Dull Claws

Ash - Heavens Tear
Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
It's driving me crazy... I can't get dull claw drops anywhere to save my life and I keep needing dozens of them for my dragon quests. I've already spent like 100,000 on dull claws alone..... When I was lower levels, I got quite a few of them, so I don't know what happened. Also, many of the drops people (and websites) say drop them drop claws (the silver kind), not DULL claws. It's getting annoying... Do they drop less the higher your lvl is?? I don't get it.

Anyone know good places where mobs drop them? I tried all the monsters near Archosaur and none of them ever drop for me.. not the wolves or jackaleopardites... nothing... People have told me giant piranhas and other things.. but noooo.. those drop the silver claws not the dull ones.. I get like two drops an hour from the midnight jackaleopardites..... if I'm Lucky... *sigh* I need to find some better mobs....
Post edited by Ash - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I got 10 from Pinnaer Foxwings this morning.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/8105
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    I got 10 from Pinnaer Foxwings this morning.

Great, thanks! I haven't tried them yet. I'll try then! I did look at that database and tried some of the monsters and they didn't drop, though the names on the list seem to have changed since I last looked the other day, so I'm just confused now.. :D
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yeah sometimes you will get the drops right away, and other times you just gotta be patient.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    While likewise unofficial and sometimes inaccurate, this page seems to have a overview of what can drop a given item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amanai1
    amanai1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If i were you, I would head to broken bow bluff west of Archosaur, and kill the white eyed and treeline wolfkins. The drop ratio for dull claws is about 1 out of every 3 it seems. I've probably collected over 60 dull claws from them only. If that doesn't work, try to lychean hunters right outside the west gate if you're lower level. There drop ratio isn't as good, but they drop dull claws.
    Banned because you fail at life.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    While likewise unofficial and sometimes inaccurate, this page seems to have a overview of what can drop a given item.

Wow. Thanks so much Gattsuru. That site is brilliant. You can even see a percentage of how often items are dropped and run searches. Love it. b:heart

And thanks Amanai. That's such a help too. :D
  • chrysilla
    chrysilla Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    amanai1 wrote: »
    If i were you, I would head to broken bow bluff west of Archosaur, and kill the white eyed and treeline wolfkins. .

I love you b:laugh It's been a while since I first started to seek for these claws and asking in the chat (no one answered me though). So thanks alot!
  • xfiercex
    xfiercex Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i had no idea who drop those dull claw neither, so i had to buy them >_> thats for that site its gonna help
  • Chrysilla - Sanctuary
    Chrysilla - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i had them dropped alot on werewolves and quilhogs, west of archosaur. look for me ingame (same name) and i can give you some :)
  • mollyhatchet
    mollyhatchet Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Personally iprefer this database

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    amanai1 wrote: »
    If i were you, I would head to broken bow bluff west of Archosaur, and kill the white eyed and treeline wolfkins. The drop ratio for dull claws is about 1 out of every 3 it seems. I've probably collected over 60 dull claws from them only. If that doesn't work, try to lychean hunters right outside the west gate if you're lower level. There drop ratio isn't as good, but they drop dull claws.

I was there last night, I do not think white-eyed and treeline wolfkins are drop dull claw, but the
    quilhogs in the same area do drop, I got 4 in about a hour.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I had to hunt for them too, the Cutlass guys west of the mines - near that boss Charr and around the hill - dropped them frequently enough.
  • makino7
    makino7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Check out this page with drop percentages for different mobs.

You have to scroll down to see them.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ohnoes, a necromancer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.