Squad Requests

Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Let's have some common sense when asking people to squad up with you.

We are not noobs if we automatically deny your random request.

1. If you don't take the time to ask me if I'm fighting the same mobs as you, why should I take the time to ask you before I deny? Just because I'm in the same area, doesn't mean I'm after the same mob. Ask first.

2. I might deny your "random didn't ask me first" request because even though I'm fighting the same mob, I'm also farming mats for crafting. If you ask first, I might stop the farming and concentrate on the quest with you.

3. I WILL deny your "random didn't ask me first" request if I see that you're not a ranged player and took the time to mark free distribution instead of random. Why should I let you hide behind my pet, and not even give me a chance for drops?

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

So, please ask first before you ask people to join squads to help with quests.
Post edited by Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i was the same way on pw-my with my venomancer, never partyed with any1 with there random requests for the same reasons, still on this barb i usualy ask them if they want to pt, but rarely do anyway as i can do them fine, apart from pyrogoths which i totaly dispise lol
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • Raaven - Sanctuary
    Raaven - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Let's have some common sense when asking people to squad up with you.

We are not noobs if we automatically deny your random request.

1. If you don't take the time to ask me if I'm fighting the same mobs as you, why should I take the time to ask you before I deny? Just because I'm in the same area, doesn't mean I'm after the same mob. Ask first.

2. I might deny your "random didn't ask me first" request because even though I'm fighting the same mob, I'm also farming mats for crafting. If you ask first, I might stop the farming and concentrate on the quest with you.

3. I WILL deny your "random didn't ask me first" request if I see that you're not a ranged player and took the time to mark free distribution instead of random. Why should I let you hide behind my pet, and not even give me a chance for drops?

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

So, please ask first before you ask people to join squads to help with quests.

I fully agree with this post! I have litterally been cussed out because I did not accept a blind invite on my Cleric. I am not obligated to party with you, nor an I obligated to heal you because you got in over your head. Asking first means I might consider recending my policy of soloing to help another person out. But if you don't ask, expect to be denied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy Rotation time! Thanks to Zirconium for this lovely one!
    Item Data Base: pwdatabase.com/pwi
    Race Quests:
    Elf: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5321
    Human: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=28411
    Untamed: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221
  • Fefnir - Heavens Tear
    Fefnir - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This was annoying to me as well until I discovered the ignore option. Now i just turn on the filter that denies party and trade requests, and auto-reply "Please forgive me I'm doing quests"
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    This was annoying to me as well until I discovered the ignore option. Now i just turn on the filter that denies party and trade requests, and auto-reply "Please forgive me I'm doing quests"

What a great idea! Didn't know we could do that b:laugh

I just turned that option on, and put "Please ask first if you want to squad up :)" as my auto reply!
  • Raaven - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Humm, I have wondered how to set the auto reply, also I have seen people running around with things like looking for squad over thier head. how is that done?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race Quests:
    edited October 2008
    Humm, I have wondered how to set the auto reply, also I have seen people running around with things like looking for squad over thier head. how is that done?

When you're in the squad window, you click slogan. You can also click to show class and level. Once you're all set, click "change." It would then say, Lv. X, Class, Seeking a squad.
  • Raaven - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Ahh thank you Feral, much appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race Quests:
    edited October 2008
    Anytime b:pleased

I had to take off that auto reply thing. Every time somebody whispered to me, they would get that auto reply. lol I thought it was only if somebody was sending me a squad request b:chuckle
  • Sinkphase - Lost City
    Sinkphase - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I hadn't realized i could ignore it XD finally. Thank y'all

to bad you can't change the slogan thing though
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I really wish they had an auto-ignore faction invites.