i really didn't want to make a thread for this but...

ayaume
ayaume Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
i just got a sharptooth wolfling and it's loyalty is starting to go down because i haven't fed it yet. i understand it eats fruit, meat and water but i don't know where to find those. yes i know i sound like a total newb, honestly i am one... i just started playing the other day. i heard from someone you can get the food for the pet at the Pet Skill Trainer... so i spent the last half hour searching for the pet skill trainer, stressed myself out, and when i found her i found out you can't buy them from her, or if you can, i don't know how. i don't know of any ways to get food then... and i am not impressed. i liked this game, but i'm beginning to get annoyed with it. could anyone tell me how and where to get the food? b:irritated
Post edited by ayaume on

Comments

• newmoonchild
    newmoonchild Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    it is sold by the pet skill trainer:select option "trade items" and the menu will come up.
    Also, I did not know this-if your pet is stashed away your purchase will be in your inventory, but in red. Drag it to a hotkey and click to feed.
    Hope that helps!!!
  • Mazuki - Heavens Tear
    Mazuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    it is sold by the pet skill trainer:select option "trade items" and the menu will come up.
    Also, I did not know this-if your pet is stashed away your purchase will be in your inventory, but in red. Drag it to a hotkey and click to feed.
    Hope that helps!!!

thank you but i tried that. when i clicked on trade items, i didn't get a menu, i got my inventory opened, and nothing else.
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There should be a window with the stuff the trader has, move your inventory window to see if it's beneath it.
  • dburke
    dburke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you finished the quests from the pet trainer in City of the Lost, you should get some water for your pet (200 I think). That should more than cover you for a good long while. My suggestion, check over your quests again and finish the ones for the pet trainer. Maybe you can't buy items from the pet trainer until you complete those quests.
  • Pixelmancer - Heavens Tear
    Pixelmancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ayaume wrote: »
    i just got a sharptooth wolfling and it's loyalty is starting to go down because i haven't fed it yet. i understand it eats fruit, meat and water but i don't know where to find those. yes i know i sound like a total newb, honestly i am one... i just started playing the other day. i heard from someone you can get the food for the pet at the Pet Skill Trainer... so i spent the last half hour searching for the pet skill trainer, stressed myself out, and when i found her i found out you can't buy them from her, or if you can, i don't know how. i don't know of any ways to get food then... and i am not impressed. i liked this game, but i'm beginning to get annoyed with it. could anyone tell me how and where to get the food? b:irritated

Sounds like someone should have paid attention to the tutorial tips and newbie quests.
  • slayer1o1
    slayer1o1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sounds like someone should have paid attention to the tutorial tips and newbie quests.

cant agree more. i think the quests that you were suppoed to look at show up if you press 'p' or some other key around there.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Sounds like someone taking out their frustrations by bitching on new players. Also sounds like someone lacking in understanding of the english language and the likely purpose of subforums named "Beginner's Guide", unless it's your way to show what you think of the Perfect World community.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If I remember correctly, those 200 water came along with the pet as part of that lvl 3 quest.

Any other food --- Hay in particular --- should be saved for the quests that need it. Only feed your 200 spring water (they lasted me well into the 20s, but I also unsommon my pet when I don't need it), and the other water that you can buy afterwards.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ayaume wrote: »
    I understand it eats fruit, meat and water but i don't know where to find those.

You obviously know that you can buy food from the Pet Skill Trainer, but you can also recieve food from mob drops (not reliably, AFAIK, but it happens). One thing to note, however, is that a specific food item is needed for a Pet Quest; Hay (20 Hay, to be exact).