Monster "Attack After Death" Bug

Options
Typhoon - Lost City
Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
I know this has been brought up before, but oh my God I am shocked that this is still an existing problem in game. This screws so many players over, especially the squishy ranged classes where that extra hit goes a freakin' long way. I can't recall ever losing so much EXP in a game due to one single bug that has been neglected like this one. This needs to be put on top of your priority lists - not new cash shop items, not more cash shop deals, PLEASE get out of the "MONEY, MONEY, MONEY" mindset for a friggin day and address the obvious and unacceptable glitches in the game such as this. Thanks!
Post edited by Typhoon - Lost City on

Comments

• Hatero - Heavens Tear
    Hatero - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Im totally with you on this one, even though i thought it was my internet connection. Gets quite annoying when you get that message 'HP is running low' and after you dealt the last hit on the mob it kills you b:angry
  • Sinkphase - Lost City
    Sinkphase - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    that's a bug? i thought it was supposed to be like the final death throughs of the monster. Annoying but something you deal with. Dose it happen in the other versions?
  • Hatero - Heavens Tear
    Hatero - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Im not sure as i played a ranger in MY-EN and was killing things before they reached me, but now that im playing a wizard and things get a little bit closer before i can finish them off, so.....not sure if its a bug or not. Annoying nonetheless.
  • jeffgarcia
    jeffgarcia Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think it is intentional and you just have to live with it. You have to plan for it.
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    that's a bug? i thought it was supposed to be like the final death throughs of the monster. Annoying but something you deal with. Dose it happen in the other versions?

Agreed, it's so blatantly obvious it must be intentional. I think it's the devs' idea of fair play. After all, you get a free hit when you start combat, and another free hit while the monster runs toward you (assuming you have ranged attacks). The poor critter should at least get one free hit as it dies.

I used to think this was caused by lag back when I played on the Malaysian English version. But here I have negligible lag, so it's clearly built into the game.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    Options
    This is an intentional aspect of the game and not a bug.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• imaginos
    imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah, I hate that oh-wait-it-gets-one-more-attack garbage too. b:angry Given the frequency with which it seems to become an issue, it almost seems like a "wait, we haven't ticked your hp hiero yet!" scam.
This discussion has been closed.