help with ancient boa mount !!! plzz!!!

Options
missinin17
missinin17 Posts: 38 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
i just brought my ancient boa from cash shop for $50 and it does nothing but run. so whats the point of having levels, exp, and feeding it?? who invented this??!!! $50 for something that does nothing and that snake blocks most of ur view on screen lol, and also if u get attacked u need to resummon it and in the process it has 100% drop rate if u die ^^^^^^^ what a rip-off cash item!!!
Post edited by missinin17 on

Comments

• acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    missinin17 wrote: »
    i just brought my ancient boa from cash shop for $50 and it does nothing but run. so whats the point of having levels, exp, and feeding it?? who invented this??!!! $50 for something that does nothing and that snake blocks most of ur view on screen lol, and also if u get attacked u need to resummon it and in the process it has 100% drop rate if u die ^^^^^^^ what a rip-off cash item!!!

?? You thought it could attack players ? or thought it could go underground ?

Im not sure what you thought it could do.... b:puzzled

Its a mount, and it gains lvls when you feed it. So when its lvl 11 :O it will have max speed.
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missinin17
    missinin17 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    acolyte wrote: »
    ?? You thought it could attack players ? or thought it could go underground ?

Im not sure what you thought it could do.... b:puzzled

Its a mount, and it gains lvls when you feed it. So when its lvl 11 :O it will have max speed.

what about the exp of the mount?? how would i gain exp to lvl up the mount if i can't even attack on it??!! lol... feeding it only raise its loyalty lvl not the pet actual lvl.
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    missinin17 wrote: »
    what about the exp of the mount?? how would i gain exp to lvl up the mount if i can't even attack on it??!! lol... feeding it only raise its loyalty lvl not the pet actual lvl.

Before you complain about the mount, i would suggest that you find out how mounts works in this game.

Mounts gain "xp" while you use them, so the more you are on mount :O the more and quicker lvl it gains. That means, you dont need to fight to gain XP for your mount.

b:pleased
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashron
    ashron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    feeding -> more loyality

more loyal mount -> more xp gained and less chance to drop you when attacked

having mount summoned -> mount gaisn xp -> lvls up -> +0.1m/sec speed gained per lvl, up to lvl11
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Suroboru - Heavens Tear
    Suroboru - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i like my snake but, there is a couple pretty major bugs. major like, u shouldnt be allowed to sell it in this state major. :p ill make a new post tho i think
    IGN: Suroboru
    SVR: Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aibmaz - Sanctuary
    Aibmaz - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    so if you die.... you can lose your acient boa?!
    Hmm maybe this means i can get one for free *evil laugh*
  • Truvisionary - Sanctuary
    Truvisionary - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    no. if you die, you fall off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ...Wow.

It doesn't drop when you die (unless its in your regular inventory). It gains exp from you riding it. Feeding gives it loyalty, and loyalty makes it so it doesn't drop you as much when you're attacked by enemies. It's main purpose is to look cool and to get you to a destination faster. I think that about sums it up.

Be sure to read what things actually do before you purchase them... cause it doesn't give you a reason to complain if you didn't. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mshele - Sanctuary
    Mshele - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You spent fifty bucks, for a mount? (wipes tear away)
    Ok, I'm new to PWI but, YOU SPENT FIFTY DOLLARS ON A MOUNT, is this normal here?
  • Truvisionary - Sanctuary
    Truvisionary - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    it's normal for the people who use hundred dollar bills as toilet paper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Just to confirm what some other folks have said in this thread:

Feeding your mount will decrease the chance that you will get knocked off when hit. Feeding your mount will also increase the rate at which it gains EXP.

As your mount gains EXP, it will level up. Each level makes your mount slightly faster.

You cannot drop your mount as long as you have it hatched and equipped. If you have your mount sitting in your regular inventory, unhatched, and go red, then you have a chance to drop it.

Word to the wise, never have items that you will regret losing sitting in your regular inventory. There are banks in most of the towns in-game for a reason, use them. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    LOL yea I looove these kinda ppl.

Its like you buy a expensive mirror from a shop and go back the next day complaining that it doesnt tell the future or show you any visions..
  • Paige - Lost City
    Paige - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol

feeding it it to increese its loyalty, so wen u get atted, u have a less chance of it droping u
    and xp....u lvl it and it goes faster xD lmao

i wish it could att >.<

and yea they need to fix the screen thing it is a lil 2 close... but ul get used to it, u can always sell it and get a panther or polar bear =D
    glad to be back =D
    b:thanks
  • ladyrayllany
    ladyrayllany Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ROFL. . .fifty bucks. . .on a game. . . for a mount. . .and then complain? obviously you had the money to waste so what does it matter what is does really? . . you waste money, you don't read item descriptions before buying. . .so don't complain
  • Mshele - Sanctuary
    Mshele - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok, I was a teensy bit harsh. I'm just a newbie (to this game). I still find it very tough to comprehend blowing fifty dollars on a single item in a game. I understand the company needs to make money or go subscription but, fifty dolloars is alot money. Thier choice. Looks awesome!!
  • cruxios
    cruxios Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I like my mount. It gets me to where I need to go faster.
    I don't care about it dropping me if I get attacked. I just don't want to waste precious resources I could use for other things

Just to clarify, I really don't NEED to feed it, right?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    cruxios wrote: »
    I like my mount. It gets me to where I need to go faster.
    I don't care about it dropping me if I get attacked. I just don't want to waste precious resources I could use for other things

Just to clarify, I really don't NEED to feed it, right?

Correct. It won't leave you or anything like that if you don't feed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brisngr
    brisngr Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    lol

feeding it it to increese its loyalty, so wen u get atted, u have a less chance of it droping u
    and xp....u lvl it and it goes faster xD lmao

i wish it could att >.<

and yea they need to fix the screen thing it is a lil 2 close... but ul get used to it, u can always sell it and get a panther or polar bear =D

theres nothing wrong with the screen you can zoom out using the mouse wheel so that fixes it.:~)
  • LionElJohnsn - Heavens Tear
    LionElJohnsn - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    my ride was 0 loyalty at lvl 11 it was standing for awhile. once its n e 1 know if i needs to be fed anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]