Mage question

Options
kargor
kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Venomancer
Well, right now I'm just building a Venomancer "mage style" --- "all" in INT, STR as required. Actually kept a bunch of points unallocated, but at least that's the idea anyway. Using robes, even though it's not called that in game.

I'm currently lvl 24, and doing okayish. Never expected to be able to tank stuff with a build like this, so when I catch aggro while the Magnite is busy, I take the opportunity to do some sightseeing until the monster gets bored.

My question is --- do Venomancer mages "usually" raise vitality? I mean, not counting Darkbreed Wolfs and Elder Turtoise (I guess I just need a water pet...), up until now there are no problems. But that's lvl 24... and there's a lot more levels to come.

And should I try to learn the potion.-making alchemy branch, or do people "usually" sit like I do right now? INT is supposed to raise Mana regen; does it get "reaosnably high" later on?
Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
Getting too grindy by now :-(
Post edited by kargor on

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Mage venomancers put very few points into Vitality, most into Magic and only as many as required for armour in Strength.

Sometimes I meditate to regain mana/health, but this is speeded up with Pharmaceuticals - I would recommend taking it up - it only ever costs the plants you pick (which you can do while golem kills) and can help a lot in serious situations where you accidentally aggro more than you intended.
  • Foxysally - Heavens Tear
    Foxysally - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i'm doing the same build and for every 2 lvl i put in 2 str 1 vit and 7 into mag.
    i'm just going by what i see from some threads
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well, 1 str/level seems a bit too much for me --- at lvl 24, I have 16 str as dictated by the gear I'm currently wearing. But then, this is strictly a "very light" aka robe armor build; my assumption being that it's either cloth or plate, anything in between (which in this game would then be light armor) is bound to suck :-)

I should probably try to find a reliable source of armor requirements for higher levels, to reduce the unallocated points. Right now it's easy, when I find a new piece of armor to wear I just raise str to whatever it needs.

"Few vitality" --- what exactly does 1 vitality do? Add a fixed amount of HP? How much?

1 vit every two levels... that does indeed sound like "few vitality". At 24 that would be +12... I could even do that from my pool of spare points. But I suppose I should follow the forums a bit more, or wait until I run into vitality problems :-)

What are the chances of finding socketed armor pieces at higher levels? And the inserts to go into these? I think I already have 1 that adds HP...
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    For every even numbered level I go 1 Vit, 4 Mag. For every odd numbererd level it's 1 Vit, 1 Str, 3 Mag.

Don't know if it's good or bad, but it's been good for me. b:pleased I think you need some vit to cover yourself for when you draw aggro. Just until you can get your pet over to the other mob.

And yes, do the alchemy. It saved my little bottom many a times!
  • Foxysally - Heavens Tear
    Foxysally - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    true i could do that but i'm gonna stay with my and see how it truns out.
    but i wanna know when i should stop the str since i know that at a certain lvl u'll use a weapon for the rest of the game almost.