Macro

sophie19
sophie19 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
hey guys

i need help with a little macro.

i'll be write a macro for character saying "i have aggro" or "Heal me, please" but i cant found the funktion in the game. i can only skills using in the macro?
Post edited by sophie19 on

Comments

• cyanr
    cyanr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Macro is basically a set of combo skills, for those people who are pretty much lazy for pressing certain keys to accomplish their task. Is basically a faster hotkey. If you want to go for defense hotkey within an instant, with all of the assigned defensive skills. You can have those in your arsenal.

Not fully fond of it, but those are its functionalities.

Here are some examples:

First Macro Sets(Defensive Buffs)
    Lightning Armour
    Light of Jericho

Second Macro Sets(Attack Skills)
    Thunderball
    Chain Lightning
    Shocking Strike

Then ones you have completed the combo. It will cast those spells in order without going through the whole entire F1-12 hotkeys. Also, if there are any other spells you don't want to get affected, such as mana shield or revive, separate them, so they won't be part of the combo. Just individual skills.
    Human intelligence, personifies human incompetence.
    Inarguably, pessimistic, lost caged instinct euphoria.
    Thee who see without knowing, the vague sentence.
  • sophie19
    sophie19 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yes but you have see any healers in defens?
    it is helpfully i can a text macro for warning my squad members "i have aggro" or "i need heal"
    sry for my bad english lolb:surrender

i mean for healers not magicans ^^
  • cyanr
    edited October 2008
    Similar applications. You just have find the right combo for it. And make sure you not only depend on the macro hotkeys, have the REAL abilities ready, just incase the spells in the macro are broken, usually interrupted as a caster. Always keep a backup hotkeys for other spells that you may want to keep in hand.
  • Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Excuse me but please don't explain bot related on Perfect World.

We are trying to keep this game bot free as we can possibly could. We hate marcoers and Real World traders as the constantly keep flooding the servers.

I will be keeping a eye on this thread. If it goes too far, I will report to a moderator.
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    From what I saw so far advertising other games on this forum is also not allowed and with you posting links that is exactly what you are doing.
  • cyanr
    edited October 2008
    Who's a bot? Macro is implemented on the game's system. And who's advertising? If it's me that you are appointing at, you are clearly mistaken. Also, those were just examples, no need to become a complete incompetence about it. Another thing as well. You watching my posts with links, cause I am trying to help people? WOW! Very much likely all posts regards in the relation of what you've posted. I'm just referring it back to people who needs it.

You guys take this passionately in to one subtle obsession. Check my posts if you find anything relating to any UNWANTED materials please. I'll be glad to be interrogated.

I'm just saying this its because I most likely to despise people who accuse me with this matter, without any strong proof of evidence.
  • Doklin - Heavens Tear
    Doklin - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hit R on your keyboard and look at bottom right, you will see "Macro".

It's only used to set skills up so you don't have to click everyone. It is great for clerics, putting all the buffs in 1 macro then 1 click for full grp buff or 1 click to buff a single person. It's also great for cleric soloing, (Plume shot + Greater Cyclone) x2. 1 click per mob death and posion mobs don't interupt (what we clerics mainly kill since there wood and do no dmg to us).
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008

We are trying to keep this game bot free as we can possibly could. We hate marcoers and Real World traders as the constantly keep flooding the servers.

I will be keeping a eye on this thread. If it goes too far, I will report to a moderator.

Are you on drugs? Paranoia much?

@OP, Unfortuntately the game doesnt have anything for that. A workaround would be to just tell your party that u'll use shortcuts like "h" = help "b" = buff etc. Pressing one letter shouldnt be much diff from using a macro button.
    Alternatively you can go buy a very expensive keyboard with builtin macro support and set it up to write out "heal me" etc. But omg beware cos ppl like Zehethos might report you as a botter/hacker if you do that.
  • eizenhorn
    eizenhorn Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008

This just leaves me kinda totaly speechless... Did you by any chance forgot to take your medicine?
    b:puzzled
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2008

This guy has been posting the most ridiculous nonsense all over the damn forums. Get this wannabe moderator out of there.

He complains about pvp, world chat, and anything he can whine about, with nothing more than baseless and illogical opinions to express his personal view of righteousness.

@OP, the game severely lacks in customizable options. Setting simple chat macros is not available. Since there is no open-ended API available for this game, creating in-game macros aside from the 10-action sequence is impossible.

It's a four-year old game, licensed to PWE with provisions that I'm certain prohibit any modification of code that affects the game function other than adding content. High-level coding requests (chat macros would 'technically' be high level, although it would be relatively easy) are probably submitted to the Beijing office, but would take forever to translate & implement to our version (i.e. "A temporary disabled npc.." issue).

Unfortunately for us, what you see is what you get.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raylos - Heavens Tear
    Raylos - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008

The three remaining players over on the EQII servers miss you. They requested that you return there with the utmost haste.

Oh, and Sweet Mary called , she was looking for you.
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Most of his posts are annoying and/or stupid, but this one was pretty funny. (I actually laughed out loud)

OnTopic, I was wondering what that macro button thingamajig was for, and now I know, it seems pretty cool.