What's so great about archers?

Options
Knightstalkr - Heavens Tear
Knightstalkr - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Archer
I have made an archer and was very excited about it but when I played him I found the combat to be very bland and repetitive so I found myself longing to be a cleric instead. So I ask this: What's so great about being an archer? (I do admit that I only did the first questb:surrender)
For every problem, a solution, in time, shall present itself
Post edited by Knightstalkr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• krasnansky
    krasnansky Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The positive side of become an archer is having the ability to hit 1000+ damage critical hits off your normal shots at lvl 30 woot woot archers 4 da win!
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    krasnansky wrote: »
    The positive side of become an archer is having the ability to hit 1000+ damage critical hits off your normal shots at lvl 30 woot woot archers 4 da win!

only 1k? lately i been getting 27xx crits lol but yea like he said :p Archers hit Hard and gets the "job" done quicker..

b:victory
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raidou - Sanctuary
    Raidou - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Every Race & Class Has Their Weaknesses & Strengths, But In Every Game I've Played Archers Just Stomped The Yard b:avoid

Besides Doing Critical Hits, And Having Great Defense, And All, The Archers Have Always Been The Survivors Of The Land. Striking From A Distance, And Never Backing Down b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its The Choices We Make, That Determine The Outcome Of Our Future
  • iszler
    iszler Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    THEY FLY lol
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Every Race & Class Has Their Weaknesses & Strengths, But In Every Game I've Played Archers Just Stomped The Yard b:avoid

Besides Doing Critical Hits, And Having Great Defense, And All, The Archers Have Always Been The Survivors Of The Land. Striking From A Distance, And Never Backing Down b:sin

Archers have like..the WORST DEFENSE of all classes in the game o.O

The pros of an archer:

- Massive dmg, I do 15k crits at my lvl
    - You kill half the mobs before they reach you (85% at my lvl)
    - The damage, enough said
    - At lvl 60 you get an AoE attack, if you got the cash/coins you can join AoE parties - that's the point were archers become the fastest lvling class in the game (they're 2nd fasted until lvl 60 behind venos)

I'm sure I forgot some stuff there^^
    But yes, how you can judge the archer class after just doing one quest is beyond me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loe - Heavens Tear
    Loe - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Archers have like..the WORST DEFENSE of all classes in the game o.O
    That's true if you're pure dexterity. Still I would say mages and clerics have it worse when it comes to physical defence. But I have put a few spare points into Vitality which helps my survivability. And if you throw up Winged Shell that'll absorb a lot of damage.
    The Archers Have Always Been The Survivors Of The Land. Striking From A Distance, And Never Backing Down
    This will be my motto from now on ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I have made an archer and was very excited about it but when I played him I found the combat to be very bland and repetitive so I found myself longing to be a cleric instead. So I ask this: What's so great about being an archer? (I do admit that I only did the first questb:surrender)

If you play archer, you play for the damage. Clerics might be able to out damage archers in the very beginning with plume shot. But that quickly changes around lvl 10.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I like archer because it is a very flexible class and has the most range. Also a cleric is not even close to as fun in grining or pk. Grinding most clerics are: plume arrow, cyclone, repeat till dead.. In FB's and HH it may seem for fun but have fun empting mana heiros healing the tank while the archer is semi afk damage dealing.
  • phase2
    phase2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    That's true if you're pure dexterity. Still I would say mages and clerics have it worse when it comes to physical defence. But I have put a few spare points into Vitality which helps my survivability. And if you throw up Winged Shell that'll absorb a lot of damage.

This will be my motto from now on ^^

Archers do have the worst armour in the game. They aren't strong against anything! they take lots of damage from all types and are 2,3 hit kills from bosses. That being sad... archers to rock my socks!