PWI Questions & Answers FAQ

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    djusg wrote: »
    Hi, where is the server located?

California.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ephinyus76
    ephinyus76 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So is closed beta offically over? Cuz I can't seem to login. I thought it would end Sept 2nd at 10am PDT, but it's only Sept 1st here.
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ephinyus76 wrote: »
    So is closed beta offically over? Cuz I can't seem to login. I thought it would end Sept 2nd at 10am PDT, but it's only Sept 1st here.

Well, I'm not sure why you can't log in, but closed beta is still going on right now though.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • kingofking
    kingofking Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    does any1 kno if ant server is available cause it's 5:56 Pm but the server still not visible and not able to log is it just me ?
  • ukarcher
    ukarcher Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi so when i was watching the video and looking at the classes it only showed the male as barbarian and female as the venom person so my question is can you be a barbarian and taim pets or be a male venom guy??????????????????????????::):D:p
  • shwick
    shwick Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When you say no lollipop characters, to me that means that some character information is stored on the client. Does this mean that if I install PW on another computer, my character will not be what I customized it to be during character creation?

Will cash shop items be tradable in game?
  • shwick
    shwick Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I found an answer to my second question:

Q: Can I trade the items from the item mall to players ingame?
    A: Yes
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=7481
  • ultimusmagus
    ultimusmagus Posts: 33
    edited September 2008
    In answer to your first question shwick, you have 2 days to modify your character, after which it's pretty much set in stone (the char info is saved server-side) unless you use a makeover scroll in game at a Cosmetic NPC. Some players have used the 2 day grace period upon character creation to violate the Terms of Service, modifying the client files beyond what is acceptable using the User Interface. The GMs have already stated that they don't want players to do this, so after reading this explanation my advice to all is not to try this, regardless of how fun you thought it was in another version (all it really did was put your sanity and good sense in question anyhow :P)
  • Nymiro - Heavens Tear
    Nymiro - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When will the DJ/ music channel function be implemented :confused:
  • Nukems - Heavens Tear
    Nukems - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Does China include Hong Kong? Because that would effing suck.
  • ultimusmagus
    ultimusmagus Posts: 33
    edited September 2008
    Does China include Hong Kong? Because that would effing suck.

Why would that suck? China has their own version running. What's wrong with that one?
  • Fiery - Lost City
    Fiery - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Wow PWE thinks their player base are a bunch of idiots.
  • triss
    triss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So when will we get a proper respond on pricing structure?
  • maulik
    maulik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hello guys
    m new to mmo and i really like to know what will happen when Beta testing gets over..
    is this server gonna be pay-to-play..i mean like monthly paying system or is ti gonna be like this free-2-play?
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    maulik wrote: »
    hello guys
    m new to mmo and i really like to know what will happen when Beta testing gets over..
    is this server gonna be pay-to-play..i mean like monthly paying system or is ti gonna be like this free-2-play?

It's going to be free to play, with the option of buying stuff from the item mall.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • maulik
    maulik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hi again there,
    thanks for ur reply dude,
    but have another question
    what is ths PvP and PvE server..pvp=players vs playrs tht i know
    so no pking mode in pve?
    whats the difference between the two..?
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    Tiamat - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    maulik wrote: »
    hi again there,
    thanks for ur reply dude,
    but have another question
    what is ths PvP and PvE server..pvp=players vs playrs tht i know
    so no pking mode in pve?
    whats the difference between the two..?

now this is litle bit old but I answer in case someone else see it

PvP - means you can PK other players PK mean Player Kill of course no one can PK anybody if they under 30 lvl cuz from lvl 1-29 lvls are protected from been PK or to PK you can see easy who is still under 30 by lookin at player name if they Blue named they under 30,

but if you see player white named that means he 30+ lvl and he can do PK again only against players who are also 30+ not under.

also if they red named that also means they 30+ lvl AND that they PK already somebody note that player that gets killed might lose some items from inventory usuly that don't bother but if you have something worth in inventory and you lose it cuz you get PKed you get pissed for sure:D
    only thing I didn't sayed yet about PvP is that only safe place is city for those 30+ lvls thats about all for PvP servers

PvE - now this is little bit diffrent and if you hate to be PKed then this server is for you cuz

A: no matter what lvl you are even 30+ you still protected and can't get PKed means you blue named always and,

B: unless you enter in PK mod that you can click on star button on mini-map (PvP servers don't have this Star Button) that makes you White named player and can be able to kill other players or be killed by other white named players otherwise you can't PK or been killed by other player at

also note this ones you press PK mod you gona STAY in it for 10 hours and I heard if you PK somebody I think you stay LONGER time red named not sure what impact is in this diffrence but thats what I heard

anyway to finish explaning only time you have to fight is in Territorry Wars in fascion that owns some land besides that makes you off the hook to PK or been PKed so if you dislike PK PvE is where you should be but if you like PK then PvP is server for you

PvP = player against player

PvE = player against enviroment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razzl
    razzl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    does pwi gets more server than these 2? ( after the beta )

would pwi available in another language like german ?

thanks
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Quick answer, no one knows for sure.

MAYBE, out in the future.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • snug
    snug Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    About the Gm rules. I believe Jikario has been banned for reasons that were unfair. Infact, No reasons have been presented upon his banning. Of course, After his main character Jikario was banned for foul language, he had no more ill intentions twards the GMs. And Once he was completely banned while innocently playing on his other of three accounts, TheWeasel, He was rather confused. Of course this person is Me. I dont much care for my account but i wish to know if i can bid farewell to my friends, and what would happen to my zen/gold/Silver" I purchased fromthsi website with the intentions to use. If there is anyone who can get a hold of a Gma nd possibly answer Why Jikario was banned, Please do so.
  • whitestuff
    whitestuff Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hi,

I found this website and thought that the idea seemed fantastic. It looks awesome! However, I can't seem to access the game. I've downloaded it correctly (I think), but I cannot see how to start playing. Could you help me please?! I'm VERY new to this!!!

Cheers!
  • kozani
    kozani Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Can you get married on PW?

If so, can you have children in PW?

Thanks Kozani.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kozani wrote: »
    Can you get married on PW?

Yes.For $60 you can.
    If so, can you have children in PW?

No ingame mechanism allows you to have childrens.

But nothing prevent you to RP the thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Kozani - Sanctuary
    Kozani - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    How much of each item do you need for the dragon quest?

Thanks Kozani.
  • Xstarlightx - Sanctuary
    Xstarlightx - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    whats the highest level u can be
    [SIGPIC]xStarLightx Unknown's Guild Owner.[/SIGPIC]
  • xlordzmochizukix
    xlordzmochizukix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    what lvl will venomancers be able to transform into the tigers?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Venomancer don't turn into tiger, barbarians do.

Venomancers can turn into cute foxes at level 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • manntis
    manntis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hi,i'm a lvl.9 archer,and i can't use some skills like "Frost Arrow" coze a message say "Innsuficient Chi" Can some1 tell me what is that,or how can i refill?
    Thx and sorry for bad english x3
  • amidamaro
    amidamaro Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Q : Will there be IP blocks for some countries?
    A : Any country that currently has licensed Perfect World will be blocked. This includes Malaysia, Philippines, China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, and others.

is that mean country like egypt the game will block the egyptian users account
    b:victoryb:victoryPerfectWorld Is The Best Game In The Worldb:victoryb:victory
  • shrimpyelephant
    shrimpyelephant Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi, I'm new to this game, I've heard people say to log in, then click "Create" to make a new character, but I'm lost, can one of you give me a simple instructional answer? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.