can a wizard be stronger than a cleric?

ntsuagzz
ntsuagzz Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
just need help before my lvl too high to turn back and start new one. Just wonder after maxing the power of wizard, is it much much stronger than a cleric or is it the cleric has same power as the wizard..

help..
Post edited by ntsuagzz on

Comments

• necri
    necri Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The cleric is going to pretty much kill you in a 1v1 as your a easy class for him to beat, his tempest apparently has 50% Physical 50% Magic/Metal(?) Clerics in a duel will buff up in regens nuke, heal, nuke, heal, nuke, heal ect until you are dead.
    Mages are needed in good successful groups as they specify in ranged damage and not many healing spells that will distract their dps.

Please correct me if im wrong.
  • slayer1o1
    slayer1o1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    your right.
    attack clerics are stronger than mages. sorry to break it to you.
    if you go attack cleric, you will struggle around the mid to upper 10's.
  • heaven123
    heaven123 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    slayer1o1 wrote: »
    your right.

Yup, but no ones going to be looking for clerics for DPS exactly.

"OK, we need a DPS, I know, I'll go find a cleric"

Also considering things, wizards still have the upper hand in DPS due to their AOE spells.
  • Legend - Lost City
    Legend - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    slayer1o1 wrote: »
    your right.

Don't make me laugh.
    Clerics start of stronger at the beginning, but as time goes on, mages become much stronger than a cleric, even if it is an attack cleric. Cleric's attack skills do not have nearly as much power as mages attacks skills do as you level them up.
    If you don't believe me you can make a cleric and mage and level them both up to 30, then check and see which is stronger, the mage wins.
  • epiphanyboy
    epiphanyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Legend you arent getting the point. clerics are stronger in later levels. thats as brief as ima put it
    Enough............
  • Mithraz - Sanctuary
    Mithraz - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Stronger in PvP or in PVE? In PVE, a cleric will rarely be used as dps correct? And if they are, a wiz dps will still out do a cleric dps at same level/gear, correct? In PvP a cleric will win 1 v 1 but which is more useful in larger battles overall?
  • idarkide
    idarkide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    thats what ive been wondering. Looking around these forums, all the classes seem to be rated for their pvp capabilities. does the pve jus suck in this game? or is lvling so superuber fast that no one has to party up and kill **** to lvl? Full attack cleric doesnt seem to have massively powerful aoes or nething, so why would they always be party prefferred for dps? Are aoes useless in this game? im gettin confused...... btw ya im really newb...
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Eh yes a full attack cleric can out DPS a wizard 1v1 at same levels. Sad truth. They also have better defensive capabilities due to ironheart and their buffs. The reason most lower leveled people say a cleric is stronger than a wizard is because clerics get their ranged physical damage attack level 1 (plume shot), so they are capable of taking out any modified mobs easily (except for a metal mob with increased pdef) and any class (magic skills and physical for different armor types), less channel time than wizards, and they're able to heal/buff themselves. They also have great debuffs which when used properly are a very significant threat to whoever/whatever their target is. I can't say much on 1v1 for the ultimates (the ones you get at 59 on a wiz), but whether they can outspike a cleric or not, they have cools that make the DPS lower. A wizard can still outDPS a cleric by way of cumulative AoE damage, though.

PvE doesn't suck, but this game has a very large emphasis on PvP being the structure of the endgame.. so most people base their decisions on things that will be successful at both. That, and some people just like experimental/uncommon builds.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • grim321
    grim321 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    mmm interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There is just something impressive about going into fb19 with a lvl 61 mage... and seeing the mage 1shot like 10+ mobs at the same time with 1 spell..
  • Wizzical - Dreamweaver
    Wizzical - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    endgame wizards would pwn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:laugh

but otherwize...b:shocked
    no profanity please, even in Latin
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    holy ****, one year necro.

EVERYONE HIDE, ANDRACIL IS COMING
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    this topic sounds like 6yr old kids arguing which one is faster? a Ferrari or BMW.

move your lazy arses here : http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php and read a little. See on how many skills Wizard has a +xxx% from weapon. That percentage varies from 300 on normal skill to 500 on nukes. That's how a wizard oudamages a cleric

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ok FaC clerics can still heal themselves which is y some like them but mages hit harder
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Cleric had DPS more than wizard?b:laughb:laughb:laugh Just in low levels. After wizard getting 90+ with sage/demon skills cleric doesn't have more DPS. Maybe only in your dreams. At level 99+ is cleric just tasty meal for wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Uh.. not really. Honestly cleric vs wizard is nothing but charmrape for both sides. Only clerics I can kill easily are ones with no vit, they just get slept and die to blade tempest. But the ones with 7k HP will not die so easily if they aren't stupid.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Uh.. not really. Honestly cleric vs wizard is nothing but charmrape for both sides. Only clerics I can kill easily are ones with no vit, they just get slept and die to blade tempest. But the ones with 7k HP will not die so easily if they aren't stupid.

Especially with genie skills is killing cleric not so hard than used to be at lower levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    clerics do same damage as wizzys at like lvl 20 even my lvl (still low) i do more than clerics
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Especially with genie skills is killing cleric not so hard than used to be at lower levels.
    Wait till they go vit build and get hh90 etc. Dunno how you intend on killing them, but good luck.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • SonidoOscuro - Harshlands
    SonidoOscuro - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *slaps forhead hard.*
    What the hell has to do the wizard gameplay with the cleric one. Of course the wizard does more damage. And even if he had lower damage per spell than the cleric, essential sutra and undine strike make the difference. There is no question about who deals the most damage.

But I do agree that cleric plays much easier than wizard and overall is more feared in pvp. Engame wizards are the best class but clerics are an above average-good class all around, from beggining to endgame.
    Started - October-04-2009.
    Class- Winged Elf Cleric.
    Build- Vit. Hybrid.
    Server- Harshlands.
    Kills(PK)- 0.
    Deaths(PK)- 0.
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1-year necro die <.<
  • SonidoOscuro - Harshlands
    SonidoOscuro - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1-year necro die <.<

*digs new grave for thread* I know...
    Started - October-04-2009.
    Class- Winged Elf Cleric.
    Build- Vit. Hybrid.
    Server- Harshlands.
    Kills(PK)- 0.
    Deaths(PK)- 0.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    in before andracil or arrayanmage arrives.
    b:victory

huh they still not here. O.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Attack clerics are not stronger than any mage period. Only attack build clerics perpetuate this non-sense to avoid humilation or being a cleric who doesn't know their role.

Clerics get to use Metal damage, whoopie! Maybe even a little Pdmg, great.

I got Earth, Water, Fire and Physical damage.

A strong mage build is priceless as a DD class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Clerics will own Wizards in duels low-midish levels. Wizards will annihilate most classes/player starting at 90+.

ps. How bout we let this thread die now.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PrettySammy theres no point in argueing >.< its a one year necro.....
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There are many Wizards in the world, but only one is the magical hamster.
    b:laughb:chuckle

now wheres arrayanmage with her "Die" "Die" "Time to Die"?
    XD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is four!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.