Game shutdown

glumin
glumin Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
Hello
Sometimes (more often lately) when I play the game quickly shuts down and I get a screen that allows me to "report this bug".

When I log back in I can play for about 1 min-hours but eventually it happens again, alot.
I've tried turning off my firewall but it won't help.

The only problem I can think of is that I use Windows Vista. But neither of the players I've asked who also have Vista are experiencing this problem, and after searching through the forums, I seem to be the only one.

I've also tried reinstalling the game and verifying ALL files. There's nothing wrong with that :o

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by glumin on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Have you tried running the game as Administrator?

Review these Stickies and see if they can help you:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=70202
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • glumin
    edited October 2008
    Have you tried running the game as Administrator?

Review these Stickies and see if they can help you:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=70202

Yes, I've disabled UAC and tried running it as Admin.
    I've also tried rebooting, reinstalling and reseting modem.

I might add that when I first installed it i didn't have this problem. Some days later it happened once or twice. Now it's almost unplayable. It shuts down almost all the time :(
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You're certain that it's happening more often as time goes on? Has it occured in other games?

I'd advise uninstalling and then reinstalling your graphics driver. Do you have much free hard disk space on your computer? If you're running sub-10 gigabytes of free space, clearing off some may help. If the issue persists, look inside the case for any clumps of dust or hair that could be causing heat to build up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Have you installed any other games or software recently?

Has Windows updated recently for you?

Have your firewall/security/antivirus software updated or changed settings recently?

If it worked before, and it doesn't now, you may want to look into what changes have occured to your Windows and drivers recently and try to track it down that way.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • glumin
    edited October 2008
    I've tried all that.

Now it may not necessarily be that I didn't have this problem when I first started playing. When I started playing I didn't play more than 10 minutes per time, so maybe the bug didn't have "time" to occur.

I've tried everything you said to fix this and it's not working.
    I've seen other posts where people are reporting the same thing where they later post that the problem simply vanished, for me it has stayed for weeks now.

None of my firewalls have updated and nothing special has happened to my computer since I got the game.

There must be a solution?
  • glumin
    edited October 2008
    Bugggggg.jpg
  • ash28
    ash28 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hi

i have also been experiencing the same problems with my game. It suddenly stated giving me these problems today where it would shut down and that error message would appear. I have a HP pavillion notebook and windows recently updated the graphics driver so i think that might be the cause of the game malfunction. maybe you should reinstall the graphics driver... i dont know if it is going to work but its worth trying.
  • raggie
    raggie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i'm getting this too, but i think it depends on your location. because i logged onto my account and i errored, but when my friend used his acc on my pc it got in without a problem.
  • Ragazzel - Lost City
    Ragazzel - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    p.s, did any of you buy zen before this happened?
  • Ragazzel - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    srry for so many posts, mines got fixed, i dont know how and y... but all i did was hold a movement key when i was logging in( i got this error everytime i logged in) b:shocked. i think it depends on the location your at, or it could just be a glitch.

p.s, srry agian for all the muiti posting, not sure if muiti posting is a offence thoughb:sad
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What was your character's rough coordinate location?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ragazzel - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    i was north of archosar, in shining tidewood, ontop of a house which was above the old swordmaker npc. thats where i logged out and where the errors began.
  • Meelan - Heavens Tear
    Meelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Lately when I open a shop and go afk for a while i am getting low virtual memory warnings and then the game just shuts down. That seems pretty odd since my character is not moving around when it happens. I've had my son make sure my settings for this are adequate for the game and he says it a problem with the game having memory leaks and there isn't anything i can do on my end to fix this. It was running fine until about almost 2 weeks ago and as time goes on it happens more and more frequently. I even reboot my computer when this happens which also helped at first but now not even that helps. Have you checked into the possibility of a memory leak in the game? The game is also starting to get more and more laggy and not just in the busy main towns but everywhere in the game. Is this problem going to be addressed soon? I sure hope so because game play is getting harder and harder to manage.

Thanks

just making sure tech support sees my post and takes the time to respond to it. thank you
  • glumin
    edited October 2008
    p.s, did any of you buy zen before this happened?

No, no Zen involved.

And I'm playing from Sweden.

It might, however, very well be the graphics drivers. But I recently updated them -before installing the game.

:o
This discussion has been closed.