Some Questions

Options
lightz39
lightz39 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Hey there, Ive recently been playing games such and Ro and Flyff but felt like playing something a little less kiddy. One thing that stops me from playing most free to play mmos is the fact that they are heavily dependent on item shops. Is that the case for this game? I mean if I'm going to be paying money to play a game I might as well resubscribe to WoW.

Thanks for any help.
Post edited by lightz39 on

Comments

• Taiji - Lost City
    Taiji - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    To answer your question, yes and no?

I have been playing the game casually for couple of weeks, and so far I didn't have to spend any money. Everything you can buy from the cash shop you can obtain through in-game currency. I have about 6 million coins right now which is roughly worth $60.... So if you know what to sell/farm and buy then you never have to spend any money.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    yes. it is the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • lightz39
    lightz39 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well if in game currency can = real money then thats alright...I mean as long as I dont have to be wondering around known as a free player that sucks because I don't spend money on items.
  • tonio545
    tonio545 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Every FREE mmorpg has that feature. Be happy it's free. Play it or don't. Your call.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    From what I can tell, it depends on what you want out of the game.

AoE levelling groups or hard-core PvPers can easily burn through more money in Silver Charms than they'd pay with a conventional game. I would not be surprised to discover some of the late-game content became unfathomably difficult without such things. A lot of perks, fancy-looking options, and other nice things require Gold.

That said, you don't have to pay for anything to play the game. It'll be harder, since Silver Charms are as close to immortality as it gets, but you can certainly do it. You can also purchase Gold in exchange for in-game currency, so if you only want a few things from the store, you may be able to do so without charging Zen.

Or you may want to, and end up only needing to charge twenty or fourty bucks for the entire time you play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You can buy everything in the cash shop with ingame money.

It's pretty easy to make gold, so you can get anything you want if you really want it.

Right now something that would cost $10 from the cash shop is roughly 1million - 1.3mil gold.
    If the person really wants to sell it, it can drop to 750k.

Anyway, the only thing that you would really need from yhe cash shop are HP Charms and MP charms (autopot)
    they are $2.50 a piece, or roughly 250k-275k in-game at the current price.
    its easy to make 300k at higher levels, I can make it in a day, although if you're a heavy grinder and pvper you'll need more than one charm a day,and you'll be going through them much faster at higher levels since you have more overall HP/MP. It can really take a toll, which is why many people are complaining abou the cash shop pricing.