Skin Color Mismatched

necro999
necro999 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
When I choose my skin color for character it only makes it so the face is that color and the rest of my body skin stays at default white. People in game have even asked me how that can be. I now have a scroll to change appearance but i still cant make all skin same color. What the heck am i doing wrong or am i bugged.b:sad
Post edited by necro999 on

Comments

• Fivefive - Lost City
    Fivefive - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Bug, your skin colour goes to the one you chose when you zoom in close enough.
  • necro999
    necro999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have no idea what he is trying to say.

Anyone else have a theory or idea.

I tried again to change appearance with my scroll and here's the situation. If i start completely over with a default general appearance, than i can make all skin same color, if i do it first. If i start tinkering with other factors of appearance first ,then go to choose skin color, i get same result of picking color only changes face skin color and body stays default white. I would really not want to redo my entire appearance just to have all the skin be same color.

If i don't get a decent answer i think i will just make my face the darkest color i can make it and white body and make a joke out of it. If anyone else wants to do this just make your skin color the last decision you make and you might get same result. Try it at cosmetic person. You can check out different appearances and then cancel and get scrolls back as many times you like.
  • jamnog
    jamnog Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yes The venomancers with the fox tail will only change the face colour when I make them, or when I use the makeover scroll.
    I noticed this and have changed to the venomancer with the bat wings on her head in order to give my charicter a tan. I belive its a bug in the game and im sure it will be resolved in time. I might report it to a gm as there is guidence in the opening screen.

hopefully this example will display what is ment
    facedo0.jpg
  • Pixelmancer - Heavens Tear
    Pixelmancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Use search, it's there for a reason. There are a lot of threads about this already. It's a known bug and they're trying to fix it.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm thinking you dont have your char customization turned on, and maybe ur "face" is showing the default template?
  • Aibmaz - Sanctuary
    Aibmaz - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    jamnog wrote: »
    yes The venomancers with the fox tail will only change the face colour when I make them, or when I use the makeover scroll.
    I noticed this and have changed to the venomancer with the bat wings on her head in order to give my charicter a tan. I belive its a bug in the game and im sure it will be resolved in time. I might report it to a gm as there is guidence in the opening screen.

facedo0.jpg

oh noes! someone spilled instant tan on her face!

*runs*

b:pleased
  • melodyluv
    melodyluv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When im creating a character and try to change skin color,only the body changes. the face stays the same color ( pale white) .. can somebody help me fix this? I have nvidia.b:shockedb:cryb:cryb:angry
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    jamnog wrote: »
    facedo0.jpg

Hey you're right!

And there's even another bug making your character look ugly as hell!
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm thinking you dont have your char customization turned on, and maybe ur "face" is showing the default template?

Having customizations off, will never show your own char as the default. Just everyone else.

And even then, it doesn't show the face/body skin color glitches.
    melodyluv wrote: »
    When im creating a character and try to change skin color,only the body changes. the face stays the same color ( pale white) .. can somebody help me fix this? I have nvidia.b:shockedb:cryb:cryb:angry

By the sound of it, you are making a tide born and you may want to double check your graphics card, ati has this problem, haven't heard of any other card doing this. Use the search feature like everyone else said though, check the support forums mainly. Because chances are, this game being a bit over a year old, if you are just starting, the problem you are having has been had before and if there is a fix, it's in these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Also, a nearly two year old necro there. :-P
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010

it depends on your graphics card, and how good/new/powerful it is. on my computer, i cant change the faces on my venos or TBs to have them match the body skin colour. but my son can, on his computer. even better, when you change the skintone on fox venos on his PC, it changes the tail colour slightly. (and no, its not ****, it just changes.)

necro999 wrote: »
    When I choose my skin color for character it only makes it so the face is that color and the rest of my body skin stays at default white. People in game have even asked me how that can be. I now have a scroll to change appearance but i still cant make all skin same color. What the heck am i doing wrong or am i bugged.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Everyone above me fails. Silly necromancers.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.