Release the manual patch already!

Nevermore - Heavens Tear
Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
The auto patching is not working and probably won't (3 hours of trying makes me a bit pessimistic), so please upload the manual patch.

Or someone upload the task.data as this seems where most of us are stuck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nevermore - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:worried just left it running an fell asleep for two hours, spent last two hours trying too patch.Can we please have a manual update this is very frustrating
  • diabolique
    diabolique Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When will you upload manual patch (if is not a secret) ? b:surrender
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Can someone please upload the new taskdata if they got the patch to actually work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Currently working on it will post as soon as the upload finishes.
    edited October 2008
    Currently working on it will post as soon as the upload finishes.

I'd make a male char on Sanc just to marry you for helping b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starsnight
    starsnight Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    many thanks in advance :D
    edited October 2008
    tasks.data

Hope that helps just finished it.
  • starsnight
    starsnight Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    it works! -worships- thank youu
    edited October 2008
    Worked like a charm, THANK YOU!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    No worshipping or marrying for that matter necessary was glad to be able to help you guys. :)
    edited October 2008
    Might sound like a complete little newbie, but where do I put the task data? xD

Programs-->Program Files -->Perfect World International-->Element-->data

In there delete the old tasks.data and put the new version in.
  • cyanr
    cyanr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    WOW! THANKS! XD

Finally, I can play LOL!
    Human intelligence, personifies human incompetence.
    Inarguably, pessimistic, lost caged instinct euphoria.
    Thee who see without knowing, the vague sentence.
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i just had my patcher try and retry for 5 (!) hours before both the files finally patched... this is just really frustrating b:angry
    edited October 2008
    If I am and I do mean IF I am awake next week when the next patch comes I will try to post the file here sooner as long as I don't get in trouble for it anyway. Though it would be a good idea to get one of your friends who have done it to stand in. I am a notorious deep and long sleeper. XD
  • schexie
    schexie Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Every time sth new to patch u need to spend 1-10 hrs of patching people payin for that **** ??
    do sth

thats so annoying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u could just update the manual patch Oh my goodness!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:angryb:angryb:angryb:
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have no trouble downloading from sites hosted on cheapo ISPs like ICD Host and Canaca, or playing games on a server my friend hosts on his PC using a cable modem connection. Are they all really doing something so complicated?

If so, then please at least make the automatic and manual patches available simultaneously. I have a simple solution for PWE's claim that they can't do this because the manual patch takes time to put together and test: Don't release the automatic patch until the manual patch is ready.
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have the patch from the automatic patcher but my roommate can't get it. If I want to send her the files so she can patch it that way what exactly do I send? Would the elements.dat (she gets stuck there) and the tasks.dat (since everyone else seems to get stuck there she likely will as well) be enough? If there are still problems what else should I try sending her?

Thanks! And I agree with the above poster; PWE should release the automatic and manual patches at the same time. This is just ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
    edited October 2008
    tasks.data and element.data seems to do the trick for most people. Anyway just try it if it doesn't work and your roommate is stuck somewhere else give her the next file he/she is stuck at. Anyway has your roomamate tried the manuel patch yet? It is up now so should be the faster way.
  • lil2pac
    lil2pac Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Anyone got the elements.data am always stuck at this one.
    edited October 2008

Says they have uploaded the manuel patch 18 but they actually didn't. -.- Was just about to post a link to it when I saw that. >.> Going to upload tasks.data and element.data now.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ok, Let me try to sum this up for all of you who are having trouble.

I apologize. Keep trying to auto-patch. Exit the game if it hangs after 5 mins. Restart the game and Resume download. You may need to do this a multiple times.

I can tell you for sure that holding up the auto-patch until a manual patch is ready will NEVER happen. The auto-patcher works for 99% of our players. The patching process is on a schedule for Monday maintenance. Organizing everyone across two continents, two offices, and testing the auto patch a week in advance is resource intensive for us. That is the main priority, and some of PWE loses sleep over it each week.

One reason we do get a manual patch at all is because some of us here at PWE (pick me, pick me!) bug multiple people to have one. Repeatedly. It is a lot of work to have done for several handfuls of users (on average give or take) a week. But, we want everyone to be able to enjoy PWI as much as possible, so we try to squeeze out the kinks the patching process may have for some of you.

Each week, the patching issues are less and less (and we get more and more thank yous!) as people figure out their networking issues, and any bugs in the patch servers get fixed.

This is an open beta, and with the tons of players we have enjoying the game and the issues that can crop up, we can't please everyone 100% of the time. We're trying, but it is hard to do.

I ask for your respect, patience, tact, understanding in this matter.

Please be nice to members of our community, and be nice to those who are working hard so you can have a nice place to role play!!

As of 3:18pm California time, there is NOT a manual patch to game version 18 yet. When there is, it'll be here: http://perfectworld.com/download/client
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Harlequinn - Lost City
    Harlequinn - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The auto-patcher works for 99% of our players.

Why do I doubt this? There are always tons of messages and complaints on the forums, and I doubt that's only 99% of the population. And I'm sure there are plenty of people who silently wait for the manual patch.

I don't want to be rude or anything, but I wish this problem would be fixed. Not this "It's your firewall" excuse, because my firewall is turned completely off and I still have this problem.

I wouldn't mind this if the manual patch came out the exact time as the other patch. Why not wait to release the main patch until the manual is available? That way people like me and all the others having this issue don't have to wait here, twidling out thumbs while we can't play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That 99% figure is actually not exact, it is lower then that (as in 0.5-0.7%), but I was rounding up.

If you add up all of our emails for tech support regarding this issue, and the forum posts, and the PMs, we have a very high percentage of people we are helping users with their setups.

Networking on Vista is like paper, rock, scissors.

Getting communication to work accurately between computers across the globe, countries, and ISPs (some of which don't play nice with game data packets) is not an easy matter.

Millions of variables and system configs. Thousands of networking variables.

I understand your feelings in regard to the patching issues some of you are having, but please do not keep discussing what we should or should not do when we have stated our case about the issues.

We try to keep feelings and opinion type discussions out of the Tech Support Zone. If we aren't asking for help, or helping someone, then the conversation belongs elsewhere.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.