Cleric's role in TW

Onishi - Heavens Tear
Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Cleric
Hey everyone,
My guild is planning to start territory wars this weekend, I've only gathered bits and pieces of the concepts. Haven't participated in one before, and can't really find any detailed guide as to what exactly things are like.

Anyway I pretty much understand for the initial capture, as that's pretty much standard PVE, keep tank alive role for me, which I'm more then prepared for, but since that chapter of the wars will be coming to a close soon. What role do we have in TW. The way I see it, both possible scenerio's aren't good for my build (pure support, my strongest attack is plume shot level 2).

Scenerio 1. Healers are effective in keeping things alive, and thus are gang **** every 2 seconds when noticed.

Scenerio 2. (what I'm vaguely hearing is accurate), healers don't really work much , things aren't really layed out where healing can be a large factor, so cleric's primary role is killing.

Looking for some information from some TW experienced clerics, could there be a 3rd where I actually help and stay alive long enough to do anything? Or am I basically going to be blowing charms like they were water from dying every 2 seconds, or doing nothing but observing.
Post edited by Onishi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jagermeister - Lost City
    Jagermeister - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    1.) Stay alive (number 1)
    2.) Keep your team alive (its best to be pre-emptive with this, after practice and group pvp you can guess rather accurately who is going to be targetted, although it also depends ont he skill of the people u are fighting and if they are using an attack assist.) [NOTE: A good enemy will kill you first so be ready to tank while ur DDs finish them off]
    3.) Buff your guildies / Revive when needed
    4.) Assist team Caller with Roots (cyclone), can pump out some DD but in big pvp usually theres constant healing and HOTing to be done so the only DD i usually do is crowd control.
    5.) In ventrilo you and the team caller should be the two pseudo-leaders. its your goal to keep everyone near each other so you don't have to run around all over healing people, but not too close they can all get AOEd.

Practice makes perfect, learn what works for you, some clerics i know focus a lot mroe on the DD aspects of the class, I feel thats what the other 5 people in team are really for, its your role to keep your team alive, buffed, and 80% hp or higher at all times, if you set your goal never letting anyoens HP drop below 80% (which is hard in mass PvP) you'll do good, again learn how to pre-empt who will need heals before they start taking massive damage. Usually the first person to run into a group of enemies or target them gets called so be ready to pop heals on him and keep him HOTed, also I always try to keep at least 1 Ironheart running on myself so every 15 sec I'll throw that down.

With more and more experience too you'll learn hwo to lead your team, again you and the caller are the most important people in the team so learn to work well together and learn to keep your group in heal range. If u aren't under heavy asssult I would focus on DD. I usually aim for clerics and Wizards since they are very easy to take out.

Remember the importance of crowd control though I cannot stress this enough, learn to use the CC skills you have and when you need to use them.
    Cleric - Member of Unlimited [Lost City]

Invincible 220/24 Keeper - SC Ring of Destruction (Anarchy Online)
    Invincible 63 Warrior - Genocide (Knight Online)
    Invincible 120 Priest - Leader Primal (Corum Online)
    Invincible1 109 Segnale - Leader Primal Instinct (2moons)
    Jagermeister 80 Priest of Mitra - Primal Instinct (Age of Conan)

Sub-Leader Primal Instinct Gaming Services Network
    "PKing since Pong"
    www pigsnet.com