Money making

Options
sammich
sammich Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Hey I'm new and was wondering if anyone had any tips on making money in game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cyanr
    cyanr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Pick up any stuff that you can get. Usually the ones that are stackable are the ones that will give you riches mostly. You can either sell them to NPCs or have them vend in an insna e demanding price for which a lot of player need. Which I'm sure they'll buy it at some cases. But it is a very demeaning way to get money fast.

Just collect from kills basically. Or what you can do is start hunting for herbs and make a lot of Life Powder, a lot of people buys em :P
    Human intelligence, personifies human incompetence.
    Inarguably, pessimistic, lost caged instinct euphoria.
    Thee who see without knowing, the vague sentence.
  • sammich
    edited October 2008
    Options
    cyanr wrote: »
    Pick up any stuff that you can get. Usually the ones that are stackable are the ones that will give you riches mostly. You can either sell them to NPCs or have them vend in an insna e demanding price for which a lot of player need. Which I'm sure they'll buy it at some cases. But it is a very demeaning way to get money fast.

Just collect from kills basically. Or what you can do is start hunting for herbs and make a lot of Life Powder, a lot of people buys em :P

Thanks, how do I make life powder though?
  • Madcow - Heavens Tear
    Madcow - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    yeah a way i find easy is to kill Mutant Whirler Turtle's the drop rate of rhino horns is 44.34% and each one is worth 800 to npc's they are pretty easy to find they in the centre of the central river running right through the middle =) only thing is they are lvl 21 its not a massive money making scheme but it helps me get by =)
  • Madcow - Heavens Tear
    Madcow - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i dont think it takes that long to get lvl 20 either =) before anybody complains lolz
  • cyanr
    edited October 2008
    Options
    sammich wrote: »
    Thanks, how do I make life powder though?

Try learning the Way of the Apothecary. There, you will see the herbs that you'll need. It's a bit stressing, but its worthwhile.

Or take Madcow's advice.
  • sammich
    edited October 2008
    Options
    yeah a way i find easy is to kill Mutant Whirler Turtle's the drop rate of rhino horns is 44.34% and each one is worth 800 to npc's they are pretty easy to find they in the centre of the central river running right through the middle =) only thing is they are lvl 21 its not a massive money making scheme but it helps me get by =)
    cyanr wrote: »
    Try learning the Way of the Apothecary. There, you will see the herbs that you'll need. It's a bit stressing, but its worthwhile.

Or take Madcow's advice.

Thanks guys, you helped a lot.
  • Heavenswings - Heavens Tear
    Heavenswings - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I read this post and i made some lifepowder after... How much should i seel the for each
  • cyanr
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Whatever you think it may please the buyers from wanting it.
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    you can always farm Hay and sell it :)

you can also craft new low items and decomp them and sell the stones to players :)

or you can ask mom and dad for zen gold and sell items from boutique... like other kids do here.
    (note only if your a kid tho... cause adult's knows the value of a $ and wouldnt sell those boutique items as low as some peops do)

b:victory

Good luck.
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashron
    ashron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    make a Venomancer, you spend basically nothing on pve, try getting rarepets and sell them for a lot. Level it to 60+ or 70+ and farm Twilight Temple (HH) for a lot of money, too.
  • Ashtad - Sanctuary
    Ashtad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Also, make sure you pick up all the stacks of gold that drop off the mobs you kill....and pick up the ones that other people for some dumb reson they leave laying around:)
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    if im not wrong then DQ items worth 800 and more, find mobs that drops them a lot and u can earn a lot of cash
    i have even got a million in a day of grinding and i sell them only to npcs and get less than could get if sell in shops
    so have fun with grinding :D

-- _minta_
  • Suroboru - Heavens Tear
    Suroboru - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    u got 1250 DQ drops in 1 day?

whats that smell
    IGN: Suroboru
    SVR: Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xxxratedxxx - Sanctuary
    Xxxratedxxx - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    u got 1250 DQ drops in 1 day?

whats that smell
    smells like bs
  • sammich
    edited October 2008
    Options
    smells like bs

I agree, I had been farming hay and DQ drop and got like 200k for about a days work(I left a shop open overnight). 1 mill a day is total BS.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    1) Save money on pots. Meditate and using pots will recover more. (I believe this is true?)
    2) Repair drops you get and sell it.
    3) Pick up everything mobs drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It might be BS, but keep in mind he said he farms DQ items which are worth 800 and more. The and more would imply he is getting DQ 31, 41, 51, etc. items as well. DQ 31 are worth 1350 to a merchant, DQ 41 are worth 1700 to a merchant, DQ 51 are worth 2150 to a merchant, etc.. As you start fighting harder things getting 1 million in a day gets more and more possible. Now why anyone would want to sell them to a merchant rather than other players I have no idea, but that is another story.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    It might be BS, but keep in mind he said he farms DQ items which are worth 800 and more. The and more would imply he is getting DQ 31, 41, 51, etc. items as well. DQ 31 are worth 1350 to a merchant, DQ 41 are worth 1700 to a merchant, DQ 51 are worth 2150 to a merchant, etc.. As you start fighting harder things getting 1 million in a day gets more and more possible. Now why anyone would want to sell them to a merchant rather than other players I have no idea, but that is another story.

Agreed.

Example: some rare DQ items in Heavens Tear are Dull Claws and Element Fragments, most ppl vend dull claws for 9000 gold (some idiot started this trend no doubt by buying all the dull claws one day) collect 112 open a stand called OMGz S> DUL/CLWZ and thats your 1 mil. (assuming they sell)

Collected from these mobs:

Name level %drop rate (assuming an item drop)
    Pinnaer Foxwing 34 29.9276
    Saint's Lake Piranha 34 29.9276
    Backsnap Quillhog 35 25.0674
    Ashen Jackaleopardite 27 23.4608
    Snakevalley Bloodwolf 27 23.4608
    Sapphire Planeshark 36 20.3146
    Midnight Jackaleopardite 26 19.5663
    Moon Jackaleopardite 26 19.5663
    Shanlang Cutlass 26 19.5663
    Quillhog Magus 25 15.9064

For the Pinnear Foxwings and Saint's Lake Piranhas you should get a dull claw roughly every 7th kill thats about 800 kills to get 112 Dull claws. Of course Leather and Claws(another DQ item) drop at reasonable rates from these mobs too 17% and 16% respectively(again assuming an item is dropped). So on that basis your million bucks should come quicker if you sell leather and claws too.

Assuming 30 secs per kill thats around 7 hrs grinding o.O

Info was gathered from PWDatabase: Dull Claws

I looked forward to people proving my maths wrong =P

Edit: :S i lost all my indentations and added color coding
    I like pie
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I make my money in this game the exact same way I do in every mmo. I simply.....level up.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Niteblade - Sanctuary
    Niteblade - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Talk to the Auctioneer NPC (can be found in every major town), and place the items you wanna sell there. There will be a small fee for placing items for auction, but it's well worth it. First, it frees up the slots in your bag. Second, no need to leave your shop open all night. I have been selling my junks in auctions with success.
  • malkesh
    malkesh Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Is it worthwhile using the Auctioneer?

I was thinking about putting my stuff up for auction there too, since I'm too lazy to open up a shop. However until now I was hesitant to do so. I was afraid that not enough people were really using it and I was going to be stuck with my stuff while paying a fee and not selling.

I got that impression because most stuff I saw for sale there, was like high-lvl or expensive stuff. That way it looks like only high-lvl people really use it and you couldn't hope to sell low-lvl gear.
  • fredleo
    fredleo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Where can i farm hay im blademaster in lvl 13XD where can i get hay?
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    from turtles fredleo.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • wintertitan
    wintertitan Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It's not BS. DQ81 costs 3350g at NPC. 100 pieces = 335,000. 300 = more then a million. You can get 300 in like 6 hours with the right mobs. So, if you take DQ71 or 61, which is not that hard to get, then a full day of grinding can be worth a million. b:shutup
  • ExoSnyper - Sanctuary
    ExoSnyper - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i heard that ppl get around 300k to 1mil jus from a mold sell but i've no idea where to get them..

maybe someone else can help? (tell us where we can get the molds)
  • tugetti
    tugetti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hey I'm new and was wondering if anyone had any tips on making money in game.
    Hey, i can answer that, and its not hard...if you actually sell everything stackable to players, u can make money...its slow, but that time IF you leave your computer on, somebody may buy it...because in stackables (like Rhino Horn) even 200 coins in 20 items is big difference...or like Rhino Horn to NPC is 800, if u sell 20 of 'em, u get 16k...but to players as 1k, its 20k...and always before u sell anything, watch some players that sell same items, remember the price they sell, and sell just a little lower than that. So, you would be the best seller in the item...yea, if someone sells rhino horn like 1500, u sell it 1200 or something like that...but its good to look for shops that has the same items u have...u should look at least 2 player shop prices. Then, you are the best seller.
  • tugetti
    tugetti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    malkesh wrote: »
    Is it worthwhile using the Auctioneer?

I was thinking about putting my stuff up for auction there too, since I'm too lazy to open up a shop. However until now I was hesitant to do so. I was afraid that not enough people were really using it and I was going to be stuck with my stuff while paying a fee and not selling.

I got that impression because most stuff I saw for sale there, was like high-lvl or expensive stuff. That way it looks like only high-lvl people really use it and you couldn't hope to sell low-lvl gear.
    WARNING, MUCH TEXT! Yea, there are low level items like logs, pig iron, etc...they're for the wine to do fast dungeon, bec every boss has 5% chance to drop a mold, unless your likely 4 levels higher than the boss, then its only 2%...yea, i got Skysunder (veeeeery good lvl 22 amulet) Amulet mold from Razorjaw...and hey, every boss has 21-31% chance to drop an epic (name color: purple) item, and u can get like mirace celes if u decompose them. Actually even i buy those pig irons, logs, sandstones...for doing the dungeon fast, it can be done with only 2 people, and no need for healer. But other one of the people has to be a tank, able to take the boss after him...other one runs, other kills, and yea, healer would be actually good, but u need to have potions/good guardian charm with you if you wanna do it with your brother or something...u can share the goods if its your friend...otherwise with random group, its little chance that you get the goods. but hey, to the point, LOW ITEMS SELL GOOD, because nobody wants to grind them with running around.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree, I had been farming hay and DQ drop and got like 200k for about a days work(I left a shop open overnight). 1 mill a day is total BS.

Lol, you think DQ drops are going to be good on mobs that also drop rare items? The number given is not unobtainable.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ashron wrote: »
    make a Venomancer, you spend basically nothing on pve, try getting rarepets and sell them for a lot. Level it to 60+ or 70+ and farm Twilight Temple (HH) for a lot of money, too.

You don't get leveled by farming rare pets getting them is a gamble, selling them timely and for what they cost you is a gamble, and there's little coin or XP to be made from TT. (THERE IS NO HH ON PWI)
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1) Save money on pots. Meditate and using pots will recover more. (I believe this is true?)
    2) Repair drops you get and sell it.
    3) Pick up everything mobs drop.

Meditate = time not making coin.
    Repair drops = cost coin, most aren't worth shop space.
    Pick up all = risk getting self killed and getting set back, or wasting time when better coin is easier.
This discussion has been closed.