Drop the extremely ridiculous 'collect' quests

Ladycrysania - Sanctuary
Ladycrysania - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Suggestion Box
Are these supposed to be fun or just to irritate people? What is the drop rate set at 10%?

I dropped the "poison tail quest" that you only need 3 of. After killing 43 of them I only got 1 tail.

This isn't the only 'collect' quest that irritates you so much you want to uninstall PW..

Now c'mon, do you consider this 'fun'?

Its ridiculous...
Post edited by Ladycrysania - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It doesn't bother me. Either it's killing 50 of a certain mob, killing 50mobs till I get a drop, or grinding. All the same to me. b:victory
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's standard F2P quest design; you won't find a game that doesn't have these quests. Unless the game doesn't offer quests anymore, in which case you just kill the stuff with a quest item drop rate of 0% :-)
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'd much rather they drop the boss quests, as there's no reward for helping people... no exp, no drops, nada wtf.

L2 had bosses right, incredible drops good exp. Here neither even exists... although instance bosses do at least drop molders and exp/rep if you got tablet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • shadow685
    shadow685 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Are these supposed to be fun or just to irritate people? What is the drop rate set at 10%?

I dropped the "poison tail quest" that you only need 3 of. After killing 43 of them I only got 1 tail.

This isn't the only 'collect' quest that irritates you so much you want to uninstall PW..

Its ridiculous...

lol i dont get why ppl with those thoughts play an mmorpg.....
    play an single player rpg if u want more story and more sinful quest objectives....
    most mmorpgs are about grinding..and ur so called collect quest at least gives u some reason for grinding.... u grind kil 50 mobs get xp, gold and other drops from them..and then when u have ur quest items u even get quest rewards... now u r only 20.. i guess u wont get higher than max lvl 40.....cos u dont like to grind......
  • Ladycrysania - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    shadow685 wrote: »
    play an single player rpg if u want more story and more sinful quest objectives....
    most mmorpgs are about grinding..and ur so called collect quest at least gives u some reason for grinding.... u grind kil 50 mobs get xp, gold and other drops from them..and then when u have ur quest items u even get quest rewards... now u r only 20.. i guess u wont get higher than max lvl 40.....cos u dont like to grind......

I doubt I will get to there.. this game is now on the 'Only play when extermely bored pile'

Cheers
  • shadow685
    edited October 2008
    I doubt I will get to there.. this game is now on the 'Only play when extermely bored pile'

Cheers

hehe so u play a game that even bores u more when already bored?!? b:chuckle
  • Jin_nique - Heavens Tear
    Jin_nique - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lol. good point by Shadow685. :D:D
    You can take the soldier out of the fight,
    but you can't take the fight outta the soldier!

-Jin_Nique
  • Ladycrysania - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    hehe so u play a game that even bores u more when already bored?!? b:chuckle

Well, I mean when I get a little burnt on other games.

If I want ridiculous drop rates I will go back to WoW, at least your given choices on how to control.
    No more money from me, PWI , you don't deserve it..

I'll keep this around when I feel like getting aggravated...after all it is free..(and I see why now, who would pay monthly for this rubbish)
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    No more money from me, PWI , you don't deserve it..

Do you mean your internet bill, or are you saying you've spent real money on this free game?
  • shadow685
    edited October 2008
    and when he did why did he before he was sure he likes that game?
    i played some free mmos so far and i even paid some money on 1 of them but i did that after i played for 3 month already and i was sure i will play it for a while..but how can i spend money on a game i play about 2 weeks to be lvl 20 not knowing i like that game?
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Do you mean your internet bill, or are you saying you've spent real money on this free game?

I spend loads of money on this and i dont even think you wanna know how much b:shocked
    So if he did spend real money, i understand why he wont any more.(i stoped paying to) :D

I have alrdy activated my old games lol and im just here when i need a break from those and waiting on beta in other games.

b:pleased
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arinoa - Heavens Tear
    Arinoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    and when he did why did he before he was sure he likes that game?
    i played some free mmos so far and i even paid some money on 1 of them but i did that after i played for 3 month already and i was sure i will play it for a while..but how can i spend money on a game i play about 2 weeks to be lvl 20 not knowing i like that game?

Spending real money on the game has nothing to do with deciding you like it or not. Its more of an impulsive decision, cus it saves time to do so (materials for e.g.)

Some people are tempted easily, some are less. I guess you are quite a reserved person for only starting to pay after 3 months, but thats you, not everyone.
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    To pay or not to pay is not the main issue of this thread. I know the OP mentioned it but the root here is the number of items to be collected for a quest. I think those numbers should be lower or the mob drops be higher myself. 35 items is too much. Especially if the drop is only 1 item for 2 kills. I've had to kill almost 60 to get even 15 before. I know player lvl vs mob lvl affects drops and there are probably other factors in play as well but the point here is a quest should not be a grind. You can grind any old mob any time you like but when you get a quest to kill 35 of something that matches your lvl, have to find/get to it and then discover it's surrounded by mobs 5+ higher it becomes a suicide mission which cancels any grind benefits you would get on the quest.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    the root here is the number of items to be collected for a quest. I think those numbers should be lower or the mob drops be higher myself. 35 items is too much. Especially if the drop is only 1 item for 2 kills. I've had to kill almost 60 to get even 15 before.
    when you get a quest to kill 35 of something that matches your lvl, have to find/get to it and then discover it's surrounded by mobs 5+ higher it becomes a suicide mission which cancels any grind benefits you would get on the quest

So you have 0 choices in doing that quest? You can't save it for later when you're a few levels above the mobs? Hmmm... personally, I'm very grateful for these quests. But don't worry, there's hope for all of you who hate these "grind" quests. Because at 38+ you get introduced to grinding, the old fashioned way. No quest rewards involved. No bonuses. Nada. Enjoy. b:chuckle

The truth is, you're going to spend more time grinding now with the benefit of questing or even MORE later on actual grinding. Your pick.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Thrdphlosphr - Lost City
    Thrdphlosphr - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i hate to say it, but what else do you want? most mmo's are 90% of more fetch quests.
  • Arinoa - Heavens Tear
    Arinoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There are games with more quests and less grind, such as Guild Wars for example. That one's alot diffrent from the standard mmorpg that you know though, and maybe not everyone's cup of tea, heh.

I hate pure grinding myself, and not sure yet just how I could continue playing without quests, but finding a good guild and constantly squading up to do whatever would probably be the answer. Which is my recommendation to Ladycrysania.
  • kwyl
    edited October 2008
    But don't worry, there's hope for all of you who hate these "grind" quests. Because at 38+ you get introduced to grinding, the old fashioned way. No quest rewards involved. No bonuses. Nada. Enjoy. b:chuckle

Snide remarks are always effective when trying to help someone out. Too bad you missed the point that a grind should be an old-fashioned grind taken on by choice and a quest should be a fairly reasonable set goal to be enjoyed by solo players and groups alike. Two separate things. Allow people get through the quests with moderate frustration so they don't see them as nearly impossible and, when they have no more available, then they grind for the next one. And grind they will to get to the next quest because a quest gives them a sense of accomplishment. People like to feel like they can do things otherwise they just give up. Wait, let me guess. To that you want to say "getting quest rewards shouldn't be easy" or "find another game". Now you're just being argumentative.b:kiss
  • shadow685
    edited October 2008
    fact is still that 90% of the mmos out there are about grinding and ppl that start to play an mmo normally should know this... so i still say instead of just grinding to lvl up its better to grind and fullfill a quest meanwhile and finally get some quest reward too....

what r u suggest to lvl ur char? quests till u r reached ur max lvl? so u can have ur max lvl in 2 month?
    and that in free mmo?

and i dont know what u r talking at all... hes lvl 20 and dont has the patience to hunt 50 mobs of a kind?
    about what does he think is a mmo? mmos are about killing mobs and making XP to get ur char stronger... if u want a great storyline and world changing quests play OBLIVION or any other solo player rpg....
  • kwyl
    edited October 2008
    If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please hang up and try your call again.
  • shadow685
    edited October 2008
    lol just like u did i guess.... ^^
  • Kevinhell - Sanctuary
    Kevinhell - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kargor wrote: »
    It's standard F2P quest design; you won't find a game that doesn't have these quests. Unless the game doesn't offer quests anymore, in which case you just kill the stuff with a quest item drop rate of 0% :-)

Could Perfect World International try to be different than "The Standard Free-To-Play" quest scheme? The answer is always, yes...

Its ridiculous...

Yes, it is.

The game would be awesome enough for me (along with some other fixes mentioned in this suggestion forum) to buy Gold, and do that MySpace event. I would tell some of my American Friends, and spread the word on the internet of this game. This company could really benfit if they had developers whom accually put their own creativity in this Perfect World client with the quests. All I ask is this, and less "mob/kill this many" quests.

*By the way, I've played RuneScape before, and they have one of the best quest system of free-to-play games I've seen so far so there is some hope.
    *This is not my first Perfect World game, and I playyed Perfect World (Malysia) for awhile.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

It's perfectly possible to have more variation in quests and even some of PWI's quests are beyond the plain bounty hunting. It's equally possible to have a strong story and plot in a MMORPG, Guildwars has shown that.
  • Lyiger - Sanctuary
    Lyiger - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kwyl wrote: »
    If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please hang up and try your call again.
    ROFLMFAO!!!

Woo, I need a breather... Anyway, grinding sucks and I pity anyone that thinks they have to accept it. I say if you can find your friends then you have a fun game. find 5 active players that you can stand to be around and ask them if they want to do stuff. most of the time they will feel just like you and will want to do something besides chat in major citys, help newbs out, and grind all day. I love running things that I'm not even suppose to be running! Like if I'm lvl 26 now, I would beg to see if a squad that has a lvl 60 tank or healer will let me fill in their extra spot for FB39 or something like that. I ask my friends if they want to try to kill a lvl 50 snake by Timberfield and they are so afraid of the hype of grinding to get exp, that they are afraid to die! I say don't grind if you don't want to, just go around and explore!

That's another reason why I liked WoW so much, they gave you exp for exploring different places. i think if PW had that, it would be a way of grinding for people that want to explore, people that are tired of grinding, but don't want to give the game up. I remember I was lvl 25 and I swam to the city of misfortune without dieing. I was so happy when i got there just to find out that: A.) It was just a big pile of rocks. B.) I had no teleport links, so I had to swim all the way back.b:cry If they gave me exp, I might not had been so mad considering how exp is like gold to some people on this game. And right after that, I went to FB29 with some people and I had a great time. That's all I'm saying, don't wait on the game makers to make change, do it yourself, but still make them aware of the problems you are facing. Squad up with a group of lower lvls so you gain extra exp, and they gain the help. (They gain more than you in % anyway, so you aren't stopping them from leveling and since many people say that at level 40+ you hardly gain .1% for killing mobs, whats a little extra here and there? )

If I'm thinking too far out the box or if many of you say "That won't ever work" or "Forget that! I'm just gonna quit..." , then i have herd that Toontown doesn't require you to grind that hard... (LOL)
    All I can say is try it... try to get a squad together and grind like that, or like on WoW set times with your guild (faction) to do certain quests and instances (FBs). It takes planning or a heck of a lot of boredom...