Is this build really good?

Options
yapoki
yapoki Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
I heard from others in the forum that said this build is really good.

Double Hand Axe
Stats every 2 lvl
5 str 3 con 2 agi
Armour: Heavy
Pros: Small Tank, high dmg AOE
Cons: Low accuracy, slow attk speed
Skills:
Offense
Tiger Strike lvl1 ps. Useless
Short Burst lvl1
Stream Strike lvl 10
Aeolian Strike lvl 10
Dragon Emerge lvl 10 if player want pvp
RockRive Slash lvl 10 if player want pvp
Frantic Draco Slash lvl 10
Cleaving Splash lvl 10
Lion Roar lvl 10
Axe skills all 2 lvl 10
Defense:
Auric Shield Defense lvl 10
Muscle Ameliorate lvl 10
Marrow Ameliorate lvl 10
Diamond Sultra not sure
Others
Cloud Sprint suggest lvl 5 or above
Stroll lvl 1

from azure

But some how it ain't working out for me -.- it's either every time my health goes down or my mp
goes down and i really hate it because I have to meditate after killing 3 monsters? is this build suppose to be like this?
Post edited by yapoki on

Comments

• Yamiki - Lost City
    Yamiki - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Could someone please reply...? I'm lvl 25 by the way =.=
  • Adacanavar - Lost City
    Adacanavar - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think maybe thats common with blademasters if your killing things of equal lvl with you or higher lvl.

Personallyi try and stick to swords axes just don't have the dps i like swords have higher dps imo if you do the math. but usually i have to meditate to get back mp course if your fighting elemental mobs your going to get hurt really bad side effect of the heavy armor. They do elemental damage so maybe try playing around with pvp/pve armor types instead of just going all heavy all the time.
    Whys the rum always gone:eek:
  • shri
    shri Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think you don't even need to buy any other weapon till you reach lvl 30. Quest weapons do their job well =)

About build : per lvl upgrade add 3 str 2 vit, alternate lvl upgrade add 3 str 1 vit and 1 dex

I think it is dual axe build..

For low lvls don't worry much about build. Just take care while adding points.

About MP - it is a common problem to all BMs at low lvls. No answer to it. Use MP pots that you get as drops. Use them when your character is sitting to get extra % MP.
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    shri wrote: »
    I think you don't even need to buy any other weapon till you reach lvl 30. Quest weapons do their job well =)

About build : per lvl upgrade add 3 str 2 vit, alternate lvl upgrade add 3 str 1 vit and 1 dex

I think it is dual axe build..

For low lvls don't worry much about build. Just take care while adding points.

About MP - it is a common problem to all BMs at low lvls. No answer to it. Use MP pots that you get as drops. Use them when your character is sitting to get extra % MP.

Yeah but since now I have followed that build? What am I suppose to do now? I'm lvl 25 and I have to use the cash shop thingi to buy the Restat scroll...? and I'm alright with my mp pots and all it's just that I'm having problem with my hp. After killing 3 or 2 monsters, I already have to heal. It takes me at least 10 to 15 min to finish a quest while others don't.
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Could someone answer my question please?
  • frigid
    frigid Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    To me you dont need to buy the item from the store. Only do that if you want a quick fix to redo you points. Another thing to do is just allocate your points differently to make the change it might take a bit longer to do it this way. For your skills from what I heard eventually you can max all of them at some point in the game just need to pick the ones you feel you need at the time.
  • ak11
    ak11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yes my friend that is they way of a Blademaster
    the build u have only really comes into proper effect in later lvls
    i mean youre only lvl 25 theres like another 75 lvls to go so its common for u to be losing life and mana faster than a bullet
    Anyway thats my opinion.
  • Firefrost - Heavens Tear
    Firefrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ---Dual Axe Build---

every odd level: +3 str/+2 con
    every even level: +3 str/+1 agi/+1 con
    *every 10th level (level 10, 20, 30, etc.): +2 str/+2 agi/+1 con

so for example, you should look like this:

level 1: str - 5, agi - 5, con - 5
    level 2: str - 8, agi - 6, con - 6
    level 3: str - 11, agi - 6, con - 8
    level 4: str - 14, agi - 7, con - 9
    level 5: str - 17, agi - 7, con - 11
    level 6: str - 20, agi - 8, con - 12
    level 7: str - 23, agi - 8, con - 14
    level 8: str - 26, agi - 9, con - 15
    level 9: str - 29, agi - 9, con - 17
    level 10: str - 31, agi - 11, con - 18
    level 20: str - 60, agi - 17, con - 33
    level 30: str - 89, agi - 23, con - 48

maybe not boosting rock rive slash and frantic draco slash and cleave splsah keep spirit for your axes aoe skills, and maybe take on some blade skills too becuz blades pwn on one on one, but axes rules the field in general becuz they can aoe and solo with eternal stun triple skills which is aoelian blade, roar of pride and darco bash o.o if you get specialized in Hell of course. Even though you have low hit rate just get rings of LingYun they increase the dex to a godly amount o.o
    I had to choose between the War or the Shame, I chose the shame and I got the war
    FireFrost
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lol I don't think I'm having a problem with missing because I rarely miss.... Rings Necklaces, etc all adds accuracy and strength for me... The problem with my blademaster is I just hate it when I have to sit down for a while before fighting again. I like to keep on fighting for a long time like.... maybe 8 monsters or 10 then after I have to meditate? Mostly my problem with this build is the Potions and HP.... It's just stressing
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lol I don't think I'm having a problem with missing because I rarely miss.... Rings Necklaces, etc all adds accuracy and strength for me... The problem with my blademaster is I just hate it when I have to sit down for a while before fighting again. I like to keep on fighting for a long time like.... maybe 8 monsters or 10 then after I have to meditate? Mostly my problem with this build is the Potions and HP.... It's just stressing

you should consider manifacturing life powder its really good you can on fighting for 10 mins per life powder non-stop :P. or you could just time your pot use and cooldown, like use the pots at a certain % of hp then etc etc... too complicated, or just get diamond sutra aat lvl 30 :o
    I had to choose between the War or the Shame, I chose the shame and I got the war
    FireFrost
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    you should consider manifacturing life powder its really good you can on fighting for 10 mins per life powder non-stop :P. or you could just time your pot use and cooldown, like use the pots at a certain % of hp then etc etc... too complicated, or just get diamond sutra aat lvl 30 :o

Lol can't wait till lvl 30... too troublesome... About the Life Powder though I would consider it. Do you know how to make it?
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think you need salvia roots and nectar, maybe its ageratum or golden herbs forgot I just pick them up whenever i see them, about 10 -15 of each of them you make 5 life powders per shot at apothecary by clicking manifacturing :O
    FireFrost
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    that's awesome! I want to do that! Maybe then I would be able to kill more than I can
    edited September 2008
    Options
    also buy charms the guardian ones especially or the ones similar to it, it really protect from death :P you can go on as long as the charm last :o. Maybe later on you would like to have chaos powder = recover 2000 hps in 30 secs, but I prefer life powder :O
    FireFrost
  • biggumboots
    biggumboots Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I can relate. But it should pay off eventually. Most people don't party in this game because you are nearly always doing quests but if you want to sit and grind for ages you need to either be a barbairian and have a mage friend or be a mage and have a barbairain friend. In the case of a blademaster you want a cleric friend which would suffer more than you not to have a squad (not as effective as the other combo but still effective). So if you are having problems make a friend base with a number of clerics (which need you remember) and get some help there. Just be prepaired to return the favour.
  • biggumboots
    biggumboots Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    and the life powders are exactly readily avaliable.
  • Adacanavar - Lost City
    Adacanavar - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

That just isnt' going to happen until higher lvl m8 or if you spend alot of time on apothecary item crafting or buy just stupid amounts of potions.
    Whys the rum always gone:eek:
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I can relate. But it should pay off eventually. Most people don't party in this game because you are nearly always doing quests but if you want to sit and grind for ages you need to either be a barbairian and have a mage friend or be a mage and have a barbairain friend. In the case of a blademaster you want a cleric friend which would suffer more than you not to have a squad (not as effective as the other combo but still effective). So if you are having problems make a friend base with a number of clerics (which need you remember) and get some help there. Just be prepaired to return the favour.

TOTALLY RIGHT! for warriors maybe even during quests, call up a mage mate (BECUZ THEY HAVE HEALING SKILLS WOOT! and HIGH DMGING SKILLS WOOT!) or a cleric doing the same quests or just invite on the place, they usually accept and you befriend easily becuz warriors are tankers for them, without us or barbs it's hard for them to survive when there is like 4 monsters trying to gang bang on them xD

That just isnt' going to happen until higher lvl m8 or if you spend alot of time on apothecary item crafting or buy just stupid amounts of potions.

WOOT TOTALLY RIGHT! but even thought lots of monsters (THEY ALL FRIGGIN AGGRO!!!) on you = certain probability of death, becuz your hp pots (OR the manifactured thingies) won't heal as fast as the hits taken. but except that fact yes you'll survive woot!
    FireFrost
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol thanks for all the replies but when I ask some people to party with me... they usually refuse espacially venomancers lol =P they like to keep to themselves all the time...because they have tanks...and What I mean about like staying alive most of the time. Like maybe more than 3 monsters than I need to meditate. Sometimes I need to wait till 2 monsters! I'm now using the spear that the FB19 gave me and it is helping a bit i guess... ok no it isn't but it's way better than the normal axes. I don't like using potions all the time because I would have to just buy more eventually. I can't get every potion from the ground all the time =P I'm saving up my money now for more equips and much more other stuff. I'm lvl 27 now and still coping with everything and all. Though when I do grinding quest like killing a certain amount of monsters or just killing the monsters to get something. My first priority would be to get a party. Though mostly I just do the quest for a while and when I see a mage or a cleric or some other class, I get them to into my party.. (EXCEPT THE VENOMANCERS THEY HATE PARTIES!!!! >.<) So yeah I'm kinda doing alright right now but now ALL I WANT IS THE COOL FLYING SWORD! (Though the speed isn't any different than walking I think...?) So yeah thanks for all the comments!! Keep posting so I can learn more!!! THANK YOU!!! ^_^
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol thanks for all the replies but when I ask some people to party with me... they usually refuse espacially venomancers lol =P they like to keep to themselves all the time...because they have tanks...and What I mean about like staying alive most of the time. Like maybe more than 3 monsters than I need to meditate. Sometimes I need to wait till 2 monsters! I'm now using the spear that the FB19 gave me and it is helping a bit i guess... ok no it isn't but it's way better than the normal axes. I don't like using potions all the time because I would have to just buy more eventually. I can't get every potion from the ground all the time =P I'm saving up my money now for more equips and much more other stuff. I'm lvl 27 now and still coping with everything and all. Though when I do grinding quest like killing a certain amount of monsters or just killing the monsters to get something. My first priority would be to get a party. Though mostly I just do the quest for a while and when I see a mage or a cleric or some other class, I get them to into my party.. (EXCEPT THE VENOMANCERS THEY HATE PARTIES!!!! >.<) So yeah I'm kinda doing alright right now but now ALL I WANT IS THE COOL FLYING SWORD! (Though the speed isn't any different than walking I think...?) So yeah thanks for all the comments!! Keep posting so I can learn more!!! THANK YOU!!! ^_^

what else could we post o.o?
    FireFrost
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    since your a warrior too are u also using dual axes or swords lol?
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i use dual axes, will soon use swords, b ut I plan to quit this game rofl
    FireFrost
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    why dude? This game is kinda boring when you keep on doing quest that invovles grinding yeah but that still doesn't give away the face that flying is still awesome!!! And that you can also buy mounts and all (But I don't buy those since i don't have cash but I plan on buying it with 1 mil if I eventually get it lol) so keep on trying dude....? don't give up!!!
  • robverbee
    robverbee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    for how much can u sell chaos powder at a self maked shop
  • thumper
    thumper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I started with a BM at the beginning of open beta, and the grinding was so bad after lv15 or so, I had to meditate after every kill or 2 unless I cherry-picked weakness or sacrificial mobs to go with a normal mob. Constantly running out of HP and MP. It got to be a real concern, until I went running completely clueless into fb19 alone, aggroed about 4 mobs and got chased out bleeding hp all over. I still don't know how I managed not to get killed. So I'm thinking I can barely handle normal mobs at my own level, what am I going to do with dungeon mobs? I did some more grinding up to lv22, hoping that would help, but didn't yet know what to do in a dungeon, so I decided to sideline the BM and try an attack cleric. The grinding wasn't nearly as bad with that build (especially using life powder), and now I have 'em up to 22 also. As soon as I find out what to do in the dungeon, I'll probably try the BM again. Or maybe not, lol. Sounds like things don't get better for a long time for a BM.