Archer Build

volluti
volluti Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Archer
So, this is the first time I play this game and not knowing whatever I'm doing sometimes but just going with the flow and some of what my guild and others have told me.

I'm now a level 29, about to be 30.
The way I distributed my stats is quite different from the norm, however imo it seems to make a lot of sense.

Currently, I have the following:
Vit: 31
Str: 28
Mag: 33
Dex: 68

The armor I wear are all light.

This has worked well for me, even till this present moment.
I've done this so that:
- I have a good enough HP to survive under ANY circumstances
- I have a good enough MP to always re-gain MP after all MP consuming activity (e.g. flying, attacks, etc), and sufficient amount to perform as many attacks that are needed before using up a potion or charm.
- I have enough strength to buy armor (also for physical defence when low level)
- I have enough dexterity to perform criticals, although most of my damages +/- 5 levels I get anywhere from 300 - 1500 (depending on the attack move).
- Can play the role as the first target from groups of monsters when with clerics/vens/archers.

After my next level, I'm going to focus mainly on Dex (3 ~ 5), Mag/Str (1~2).

Considering all the stuff I mentioned above, what do you guys think about this?
Post edited by volluti on

Comments

• volluti
    volluti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Lvl 35 now, and doing 4/1 for the majority and 3/1/1 for the alt levels.
    Seems to be working well.
  • shalin
    shalin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    sounds like a good idea.
  • krasnansky
    krasnansky Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I dont like making it so complicated. No reason to make it so. Just apply one point for vit., one for str., and 3 for dex. each level. You you receive a well-rounded archer. Yet, if you find that you do not need str., you can just go 4 dex. and 1 vit. Vit. is a must at higher levels, such as 30+.
  • blackguy6044
    blackguy6044 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmm...Personal I like the Full dex build...Im lvl 34 with 20 con 37 str and 134 dex right now And I lovin it. But I may considering pumping some more con cause my hp is **** lol
    b:cool[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rojiku
    rojiku Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i have no con. only str for the light armor. so max dex. the damage is awesome
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Everyone who doesn't use a full dex built will sooner or later restat.

Archers are the chars who seek to do much dmg, and with the pure built at lvl 66 you kill 85% of the mobs BEFORE they TOUCH you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yea i use a dex build for the most part and as she said around my level i can ko most mobs and keep knocking them back so they never touch me, i add just enough str so i can wear light armor, stopped 15 mag, not sure on vit atm, dex is around 130, i seem to hit quite well as well as alot of crits, and i also tend to get hit less even when they do close in on me, due to the high evasion (most lvls i go 1 vit, 1 str, 3 dex, unless i need more str for newer armor or more dex for better weps)
    edited October 2008
    You shouldn't add points to MAG and VIT at all =/

Pure archers use +HP Shards on their armor to balance the lack of vit.
    Mag...you simply don't need points in that at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ihayami - Sanctuary
    Ihayami - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You shouldn't add points to MAG and VIT at all =/

Pure archers use +HP Shards on their armor to balance the lack of vit.
    Mag...you simply don't need points in that at all.

Let's say a pure archer has no HP Shards on their armor, will they be able to survive? If not, does it mean that you have to be loaded in order to play a pure?
    edited October 2008
    Let's say a pure archer has no HP Shards on their armor, will they be able to survive? If not, does it mean that you have to be loaded in order to play a pure?

In early lvls you can easily survive with pots. And at higher lvls you'll start making enough money to buy hp shards and spirit charms.

I've finally reached a lvl where 1 hour of grinding brings me about 200,000 coins as the drops sell for 3k and up when I NPC them.

But till then archers are rather expensive, they're as far as I know and can attest from experience the most expensive char's in the game.

Here's a little tip, if you seem to constantly be out of money, make a side character, a venomancer. They do not only lvl insanely fast you also have your personal tank (pet) and they're immensly effectice farming DQ mats like Element Fragments, Dull class etc that you can sell for alot in a player shop.

I have a lvl 45 veno myself and the money I made with it was so helpful its almost ridicolous.

On the downside I started having so much fun with my veno that I actually neglected my archer for a couple of days xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Volluto - Lost City
    Volluto - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol, this thread has over 2100+ views.
    archers are probably the best pking class if not the best, especially in higher levels.
    also, my build was to avoid mana loss/slow mp recovery as well as to build a sold well-rounded archer so that in the higher levels i wouldn't need anything but dex.
    but i got bored of it because it's kind of expensive, and because i made a new character.

I made a cleric, and to me, clerics are the highest valued class in this game.
    Clerics can do everything, just maybe not the best dd (maybe depending on your build you might be), but it's so much in demand and you can level rather quickly till you get like 50+ then when there's not a lot of quest you slow down a little.

@Nevermore: Venos are the easiest class in this game, probably why there's so many of them.
    I think the class value goes: Cleric > Barb/BM > Wizard/Archer > Veno
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Get Some Re-stats You Got to Much magic
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • _bloodstorm_ - Heavens Tear
    _bloodstorm_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think you should never put points into magic for archer, kuz you could be spending those points into dex and have wayy more damage and evasive power. Sure you will have a smaller mana pool but having more damage means you will have to use less skills to kill a mob, therefore reducing how much mana you need.

So i suggest you stop putting your points on magic from now on and putting them on vit or dex.
    You might even want to consider restating :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Madd matrix ninja skillz FTW!
  • Hm_volluto - Lost City
    Hm_volluto - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lols, I'm a cleric now guys :)
    archer was fun for the time being, but cleric is my true love <3
  • dojima
    dojima Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hi i'm currently installing the game and am thinking of being an archer for a character.

just breifly what are the best archer builds for PvE so i know what to add when i level up on this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]