Targetting

tub
tub Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
I don't know about the rest of you playing PW MY or INT, but I for one playing this game have encounter something that is freakin hard for me to do, and that is is targeting a target. There are NO way to go around this targeting when you are grouped and multiple melees are hitting a target making it hard to target the mob. OR, when you have mobs groupped up and you just want to pull one of them.

Could the developer come up with something such as Target of Target's Target? For example.
Tank is tanking/targeting the mob, I can/should see the tank's target by clicking on the tank or specific target. That selected target's icon would come up, and beside it, the target(s) the targeted is tanking/targeting would also appear.

Also customize and defaulting the "TAB" button to be able to 'tab' through nearest target around
the character.

The above would make my life on PW MY and INT a lot easier. It's just one of the many that could improve on.

Thank you,

One of your player.
Post edited by tub on

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There is already an icon called Assist Attack which, when clicked whilst you are targetting a team member, allows you to select their target :). Press E, it is the 4th icon across, two crossed swords.

Hope this helped :).
  • tub
    tub Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There is already an icon called Assist Attack which, when clicked whilst you are targetting a team member, allows you to select their target :). Press E, it is the 4th icon across, two crossed swords.

Hope this helped :).

I played on PW: INT, sever Lost City. The above icon does not work nor does it do anything.
    I was in a TW, clicked a guild memb, hit the button...nothing happen. Sux when only the
    majority of things work and the others are brush under the bushes to be forgotten.
  • Arinoa - Heavens Tear
    Arinoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I do agree, we should have a way to target enemies without clicking on them with the mouse.

The TAB button idea is definatley a must have, really. To the point I can ask: Why is it not already in the game?
  • Rokurion - Heavens Tear
    Rokurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I definitely agree also, I'd love to be able to just hit tab and immediately move on the the next creep without having to look around to see where they are. I have seen many other MMO's where this is a feature avalable and its extensively used or at least it is by everyone I know.
  • rakan1
    rakan1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yes! This game needs the TAB targetting system badly. It also needs a Keyboard bind config...
  • dubstack
    dubstack Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I've been bitchin to myself about this for a couple days.

Make this so!!!
  • Haken - Sanctuary
    Haken - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Have you ever heard of bots?

Even I could write a bot that executes tab+skill+skill and repeat.

Targetting is freaking annoying in this game, yes, but having to rotate the camera sometimes > bots everywhere. Imo...
  • Zolaren - Sanctuary
    Zolaren - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    tub wrote: »
    There are NO way to go around this targeting when you are grouped and multiple melees are hitting a target making it hard to target the mob.

Try shift-click ;)
  • inkman
    inkman Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the Auto target its a great Idea And i Have to Agree With All of You But Have any 1 seen a respond from The GM or Any 1 from There Staff Huuuummmmm............ Idont think They really care........
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Won't happen.

Go play GW.

Bots are easy enough to make for a bad game like this.

Adding an auto target feature will only make it easier.

It's really not that hard to point at something and click your mouse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • datiger
    datiger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've been playing this game 1 day now, AND I WANT THE FREAKING TAB BUTTON!

I WANT TAB BUTTON, TARGETTING SUCKS!

In every other mmorpg game it is THE default 'tab' for targetting, this is totally wrong way to try to stand up from the rest of them.

Please!

Gah!
  • Verexx - Lost City
    Verexx - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I strongly agree.
    A tab based targeting system would be great