Sage vs. Demon

daydragon
daydragon Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Wizard
ok how do you tell, what path you're going Sage or Demon ? is it a skill path you take to make the difference ? Is it something you do at a higher level?

If it's a skill path, what path for what style Earth, Fire, Water ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Scrydan - Heavens Tear
    Scrydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The Sage/Demon modes are lvl11 Techniques. I think it's lvl89 Cultivation quest.
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm going to go demon ^^
  • Scrydan - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Sage is vastly superior in most skills. 'Cept for archer I think.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Most archers go Sage. All Warriors go Sage. Most wizards go Demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Most archers go Sage. All Warriors go Sage. Most wizards go Demon.

Actually, it's a tossup for Wizards...

TW Wizards go Sage because more vigor = more power.
    PK Wizards go Demon because of the awesome skill effects.

... In my opinion, I'd prefer to be great at TW and go second in PK, and use Sage. It's still an effective PK type, just more TW-oriented.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
    edited October 2008
    yea... I just changed my mind... I might go sage... damnit I just cant decide... owel... its still far away till I need to choose nyway XD
  • Sherekahn - Lost City
    Sherekahn - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    mage should go demon imo.... not that i have experience with it... but demon is sposed to be more offensive while sage is defense right?

not to mention the red fairy with demon totally owns the sissy white one >_>
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Assuming the ecatomb site is correct for sage/demon benefits,
    IMHO, the following skills are better on the Sage side:
    Divine Pyrogram, Emberstorm, All masteries (assuming demon fire mastery only grants crits to fire spells), Gush, Glacial Snare, Black Ice Dragon Strike, Sandstorm, Force of Will, Distance Shrink

Still IMHO, the following are better on the Demon side:
    Pyrogram, All shields, Will of the Phoenix, Blade Tempest, Morning Dew, Frostblade, Pitfall, Mountain's Sieze,.

All other skills are just about even in my book; meaning both sides have really good uses or the skills just plain suck.
    edited October 2008
    The more I look at it... it seems like demon would be better for light armor build based on getting lots of high dmg crits, where as sage is better for just maxing all dmg... not so much focusing on crit's but rather raising base dmg... just my take. :\

Both sides have things I want..... maybe I should be a demon sage XD
  • Scrydan - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Demons should be both! Demon + Sage = De mage! WIN :>
    edited October 2008
    0.o that was impressive in a way.b:chuckle
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    so wat is better for a pure mage if i want to deal huge damage for quick kills demon or sage and also i have heard there is a heaven and hell realms if there is wat would be better
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • hebron
    hebron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ok so I looked at the skill trees for Demon vs Sage and quite frankly for all the individual attacks spells overall Demon pwns Sage. However there is 1 specific spell where it seems that Sage outright owns Demon for all spells as long as you have it.

Wellspring Quaff

+100% magic attack on the spell?.......broken.

A new faction recruit from another server who has a 96 wiz stated that Demon is the 100% choice but this kinda leans me towards Sage. I was wondering if anyone could offer some counterbalancing arguments as I would like as much perspective as possible. Another argument could be from the masteries skills as well but the difference is not as comparable.
  • fluwerbas
    fluwerbas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Sage wizard is more PVE oriented while Demon wizard is more PK oriented. Here is a break down of basically what each thing gives ya.
    Demon:
    Faster Casting Time*.(leading to higher DPS)
    Higher Critical Rate.
    More Chances to paralyze.
    More stuns.*
    More physical Defense.*
    and Bigger AOE with phoenix and Mountain's Seize.
    Zhen skill( The Dragon's Breath) will heal you sometimes making you save more charms b:thanks
    Sage:
    Way higher damage, making higher spikes(no necessarily higher DPS than DEMON because of slower casting).*
    Higher elemental resistances.*
    Much Better vigor management, 50 free vigor per min, and most two vigor skills have chance to consume less vigor or no vigor at all.*
    De buff effect added to some skills.
    Gush slows enemies more and for longer
    AOE seal.
    30% More chances to critical after using the Water Black Dragon skill for 10 seconds.(this is a lot)
    Chance to stun when zhening.

So That's basically it broken down, now I wonder WHY everyone always says that Sage is for more defense and Demon for more damage when most of the times and for most of the classes it isn't like that. I think It'd be more wise to say that demon is more PVP/PK oriented while heaven is more PVE oriented for most classes not only wizard.
  • OriciAlyssa - Heavens Tear
    OriciAlyssa - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for your response fluwerbas. Now as far as skills go, I've heard there are some skills that are exclusive to Demon and some for Sage. Is that true and if so which ones are demon and which ones are sage?
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There's only one exclusive skill and its the special fury skill each one gets. Heaven can use an instant cast spell once a minute for 50 vigor and hell can use a skill every 30 seconds to make someone lose 50 vigor.

Hell does have better skill effects but the main reason why any mage would go heaven is for the free vigor. Mages can be pretty hard to play unless they have plenty of vigor and heaven is definitely the route to take if you want that.

I would also hardly say heaven is for PvE because fury is what you need the most in PvP and how else to get it quick other than heaven.
    edited November 2008
    what exactly do the heaven & demon skills do? Or their names, I can look them up on ecatomb.
  • Aubedawn - Sanctuary
    Aubedawn - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Why would most mages go demon...Sage seems alot more effective to me
    edited November 2008
    I could see some advantages, for instance the bonus' to Demon spells are all innate whereas Sage spells depends on having wellspring up (pretty much). So basically you can remove the main reason for sage with tearing off a 1 spark to cast spell.

Personally I'm leaning towards sage.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    *yawns and shaking head in negative way*
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ark wrote: »
    TW Wizards go Sage because more vigor = more power.
    PK Wizards go Demon because of the awesome skill effects.

Agreed but then again if you can afford having a tons of vigor pots the cooldown not being that huge you can actually be really effective still in TW being a HELL MG.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If your not gonna lvl to 99-100 i say go demon. Holy/sage need 99 skills to be really powerful. And i dunno if/when those skills will be avaliable in this version. On My-En you still cant get any 99 skills like fire/earth/water masterys etc. Or blasting point uppgrade with aoe and all that hot stuff you want as holy mage. And i doubt we will see a lvl 99 holy mage with full set of skill books on this server.

And since most players tend to stop lvl at 90+ demon has alot better skills 89-95. Thats the skill books that actually can be farmed in fb89/99 and those are better all around for demon. Like earth shield uppgrade from fb99, hail storm can paralyse target, rock fall adds stun etc. While the 89-90+ skill for holy are kinda lame imo. Only good thing for sage until lvl 99 is the vigor skill really.

But if youre going for lvl 100 and if the skills for lvl 99 will be availabe here, sage wizards does more dmg than demon wizard. Is more powerfull in TW. Full int holy mage with 25% dmg from skill masterys is just 1 crazy nuker. But sage will always be weaker in pvp 1v1 than demon since they lack skills that can controll target. Demon is better for solo pk cuz of the stun and crit and paralyze. For all casual players i say go demon. If you wanna xcore to lvl 100 you might wanna consider going sage.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    And i doubt we will see a lvl 99 holy mage with full set of skill books on this server.

That hurt my feelings, you apparently have no faith in me.b:cry
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    loool haiz u said u wudnt go demonz!!11 noooeeezzzzzzz
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • yew101
    yew101 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wat should i do for a tnker barb
  • PenutButer - Dreamweaver
    PenutButer - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yew101 wrote: »

all of the pro barbs go sage (jk >.>)

I have faith in you Haiz :D!
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If your not gonna lvl to 99-100 i say go demon. Holy/sage need 99 skills to be really powerful. And i dunno if/when those skills will be avaliable in this version. On My-En you still cant get any 99 skills like fire/earth/water masterys etc. Or blasting point uppgrade with aoe and all that hot stuff you want as holy mage. And i doubt we will see a lvl 99 holy mage with full set of skill books on this server.

And since most players tend to stop lvl at 90+ demon has alot better skills 89-95. Thats the skill books that actually can be farmed in fb89/99 and those are better all around for demon. Like earth shield uppgrade from fb99, hail storm can paralyse target, rock fall adds stun etc. While the 89-90+ skill for holy are kinda lame imo. Only good thing for sage until lvl 99 is the vigor skill really.

But if youre going for lvl 100 and if the skills for lvl 99 will be availabe here, sage wizards does more dmg than demon wizard. Is more powerfull in TW. Full int holy mage with 25% dmg from skill masterys is just 1 crazy nuker. But sage will always be weaker in pvp 1v1 than demon since they lack skills that can controll target. Demon is better for solo pk cuz of the stun and crit and paralyze. For all casual players i say go demon. If you wanna xcore to lvl 100 you might wanna consider going sage.

in pw my dont work the beehive? cause i got with that all my sage ultis in pw ms.
    i agree with most of thing exclude only vigor skill usefull to sage till 99, in that u have right maybe most of skill bonus effect maybe a bit less effective than demon but example i love the pyrogram for chi cause sometimes help and few skill still have ok addon like faster rockfall.

(but i think lv92 skills are enough ok: masteries, distance shrink,phoenix,frostblade buff[cause its give nice chi at lv11 not cause buff effect] etc)

mainly i learn all skill from fb89/99 and the lv92 skills is the higher dmg or few skill give more chi or use less chi.
  • Xarathos - Harshlands
    Xarathos - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yew101 wrote: »

sage/demon bowbarian
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    in pw my dont work the beehive? cause i got with that all my sage ultis in pw ms.
    i agree with most of thing exclude only vigor skill usefull to sage till 99, in that u have right maybe most of skill bonus effect maybe a bit less effective than demon but example i love the pyrogram for chi cause sometimes help and few skill still have ok addon like faster rockfall.

(but i think lv92 skills are enough ok: masteries, distance shrink,phoenix,frostblade buff[cause its give nice chi at lv11 not cause buff effect] etc)

mainly i learn all skill from fb89/99 and the lv92 skills is the higher dmg or few skill give more chi or use less chi.

take a look at the date before you make a fool of yourself
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    sage ftw!!!!
This discussion has been closed.