tasks.data upload here!

Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
Just uploaded the tasks.data file, fully patched version. Hope that helps everyone who is stuck there. :)
Post edited by Aryannaveno - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    I have by now been told that the link doesn't seem to work anymore so here it is again I will also upload the element.data in a couple minutes.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c4f86c/n/tasks_data

Edit: Just uploaded the elements.data Hope that helps a bit.
  • Tykki - Heavens Tear
    Tykki - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Awesome that did the trick , thx for those 2 files
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Although we don't officially approve of doing things like this to get the game working for you, I however, see nothing. ;)

Thank you to the community members who are helping others, as us weee folk with PWE have our hands tied in respect to goings on of what you speak b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited October 2008
    Although we don't officially approve of doing things like this to get the game working for you, I however, see nothing. ;)

Thank you to the community members who are helping others, as us weee folk with PWE have our hands tied in respect to goings on of what you speak b:pleased

Yes that is why I send you a pm earlier asking if I could do this. Even though I have no problem with the upload thanks for allowing me to do this. :)
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thank you so much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • koilm
    koilm Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    im still having trouble downloading the first patch file..........................skillstr.txt

wondering if anyone's having the same problem as i do

btw this is the slowest offical website and updating system i've ever seen in any games....
    edited October 2008
    koilm wrote: »
    im still having trouble downloading the first patch file..........................skillstr.txt

btw this is the slowest offical website and updating system i've ever seen in any games....

Hmm I try to upload that as well.

Edit: Can someone tell me where to find that specific file? I can't seem to find it >.<
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The logfiles say it's in ./config/skillstr, but I'm afraid that like many files the internal data is actually embedded in another file with a different name by the time the patch finishes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    No wonder I can't find it then. >.< Sorry I tried to help you. b:surrender
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    koilm wrote: »

I too am stuck again, this time the a33.dds file. I'm afraid only the official manual patch will get us past these files.

As for the official website being slow, I imagine that's because it's on the same type of server configuration as the patch server which is giving us so much trouble. Notice that this forum always works swiftly and flawlessly, which means it's on some other (more compatible) kind of hosting setup.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The main website gets WAY more traffic then the forums do (as in more data, activity per se).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited October 2008
    The main website gets WAY more traffic then the forums do (as in more data, activity per se).

Probably why my uploads work well so far I do not have so many people trying it.
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Finally got through a33.dds and the rest of the patch, by retrying a few more times.

Many, many thanks to Aryannaveno for uploading elements and tasks. I wouldn't have made it without those.

Also thanks to Darthpanda for all your answers to our posts on this issue. It's nice to have someone there who cares about us and speaks to the devs for us.

Suggestion: Since the number of folks affected by this problem is so small, maybe we could be served by an alternate patch server on a cheap hosting company like Canaca that we don't have any problems downloading from. There could be "stickied" instructions on the forums (where only users who have this problem would find them) that tell how to tweak the PW patcher to go to the alternate server. This solution would only cost PWE a few dollars a month for hosting and would fix everything for us. No manual patching required, just a one-time tweak to point the patcher to the alternate patch server.
    edited October 2008
    You are quite welcome. Considering that a close personal friend of mine always has the same problem every week with the new patches (She is from New Zealand) I am uploading it for her anyway so will try to post a link to her upload more often from now on. I am not always awake when the servers come up as it is quite early for me so it can take a couple hours before I post but I will try to do this every week from now. If it comes to it in the future that this is not allowed we will have to do it through pm's though. :)
  • ddraggy
    ddraggy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for doing this for us, Aryannaveno. After hours of staring at the patcher, it's finally done b:thanks
  • Lnday - Heavens Tear
    Lnday - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have by now been told that the link doesn't seem to work anymore so here it is again I will also upload the element.data in a couple minutes.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c4f86c/n/tasks_data

Edit: Just uploaded the elements.data Hope that helps a bit.

Hi Hello, Aryannaveno i need your help ill try this link but its not working pls help me un install my PWI client and start over it and try all the staff and try to follow your instraction but i got stock on this link.pls help me thank you.
    edited October 2008
    It works for me. o.o Just checked the link it is working.
  • Lnday - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    tasks​.data

Size: 30.79 MB
    Description: No description

thats all i can seeb:sad
    edited October 2008
    It should be below it.

There are two different options to download it just scroll down the page.
  • Lnday - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    It should be below it.

There are two different options to download it just scroll down the page.

hi i see now its tricky^^ but the thing is i reinstall my PWI client and they say delet all the data file so i did that then now im downloading all this file its that correct???again thank you for your help>,<
    edited October 2008
    After you got my download delete the old tasks.data and element.data and just put the new and already patched file in it's place.
  • Lnday - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    After you got my download delete the old tasks.data and element.data and just put the new and already patched file in it's place.

i more pls where should i put the element that i download it same at the data folder?
    edited October 2008
    The element.data is in the same folder. Though the manuel patch is now up just try that instead. :)

http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client
  • Lnday - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    The element.data is in the same folder. Though the manuel patch is now up just try that instead. :)

http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client

b:chuckle im almost thanb:chuckle if they didnt work ill go there.i let you know.thank you again.syd
    edited October 2008
    No problem. :)
  • clement
    clement Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    do you have the link where i can download this file(iconlist_guild.dds)? cuz it was acting like the tasks.data and the elements.data when i updated it in the patcher
    edited October 2008
    No most of the other files are incooperated into other files after the patch so that file in that form doesn't exist for me anymore. But normally now that the manuel patch is live here on the forums that should fix it for you. :)

http://perfectworld.com/download/client

Just scroll down on that page you will see the manuel patch there.
  • clement
    edited October 2008
    i cant download the patch 16-18 cuz the download always speed decreases to 0 kbps.so what else can i do about it?
    edited October 2008
    1. What ISP do you have?
    2. Where are you located?
    3. What type of modem do you have? DHCP, DSL, Dial-Up, etc.
    4. What type of connection protocol does your modem use? DHCP, PPPoE, Static IP, PPP, etc.
    5. What is your bandwidth (both download and upload speed)? You can test your bandwidth at: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
    6. Please perform a traceroute to pwipatch.perfectworld.com (please supply a screenshot)
    a. tracert pwipatch.perfectworld.com
    7. Please ping pwipatch.perfectworld.com (please supply a screenshot)
  • clement
    edited October 2008
    speed:746kbps
    i got dsl
This discussion has been closed.