So which class rules in PVP?

Options
faustiv
faustiv Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Any MMORPG has weak and strong classes n slightly unbalanced usually, I was think of picking an archer but.... I never played it and have no idea whats worth what. Suggestions please?
Post edited by faustiv on

Comments

• myp
    myp Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    U know, there is a balance in PW )
    If Archer is strong by his crits, he'll have got not much hp so that's why he's a good victim for melee. As human mage too. And there are some pros and cons for every class.
    Anyway, I guess archer is the best pvp class. But if u don't want play it, choose what u like and do pvp build it.
    Here I should write nicknames of my chars in other games, but I'm too lazy.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    faustiv wrote: »
    Any MMORPG has weak and strong classes n slightly unbalanced usually, I was think of picking an archer but.... I never played it and have no idea whats worth what. Suggestions please?

EA - Magic + physical attacks, highest crit rate.

WB - DOES NOT DIE

MG - **** 10-30 people at once in Territory War

WF - Debuffs / bramble array will result in WR/WB **** themselves.

EP - Stack heals, buffs, magic + physical attacks.

WR - Chain stuns, keeps classes from moving or even attacking back an entire fight if 1v1.

There's a lot more Pros for each class but im really tired and ima sleep now I might post more later.
  • montz
    montz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    are blade masters any good?
  • baba0
    baba0 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    1st post. :D

Since I'm a newbie, please define the class abreviations in the quote below. Thanks.
    embl3m wrote: »
    EA - Magic + physical attacks, highest crit rate.

WB - DOES NOT DIE

MG - **** 10-30 people at once in Territory War

WF - Debuffs / bramble array will result in WR/WB **** themselves.

EP - Stack heals, buffs, magic + physical attacks.

WR - Chain stuns, keeps classes from moving or even attacking back an entire fight if 1v1.

There's a lot more Pros for each class but im really tired and ima sleep now I might post more later.
    [Insert Sig Here]
    Playing PW since 09/07/08 :eek:
  • mikelightyear
    mikelightyear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    baba0 wrote: »
    1st post. :D

Since I'm a newbie, please define the class abreviations in the quote below. Thanks.

ea - elf archer

wb - wearbeast

mg - wizard

wf - wearfox

ep - elf cleric

wr - blade master
  • baba0
    baba0 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    [Insert Sig Here]
    Playing PW since 09/07/08 :eek:
  • sabriel
    sabriel Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    you can pick a class and call it best in a pvp server, all class need some other class to make it out alive, If you got all the class you need your doing great really, Once of each is always good, but its like rock paper cutter things, One class beat another class and that class beats that class, So your stuck find out what class you can beat and what class you should avoid to most unless you can take him.
  • Granz - Heavens Tear
    Granz - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    so....can a godly elf priest own in pvp? even against melee attackers too
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    so....can a godly elf priest own in pvp? even against melee attackers too

A priest that is built for PVP is deadly.
    A priest had wonderful debuffs. Has a sleep spell and can heal itself.
  • Jin_nique - Heavens Tear
    Jin_nique - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    russel wrote: »
    A priest that is built for PVP is deadly.
    A priest had wonderful debuffs. Has a sleep spell and can heal itself.

Tell me about it man! Provided you level/stat the priest correctly, priests can outdamage even MGs without the cooldown time. Now throw in the Sleep/Paralyze debuffs and Heals.

That's why I'm using a priest. I may be very low-leveled now, but i'll get there someday! b:victory
    You can take the soldier out of the fight,
    but you can't take the fight outta the soldier!

-Jin_Nique
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Archers rule small PVP. Warriors and mages rule TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Karalian - Sanctuary
    Karalian - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Archers are actually pretty deadly in TW too. I don't know the name of the skill, but they open it like Cleric's bubble or Mages big AOE. It spits out tons of arrows and does MASSIVE damage. Almost insta death to all robes if they get caught in it. Not a good thing. Might be called Arrow Bombardment or something to that effect. Either way, it's pretty cool to see.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    yeh Barrage of Arrows in this game
  • osiric
    osiric Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    WB if you enjoy being a pain in the **** to kill =P.

Osiric
  • Xnarux - Heavens Tear
    Xnarux - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My Venomancer rulesin pvp ive had 53 matches and ive only lost 4 timesx.x thats because i was over powered by high high lvls xD i have 45 str 20 Vit 18 int(i think) and i dont remember the rest atmx.x but i would say Venomancers are a high pvp class because you can actualy go melee and ranged but with your pet your dealing x2 the damage +additionally you get if you have your wolf Bleed :3 its awsome GO VENOMANCERS FTW!!!!! my character is 19 and im in Heavens Tear if you are close to my lvl feel free to pm me and challange me but if your to high i may not accept if 5lvls+ over mex.x gear is stronger higher upxD but if not i can give you my stats so that you can think about what i have ^-^
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Depends on the talent of the player mostly. At least in this game. I have to admit the classes are pretty balanced for PVP.
  • ashron
    ashron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My Venomancer rulesin pvp ive had 53 matches and ive only lost 4 timesx.x thats because i was over powered by high high lvls xD i have 45 str 20 Vit 18 int(i think) and i dont remember the rest atmx.x but i would say Venomancers are a high pvp class because you can actualy go melee and ranged but with your pet your dealing x2 the damage +additionally you get if you have your wolf Bleed :3 its awsome GO VENOMANCERS FTW!!!!! my character is 19 and im in Heavens Tear if you are close to my lvl feel free to pm me and challange me but if your to high i may not accept if 5lvls+ over mex.x gear is stronger higher upxD but if not i can give you my stats so that you can think about what i have ^-^

sorry to disappoint you, but your 53 matches (duels...) don't really say anything. Duels don't have suprise, duels don't have hierograms, every normal persons starts duels with full chi-bars and so on.

Venomancers in free pvp are good if you suprise people (stun, pet with bleedbug, bramble hood to survive in the meantime,...), but dead if any physical class suprises you (chainstunned by warriors, 2 hit by archers, perditioned by barbarians and so on). Light Armor makes Venomancers somewhat better to survive with, but you still lack important selfbuffs.

lvl60-80 Range Archers are damn deadly to pretty much everyone, though Warrios can beat them easily with stuns if done right. Mages may have equally high damage output, but can be rather squishy sometimes (aside from LA mages).

But yes, the classes are pretty balanced.
  • h0mey
    h0mey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Archers a pretty much a "must have" if you wanna win a TW