how to open treasure chests

Options
gurndy
gurndy Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
i hope someone can help me with opening the chest near timberfield en with what tool ???
Post edited by gurndy on

Comments

• Lady_grace - Heavens Tear
    Lady_grace - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Pickaxe I think.
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    This chests been buggin me too. Where do you get keys to open them?
  • Skarett - Lost City
    Skarett - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I once saw an Iron Key on the PW-MY servers in a player shop, I've always assumed that you have to have the right key for the right box to open one. Dunno where that person got the key tho.
  • Trianos - Heavens Tear
    Trianos - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    this may sound silly, but i think you can only open those chests if you have a quest that requires it. at least that's how that one quest works...i forget the exact quest name, but it's a human quest that starts at the "drunken fighter", and involves a chest behind the banker.
  • Pepperbrooks - Heavens Tear
    Pepperbrooks - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    the chests cannot be opened at any time. Those chests are for quests. You should have seen a few before, theres one for the Human Jump Quest in Etherblade. You do need a Pick Axe to open them though. There are not keys for them.

heres a tip remember or wite down where they are and how to get to them because youll eventually get the quest for them and have to find the chest with vague descriptions.
  • allmoz
    allmoz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    if it were for quest then it will not tell you that you dont have the needed key.
    baybe is a fixed drop. in a database i found that the key is needed to open... maybe the key is a fixed drop on the guardian mobs...
  • Stelmos - Heavens Tear
    Stelmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    These does not require quests to complete. At least according to PerfectWorld Database (www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine_type/4306). It still require keys to open them which I have not seen as of yet. There are four Iron Chest, for example, in the Secret Passage. Perhaps one of the mobs inside has it??
  • drakanson
    drakanson Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have recently seen 2 differnt chests out in the fields surrounded by mobs. Both times they with level 20 or lover mobs surrounding these chests but no one knows anything about the keys. Could it be a noob thing? Where are the keys?
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    drakanson wrote: »
    I have recently seen 2 differnt chests out in the fields surrounded by mobs. Both times they with level 20 or lover mobs surrounding these chests but no one knows anything about the keys. Could it be a noob thing? Where are the keys?

Very good question, even GM's dont seem to know about it. Those chests have been ingame a long time yet nobody knows where the keys come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Probably another remnant from the Pay-to-Play version that was not removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Probably another remnant from the Pay-to-Play version that was not removed.

Nope,as far as i know. These were added to my-en too around 1-2 years ago when i still played there. Nobody knew it there either. Their GM's didnt even answer anything regarding these chests and our GM's did same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I wounder if devilslaying quest items would have let me open any of them? (But I gave mine away, so I can not test this idea).
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Nope,as far as i know. These were added to my-en too around 1-2 years ago when i still played there.

Those were on the MY servers since day 1 they opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Those were on the MY servers since day 1 they opened.

Ah then i missed them earlier there. Thanks for correcting me. Maybe it is a remnant of p2p then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • zetsuboi
    zetsuboi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hai. kinda like umm.. there is npc that sells keys. you can even find prices etc from pw database but then on otherhand. that npc is removed or nobody knows there it is anymore. but you can find info about all keys in database and what chest they open. oh and their npc prices.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    These does not require quests to complete. At least according to PerfectWorld Database (www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine_type/4306). It still require keys to open them which I have not seen as of yet. There are four Iron Chest, for example, in the Secret Passage. Perhaps one of the mobs inside has it??

In the Secret Passage? I've only seen two there, one for the Wheel of Earth quest and one for the Celestial Painting quest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • riftcloud
    riftcloud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    there should be something from the game to tell us where they are. I also think that the creators of the game should tell us about it, and they should be checking this sight to read our messages to tell us. I am frustrated about it. those chest have been in the secrete passage and the fiulds since I started playing and now I am lvl 65. its like a joke or something. letss put a bunch of mobs around a chest and make it so that you can not open it. and let people dye. Phhhhhhhsssssssss. What ever. RIght. Well laters
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've found a few of these chests, and usually try to open them. Most say I lack the correct tool to open them, but 2 I encountered (dont recall where) I was able to open, one had a gold foil, other had a low lvl equip.
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
    -adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
    "Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
  • SmokeyDawn - Sanctuary
    SmokeyDawn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Are we talking about those chests surrounded by Tulips??
    There's one group just north-west of Wellspring near the shore and another group on West side of Bengal Ridge a bit north of the Boss Charr's lair.
    I've yet to figure a way to attack all the tulips at once but others have said they've opened them at low level with just the Pickaxe... b:puzzledb:irritated
  • MightyMyke - Heavens Tear
    MightyMyke - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    On HT we are able to open them. Was wondering if anyone new anymore coords for others. would like to go scavanger hunting for them. thanks
  • HieiCleric - Lost City
    HieiCleric - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I know the Nanmuwood Chests u can just kill the mobs and harvest with a pickaxe. It gives a random item, most commonly gold foil. The iron chests i dont know how to open.
    If you attack some random monster, then all of its friends will come over to attack you back. And if a Cleric throws a heal at you, all of those friends will then hate the cleric more than you, and so will rush over to kill the Cleric. Who will hate you forever.
  • Alliecienti - Dreamweaver
    Alliecienti - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I tried a few chests without success and since them just pass them by. They are usually labled "iron chest" or some such and not the ones you are after from quests like the Wheel of Earth or Celestial Painting in Secret Passage. Across from the wheel of earth chest room, guarded by 2 ancient evils, is an iron chest. No idea how to open it unless you need the iron hammer from the botique to do so. I have serious doubts that what's in it is worth the 5 gold needed to buy the hammer. I could be wrong but haven't heard anyone commenting on the great stuff they got from there or any other chest not quest related.
  • spartang81
    spartang81 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i have just gone and found one of these chest's and you dont need a key they contain gold foil witch sell for 1000 coin and the chest's in the secret passage are for quest's
  • Kweas - Lost City
    Kweas - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So what is the big secret? somthing like get a full group together of the same lever for that area. kill everything in the zone or somthing like that. open the chest and get the two items that the hellinbringer guy needs or somthing like that. Not much info about it out there. Can anyone shed some light on it.