PWI Sticks it to the newbies!

Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
I just got to 20.was going to get a Boa mount... yea!

Until I saw the price that is 2 to 5 times higher than any other mount.
50G? when a 30 mount is only 10?

Way to stick to the lower players....

PW is fast becoming a 'free game' that you can't afford to play if you want any content whatsoever.

According to some, play hard , grind that character and at level 40 you will find you have to BUY charms just to survive...(Like we didn't see that coming)
How to change your portrait from ? to you.
1.) logout, login
2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
or use the manual link (must be logged in)
ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
(copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
Post edited by Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The boa mount is also that expensive probably because it's faster than all the others, not only because of its low level requirement.
  • Fatburger - Lost City
    Fatburger - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    meh.

much ado about nothing methinks.

that item is a limited edition collector's item is it not? besides it looks badarse so power to the people if you want one and can afford it.
  • Vasflam - Lost City
    Vasflam - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just got to 20.was going to get a Boa mount... yea!

Until I saw the price that is 2 to 5 times higher than any other mount.
    50G? when a 30 mount is only 10?

Way to stick to the lower players....

PW is fast becoming a 'free game' that you can't afford to play if you want any content whatsoever.

You're paying for the right to use a mount WAYYYYY before you're supposed to. You can buy any other mount and then enchant it to reduce the level requirement to 20.

You don't NEED a mount, it just makes playing the game easier or more convenient.
  • marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You're paying for the privelege to be able to use it at lvl20
    It's also faster than all the other mounts, and is arguably the best looking one.

You don't have to have it, it just helps you get places faster.
    You can't even fight on it, has a single jump, and you get disrupted if you get hit by a monster.

It's totally up to you though, I personally can transform into a tiger so I don't need one.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    PW isn't free to play. Rofl.

If you want to go far in the game, you're going to end up spending more money than you would playing actualy P2P games like WoW, WAR, AoC.. etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brimsheen - Sanctuary
    Brimsheen - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Aye, it's quite easy to see that of course, like any other f2p, the p2p content is better.
    and expensive.
    Of course you've gotta have money, and the benefits have been listed in the thread. Would be nice to be able to level to 80 without needing charms and whatnot, though.
    Souls yearn to live a hero, but even moreso, a soul yearns to die a Legend
    -Brimsheen, Mercenary for hire (16 and rising. My avvy lies)
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The boa mount is like any level 60 mount that already has been upgraded. A level 60 mount costs 20 or 30 gold (depending on which one you want) and the upgrade costs 15 gold and makes it go from 9 to 10 speed and lowers the level requirement to 20. Since the boa already has the 15 gold upgrade built in it really only costs 5 or 15 gold more than any other level 60 mount (depending on which level 60 mount you are comparing it to). Just like it is okay for a raptor to cost 10 gold more than an elephant because it is cooler looking, it is okay for the boa to cost 5 more gold than an upgraded raptor for the same reason.
  • Raaven - Sanctuary
    Raaven - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not to mention, I have heard the Boa was going to be a limited edition mount. I don't know if this has been verified, but perhaps that is also the reason for the increased price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy Rotation time! Thanks to Zirconium for this lovely one!
    Item Data Base: pwdatabase.com/pwi
    Race Quests:
    Elf: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5321
    Human: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=28411
    Untamed: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221
  • Flourish - Lost City
    Flourish - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The boa is actually only 5 G more expensive than the lvl 60 mount. Do the Maths yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doklin
    doklin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    evrilysis wrote: »
    PW isn't free to play. Rofl.

If you want to go far in the game, you're going to end up spending more money than you would playing actualy P2P games like WoW, WAR, AoC.. etc.

Ummm actually it is free. I'm level 61 cleric and I have yet to spend 1 cent in this game. I have a Ancestrial Kirin (upgraded) mount as well. I only use charms for TW, the awnser is APOTHICARY! just as good as charms but FREE! All you have to do is pick up herbs while griding or questing near them. Also if you are really lazy and want to spam charms you actually can, at my level atleast. I can afford spirit charms and exp scrolls and go out grinding and come back ahead after using them all (just barely though, but selling materials will get me enough for what I need for skills... which are very expensive at these levels).