Mana Problems

Options
Wacky - Heavens Tear
Wacky - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
When out questing, I am always running low on mana and consuming mana pots like crazy. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I put more points into magic? It's currently only at 5. I quest in tiger form and use flesh ream and alacrity of the beast skills.
Post edited by Wacky - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• wolfy142
    wolfy142 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    When out questing, I am always running low on mana and consuming mana pots like crazy. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I put more points into magic? It's currently only at 5. I quest in tiger form and use flesh ream and alacrity of the beast skills.
    first, NO

go to tiger form if you dont want to use hp hiero's -.-" and want to tank the best

as an open beta player at en-my i got better experience -.-""

Tank build:

2vit 3str every even lvl (2 4 6 8 10 and so on)

2vit 2str 1dex every odd lvl (1 3 5 7 9 11 and so on)

and to make it easier for the **** ones..... 4vit 5str 1dex every 2 lvls -.-"

as for not wasting mana.... MANA charm is the way to go... also go only TIGER FORM it doesnt consume attac k skills to much but using stuns all day ;)

also as for stupid poeple who still ask these questions... this game is PAY 2 WIN, and PAY 2 HAVE-FUN
  • Molaba - Heavens Tear
    Molaba - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I am a barbarian and i havent experienced running low on mana, probadly cus i have trained several magic point lol
    The not so perfect world :o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok I'm no expert but my understanding is that for grinding you use your "human form" and for tanking you use your tiger form.
    So far that way has worked for me, being selective and not wasting skill points.
    If you were to do your questing and grinding in tiger form, it would take at least 20% longer it seems, or more, because you suffer at least a 20% attack reduction in tiger form. And you really don't need all that extra defense that tiger form gives, when you are grinding.
    Just my opinion.
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Moander - Heavens Tear
    Moander - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    wolfy142 wrote: »

also as for stupid poeple who still ask these questions... this game is PAY 2 WIN, and PAY 2 HAVE-FUN

Nice that you replied.... THIS ^ is Epic Fail.....
  • Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear
    Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Usually 1 potion lasts a bit of ways for me as my max MP isn't very high. I'm also pretty patient so I don't mind meditating while grabbing a drink or food, watch TV, or whatever.
  • marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The one true answer to your problem is

MP Charm.

thats basically it, you waste 5 times the amount of gold buying pots. I've done the math, its not really hard and pretty obvious you save a TON of money using a silver MP charm. Yes getting the 1st one is hard at low levels since it always costs roughly 250k (or $2.50), but after you get your first one that you will save you tons of gold for future ones.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Or you can find a single +MP recovery piece of clothing. Just +2 points of MP regeneration made a heck of a lot of difference on my Barbarian's downtime from 26-32 : It's enough to make your mana bar fill at roughly the same rate as a fully Feral Regenerated and Vitality buffed Barbarian health bar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    OK I'm thick.....b:laugh

But whats a Mana Charm? Is it something I can buy / manufacture from the craftsman or apothecary?

Any particular items that boost MP regen rate. I think my total MP is fine its just the regen rate thats too sssssssssssllllllllllloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww! b:chuckle
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Meat__shield - Heavens Tear
    Meat__shield - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    ok here is what I do ..I use mana regen pot that are easy to make and take alot less $ then buying Mp charms
  • moymoy
    moymoy Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    uhmm... dont put any mags... just use mana pots... thats the best way to do it... u dont need mp charms anymore.... its not worth it... BTW r u hybrid build/???
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    a mana charm is a thing that heals all ur mp when ur mp gets down to 75% u can buy it in the cash shop and the are 3 types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xental
    xental Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    100 MP Pots last a long time for me (lvl 20 ones) since i am only level 29 at the moment.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    For me, mana was an issue till around level 35, and that's with pots and focus powders. I still use both, but the last 20+ levels for me have been much easier as far as mana goes. A big plus to having a smaller mana pool is you can continue to use condensed mana potions, and they will fill you up quick. Again, focus powders are also very awesome as they provide just enough regen to cover most of your skill spamming; you rarely see your mana go down past 4/5 of the way each kill, and regen the rest between kills. It's awesome.

If you didn't know, your meditation doubles your recovery rate - including the increased amount that pots give you. In other words, if the pot says it heals for 10/sec, in meditation it will heal 20/sec. So a quick meditate, then hit your pot, and you get double what it says. 10 second downtime, and you fill your bar with one pot - less if you have focus powders running, as well.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Firstly, do NOT put any points into magic. Getting focus powders is a great way to save money. Also, when grinding I only used 2 skills at the lower levels, spark eruption and beastial something (the skill that gives you 5 chi per attack taken). This saves you a lot of money and, I found that attacking with spark eruption kills faster than killing with skills (if you do want to use skills, dont grind with flesh ream, its not meant for DDing).

Also, meditation is your second BFF, first being crazy stone.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • BubbaRay - Lost City
    BubbaRay - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    wolfy142 wrote: »

Tank build:

2vit 3str every even lvl (2 4 6 8 10 and so on)

2vit 2str 1dex every odd lvl (1 3 5 7 9 11 and so on)

and to make it easier for the **** ones..... 4vit 5str 1dex every 2 lvls -.-"

Umm, I think you are mistaken here wolfy. You need at least 3 STR each level to use your current level Axe/Hammer.

Barbs commonly go: 6 STR / 1 DEX / 3 VIT every two levels.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Sorry BubbaRay, but wolfy isn't mistaken. however, neither are you. Actually, the amount of str depends on wether you prefer axes, or hammers. Some barbs go for axes, which are more unpredictable than hammers (higher max damage, but lower min damage) but need lesser str, leaving more for vit. (but your phys resistance will also be less) So, an easier way to allocate your points is to put the necessary points in str (and dex, but that's almost equal) for the weapon of your choise, and put the rest into vit.

To link this to the original question: If you will put into mag, this will be taken out of your vit, since you're indirectly guided in str and dex by your equipment requirements. So, less vit means less hp, and means you're not a good tank (at least not as good as a barb that hasn't spend any points in mag)

Believe me, I know. Since I had the same problem and experimented with mag points, but 2/3 levels later I had to grind a long time to get enough coins for a reset noteb :chuckle
    Mag points will get you some more mp, but the difference in the regeneration of the mp is hardly noticeable. MP pots work way better. And if you take them while meditating, you won't be buying any, since the drops will be enough.

Ohh, and one last piece of advice: If you really want to get through the quests faster, just find a partner. Working in a 2 man squad really fastens things up, especially if you work with an archer or a mage.
  • BubbaRay - Lost City
    BubbaRay - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What Hammer/Dual Dammer only requires 250ish STR at end game? Everything I know of uses 300ish STR at end game.
  • Cyrak - Lost City
    Cyrak - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Going 3STR/lvl also allows you to use either hammers or axes in the lower levels, since at certain levels one might be better than the other (if u can use the next lvl axe weapon but are still too low lvl to use the next lvl hammer weapon), also allows slightly more flexibility in being able to use what you find/trade. I'm still low level myself, but in lower levels I used mostly the quest reward items until I got my fb19 weapon, which lasted me until mid 30s, YMMV.
  • General_Tso - Sanctuary
    General_Tso - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

We are the same level. This is really my first character, so I really don't have the coin to drop on a mana charm either.What has worked for me so far....first, before i go out i make sure to have several life powders....if not i start my day in PW collecting nectar and golden herbs (?) to make em. With the life powder ticking i never have to even think about my health on single mobs, if things get out of hand i have a health pot and chaos powder to back me up. With these three things i never really worry about health at all.

Now onto the mana part. I am level 23 and grinding on the 23-24 werewolves, ursogs and wolves. I am doing this in human form (only problem with this is that it has left me spirit starved for my tiger tanking skills), I start off with the bleed skill, then hit em with a rend armor then either mighty swing or another rend armor depending on the mobs health. At this point the mob should be around 1/2 health with the bleed ticking, so i just let my auto attacks and the bleed finish him off.Like this i'm killing at about the same rate,maybe a lil slower than some,and have to drink a concentrated mana pot about every 4 mobs or so. If I am falling a lil behind the other classes around me in killing time I more than make up for it with 0 downtime and get my quest done before them.

I am far from an expert at this class but this is what is working for me now at our level. Hope it helps.

P.S. I have a cleric that is 22 also.....now there is a mana problem, one pot per mob and my cleric still doesn't keep a full mana bar when grinding. A full stack of pots and about 25ish mobs later i will have to meditate, and it takes forever even meditating to regen his mana bar. That's one reason i decided to stick with barb as my main....and will come back to my cleric when I can afford him.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well, I don't really have a rule for attributing my points. Like I said, I use the weapons requirements as a guideline. I use mostly axes, and I should be somewhere close to 6str,3vit,1dex every two levels. I believe I'm at 94str,54vit,20dex (however this includes some str and vit points from equipment) at lvl31.
    I usually take the dual axes' requierments, and the lvl I can use them, and then spread my points over lvl's I still have to go. This way I can always use the latest heavy armor, and I don't have to use any advanced mathematics b:laugh
  • Stressss - Sanctuary
    Stressss - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Or you use mana shards there a big help.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Necro b:shocked
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not only is this a necro but also...
    Or you use mana shards there a big help.

No. Just... no. b:sweat