. Then it's "Go to Town" time before you even knew what happened.

As far as these level 35 and such bosses go, I'm like "Guild! Help!" Then some lvl 65er from my guild will show up and flash and bash magic all over the place while I cower behind them.

So for you more experienced people, how do we as blademasters, respond to powerful magic attacks?
Post edited by Darth_rambo - Lost City on

Comments

• Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There are a number of ways to stand up to magic attacks.

If you know that you are going to be fighting magic casting creatures:

1. Invest/make some life powder. It will up your hp regen by a good amount. Will keep you alive longer.
    2. Wear a magic resist necklace and or belt for the time being
    3. Use the Magical Marrow skill. At lvl 1 it reduces your Physical resist by 40% and BUFFS your magical resists by 40%..this effect is a 10 second duration.

As a BM, any combination of those should keep you standing and healthy for the next fight. I do NOT like fighting magical creatures, but if I have to I go prepaired. As a heavy armor BM, Magic and Range are our two biggest enemies.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • chong
    chong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok. When it comes to hacking and slashing, I have no problem. Lately though, the quests are pitting me against these high power magic mobs, and I am getting killed. The worst has been when some stupid mob like a pyrogolth suddenely notices you as you're fighting something else, and hits you four times with his fire magic that has a multiplier. Then it's "Go to Town" time before you even knew what happened.

As far as these level 35 and such bosses go, I'm like "Guild! Help!" Then some lvl 65er from my guild will show up and flash and bash magic all over the place while I cower behind them.

So for you more experienced people, how do we as blademasters, respond to powerful magic attacks?

use potions, and Magical Marrow skill, then change back to Physical Marrow skill if it changes to attack with physical damage.

For higher lvl, like over 50+, i reckon you to get a Hp Hierogram if it is possible, although you need to pay real money to get it from the Cash Shop. It is worth it, especially someone tries to pk you when you are low hp. And it saves u most of the situation.
    There are a number of ways to stand up to magic attacks.

If you know that you are going to be fighting magic casting creatures:

1. Invest/make some life powder. It will up your hp regen by a good amount. Will keep you alive longer.
    2. Wear a magic resist necklace and or belt for the time being
    3. Use the Magical Marrow skill. At lvl 1 it reduces your Physical resist by 40% and BUFFS your magical resists by 40%..this effect is a 10 second duration.

As a BM, any combination of those should keep you standing and healthy for the next fight. I do NOT like fighting magical creatures, but if I have to I go prepaired. As a heavy armor BM, Magic and Range are our two biggest enemies.

1st and 3rd idea are totally correct.

2nd - it will be pointless, as you need necklace for buffing your hp and physical attk. Kill it fast = lose less hp.

killing magical creatures is not wise for lvling, unless you need to kill them for quests.

Range is still alright, just use any Reduce movement speed skills on the creatures. Still it is frustrating for chasing them. No good for killing them to level up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YOU JUST GOT OWNED b:bye
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ... The worst has been when some stupid mob like a pyrogolth suddenely notices you as you're fighting something else ...

Maybe it's not all in equipment, you can pull your primary target away from other critters. Use something ranged to get their attention, then pull slowly back.
  • Magicman - Lost City
    Magicman - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    now u know what a psyhical mob vs mage is like

and magic marrow skill is a good suggested idea(lvl it for better use and maybe some pvp)
  • Sinnerz - Lost City
    Sinnerz - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Also if you can't buy Hiero's in game or in CS. I advise you level your "Diamond Sutra"
    Even from level one; It Heals you 20% of your max hp + more over time (capped is around 1.5-1.6k over 15 seconds.)

Anyways for leveling / PvP / TW just about anything that skill rocks.
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well what i do for magic mobs is i carry a set of light(archer) armor and then use diamond and marrow alter sutras fully buffed once my magic def went as high as 4k at lv 53 after useing the sutra
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    How did I leave out sutra...man..must be losing it with my old age. :P
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw