fb=fu ben=????

meow4mix
meow4mix Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
ok so what is fb19 or fb39 what are they,are they quest,are they pleasees,are they dungons? im very sloow if u catch ma drift so explain in detail please!!b:victoryb:victory
Post edited by meow4mix on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Fuben = Dungeon. Essentially instanced areas with hard enemies and very rewarding quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsunamiex - Lost City
    Tsunamiex - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Fuben = Dungeon. Essentially instanced areas with hard enemies and very rewarding quests.

very rewarding my ****.....

30 minutes worth of organizing and waiting just for 7k exp.
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    There's more to rewards than XP. An FB19 weapon can last til the early 30s, and a couple units of Xenobeast Blood alone are worth a boatload of coins. But they are more rewarding for the time spent for more organized or busier groups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    *shameless advertising*

The Empire faction will gladly help with FBs in Heaven's Tear server. We will probably form up in less than 5 mins and a bit longer in higher levels.
    We are currently actively doing:

FB19
    FB29
    FB39 (you provide wines)
    FB51 (you provide wines)
    FB59 (you provide wines)
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, I'll have to see about "rewarding". I did what seems to be "FB19" yesterday.

I was getting worried about my time running out (lots of sitting... I need more mana regen :-)), but eventually I had to leave because my inventory was full :-) I've muled off some more stuff now, so maybe next time...

Got 8/8 and 2/8 :-( The good thing is that there's probably a boss at the end that I don't want to solo, but the quest doesn't list a 0/1 :-)

Might be able to skip a few guys next time (sometimes the rooms are large enough so you don't have to clear them completely), but it's still going to take some time again :-(
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    *shameless advertising*

The Empire faction will gladly help with FBs in Heaven's Tear server. We will probably form up in less than 5 mins and a bit longer in higher levels.

FB19
    FB29
    FB39 (you provide wines)
    FB51 (you provide wines)
    FB59 (you provide wines)

damn right thats shameless

demanding wines for 39 and 49 (might as well call it 49 to keep it all the 9s) - and therefore making sure inexperienced players cant complete their quests (of course experienced players know you dont use wine and get the quests done)

since you scoffed all the tabs, they wont be able to get help to finish them either... what else do you demand... individual loot so your tank snaffles all the molds to share between you later?

shameless... yes i agree

EDIT: of and fu ben is just chinese for tablet quest. i.e. the dungeons at 19, 29, 39, 49 (51), 59, 69, 79, 89, 99 where players get XP, rep and blood for partying with you IF you use the tablet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meow4mix
    meow4mix Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    *shameless advertising*

FB19
    FB29
    FB39 (you provide wines)
    FB51 (you provide wines)
    FB59 (you provide wines)

why are you advertiseing on my thread..i think getthe ideanow..kinda..so its a quest..then once yu beat hte quest its a dungon too go down inside agan for items..and were is it? and im a cleric what level shuold i be b4or i get this "quest?
    "b:sweat
  • Souljajuice - Sanctuary
    Souljajuice - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If I understand it right you have to be lvl19 to do FB19, lvl29 to do FB29, etc...
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    on topic then,

fu ben = 副本
    its a chinese term for dungeon from the game World of Warcraft that has made its way to PW. It doesn't have special meaning outside gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Brimsheen - Sanctuary
    Brimsheen - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i always think fullback when I see it >.>
    Souls yearn to live a hero, but even moreso, a soul yearns to die a Legend
    -Brimsheen, Mercenary for hire (16 and rising. My avvy lies)
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    If I understand it right you have to be lvl19 to do FB19, lvl29 to do FB29, etc...

You can do these quests well over their level, or help other people with their quests before you reach the instance's level. You probably do want to wait until you match or exceed the instances level, though, since the enemies inside are remarkably nasty. If you exceed the instance's level by too much, it may have a negative effect on what the monsters drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Diamondstar - Heavens Tear
    Diamondstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Fu Ben is Stone Tablet, because all the said quests require a tablet
  • Souljajuice - Sanctuary
    Souljajuice - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    You can do these quests well over their level, or help other people with their quests before you reach the instance's level. You probably do want to wait until you match or exceed the instances level, though, since the enemies inside are remarkably nasty. If you exceed the instance's level by too much, it may have a negative effect on what the monsters drop.

ya that's what i meant, you have to be AT LEAST that level to do it. guess it was unclear.
  • Rangedraven - Sanctuary
    Rangedraven - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So that quest you get in the Cave of the Vicious to waste some Stoneskins, thats FB19?

I tried it tiwce (19 @ 99.9% exp thinking i might not be able to do it at 20) and got wasted, both times riht at the entrance... now im at 95.4% exp LOL.... ):
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Enemies with a golden and particularly stylized border around their healthbar when selected are Elites, and are not balanced around a single person beating them. It's not impossible to take them solo -- it's how I got through the Darkbreed Wolfkin and Charr quests myself -- but it is remarkably hard, and a good way to burn through potions and Apocathery items very quickly.

I strongly advise trying to form, or join, a team for those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rangedraven - Sanctuary
    Rangedraven - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ya, that sucks. it's 'remarkably' hard to find anyone worth playing with that isnt going to bother me. I do prefer going solo unless I know who I'm dealing with.
  • Ashtad - Sanctuary
    Ashtad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Dungens normaly require a party to go turgh..if nothing else at lest 2 people, a damage dealer and someone to heal:) or you can get someone 5 time the lv requirment to drag you thurg:)
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kargor wrote: »
    I was getting worried about my time running out (lots of sitting... I need more mana regen :-)), but eventually I had to leave because my inventory was full :-) I've muled off some more stuff now, so maybe next time...

The timer is 10 hours and plentiful for even a slow clear of the dungeon. Even so, I usually recommend waiting until the boss room to use the tablet.

It is also possible to return to a dungeon even after having left it without any adverse effects (i.e. the dungeon does not reset) so you can always leave, merch stuff and go back to finish clearing the dungeon..
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Think about FB as "final (dungeon) boss".
    Whatever it really means...
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    dumb question, but "how" and/or "where" do you use the tablet? what exactly is it for and what does it do? i've only done fb19 so far, just for the weapon, and i soloed it as i usually do with quests so never learned anything about the "tablet". my fb19 tablet is just sitting in my safe, i got credit for the fb19 and everything so i figured i did what i was supposed to do. can anyone fill me in on that so i won't (hopefully) look like a totally dum dum if i join a squad for a future fb?
  • thumper
    thumper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The timer is 10 hours and plentiful for even a slow clear of the dungeon. Even so, I usually recommend waiting until the boss room to use the tablet.

It is also possible to return to a dungeon even after having left it without any adverse effects (i.e. the dungeon does not reset) so you can always leave, merch stuff and go back to finish clearing the dungeon..

Do you know of an fb19 guide or post that can give a rundown on what goes on in this quest? I've been searching the board and getting a little info here and there, but no real clear picture yet. Any help appreciated.