If Blademasters dont tank what is their function?

Options
Alecia - Lost City
Alecia - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
I started playing a blademaster because I figured I would try tanking out, come to find out that barbarians are the tanking class in this game. What are blademasters needed for in the higher levels?
Post edited by Alecia - Lost City on

Comments

• Yamiki - Lost City
    Yamiki - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    mainly needed for adding damage when ur doing one of those FB just like the wiz. Barbarians Tank, Wizaards and Blademasters add the damage, and Clerics does the healing. On FB you can also add an archer in your party to get more damage.
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Most people would say that their primary function is to stun.

If your an Axe Warrior then you can unload with some AoE's
  • shri
    shri Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Their function is variable and depends on the user..

You CAN tank with a BM if you are experienced enough with playing. You also can deal damage.

The most variable class in the game is BM.
  • Firefrost - Heavens Tear
    Firefrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    mmm actually damage comes from mages and archers they out-dmg easily the warriors. Warriors are for semi-tank and semi-dmg, you can lure all the monsters use cloud sprint, diamond sutra ,hp pots or life powder and start spamming out all your aoe skills it sure gets you to clear the whole area fast and easy xP
    I had to choose between the War or the Shame, I chose the shame and I got the war
    FireFrost
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    Yamiki - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    mmm actually damage comes from mages and archers they out-dmg easily the warriors. Warriors are for semi-tank and semi-dmg, you can lure all the monsters use cloud sprint, diamond sutra ,hp pots or life powder and start spamming out all your aoe skills it sure gets you to clear the whole area fast and easy xP

Yeah but u die easily unless u follow like a Tank BM build which is really boring as I have heard.. because damage would suck and everything lol
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah but u die easily unless u follow like a Tank BM build which is really boring as I have heard.. because damage would suck and everything lol

thats why I dont and you cant die easily if you have a cleric :D
    I had to choose between the War or the Shame, I chose the shame and I got the war
    FireFrost
  • palillo
    palillo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

also mages have a long casting time so by the time u have casted your first spell the BladeMaster damge dealer build might have already dealed more than wat the mage has, also we are more resitant to physical damage than mages, but it truly all depends on the player at the end of it all
    edited October 2008
    Options
    yeah I guess so palillo, but if you are against mages use light armors o.o!
    FireFrost
  • larrylam
    larrylam Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i still cant choose between DUAL AXE build or the SWORD build...i've decided not to take DUAL SWORD because of the attack rate is low compared to the SWORD build. can anyone give me opinions?
  • Efrail - Heavens Tear
    Efrail - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well dual swords might have slower attack rate but that means they hit harder so if you like dealing out more dmg each attack then go for dual or if you like faster less dmging attacks then go one handed. oh and not to for get, faster attack rate can be good at lvl 30+ when you can get the skill called diamond sutra (i think) cuz the faster you attack the faster you charge your chi for a spark to use diamond sutra which is a useful healing skill which i like lots cuz im more of a PvE player but yeah this is only my opinion ^.~
  • chong
    chong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

BM is Second best physical tank, the best stunner and best physical damager.
    yeah I guess so palillo, but if you are against mages use light armors o.o!

You will only get pawned if you do that
    larrylam wrote: »
    i still cant choose between DUAL AXE build or the SWORD build...i've decided not to take DUAL SWORD because of the attack rate is low compared to the SWORD build. can anyone give me opinions?

Depend on what class you want to fight against it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YOU JUST GOT OWNED b:bye
  • chong
    edited October 2008
    Options
    shri wrote: »
    Their function is variable and depends on the user..

You CAN tank with a BM if you are experienced enough with playing. You also can deal damage.

The most variable class in the game is BM.

Yes, you are right. I can tank Drum God, in single mode in HOLY HALL, with my hierogram, and kill it alone. he is hitting me less than 250 physical damage, if i cast Ultimate sword skill (reduce physical and magical dmg) and other physical defence skill, he is hitting me like around 100.

NO melee class will go for tanking a magical dmg boss, even Barbarian (unless he is with EP). It will be dumbest thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinnerz - Lost City
    Sinnerz - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    chong wrote: »
    Yes, you are right. I can tank Drum God, in single mode in HOLY HALL, with my hierogram, and kill it alone. he is hitting me less than 250 physical damage, if i cast Ultimate sword skill (reduce physical and magical dmg) and other physical defence skill, he is hitting me like around 100.

NO melee class will go for tanking a magical dmg boss, even Barbarian (unless he is with EP). It will be dumbest thing to do.

Interesting, What lvl were you able to Solo mode the Drum boss in HH?
  • chong
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Interesting, What lvl were you able to Solo mode the Drum boss in HH?

after u are lvl 60+ . Despite that, it s pointless even you can tank and kill it, but there is another Boss you can't kill and you will only get owned by it. So what is the point for going there if you just want to kill 1 boss? If i am not mistaken, it is called Colossus. It is magical dmg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]