pet slot : Hay vs Cage

Options
Tinar - Heavens Tear
Tinar - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Venomancer
I tried a search and got nothing. and they don't seem's to have a proper tread for pet's.

For the 3rd slot for pet, I choosed the gather of 20 hay ... I' feel sad to have taken that turn, with the drop rate been sooo low (1 hay per 35-45 min's) it a real drag fto farm it. Plus too many people hunting those turtle.

Has anyone took the cage option, and how is that quest?
Tinar - 7lv archer
Tiam - 18lv Venomancer
Post edited by Tinar - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Easy if you pay real money. Just pay and you have a cage, it's that easy, really. /sarcasm :D

As I always tell people who ask "Where can I find a cage?" if it sounds too easy and too good to be true to collect one item, it probably is because it involves the Cash Shop. Same with Inventory Stone.

Hay droprate ain't all as bad as the drop rate off turles if you try higher level monsters. Armadilos and antelopes drop it better.

Oh and there's at least three threads on pet info if you look. Search isn't really reliable if you don't know the keywords to really search for.

Good luck. ;)
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • Tinar - Heavens Tear
    Tinar - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hey Hey , yes there is a few thread on getting the hay, but searching for the cage search it didn't give anything. Was late last nigth when searching about the storage stone that I came up on the ZEN bying scheme info. The funny part is no where the game say "purchase a cage", the script from the npc seem to let you beleave you can get one from somewhere within the game. Oh well first time I get involved with a malaysian style game. If that's their view how things are done. On another way is the game is free they need a way to get the money in.
    Tinar - 7lv archer
    Tiam - 18lv Venomancer
  • icyheart
    icyheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well, they give you an option to buy the cage from cash shop. But they dont leave you totally hanging dry either, giving u the option to farm for it. Inv stone etc.. is another story.
    You could always farm mats, craft wpns etc and trade it for inventory stone from others that chose to buy it with hard cash. =)

Good luck and cya all ingame =).
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Just to let you know, Tinar, that as a cleric, it is not absolutely necessary to complete that quest.

The quest awards no XP just increases your pet backpack, which isn't necessary unless you are a Venomancer ;).
  • phuquit
    phuquit Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm posting this in the hope of preventing someone else from making the same mistake I did...

I was finding it difficult getting the hay from turtles, so I took the shortcut and bought a cage. Then when I went to Archesaur, I farmed the 20 hay by the west gate in around an hour. I went to the NPC to claim my extra bag slot, but that tier of quest had gone, and instead, I now have to farm a greater number of items which drop from higher lvl mobs in order to increase my bag size.
    I feel penalised for having spent money on the game.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I only recently learned that turtles drop the hay... so I went back there, but nothing.

I suppose Perfect World is one of the games where level difference changes the drop rates? 'cause I got nothing off the turtles except for a few gold :-(

Pet backpack down the drain... at least until I get to the higher level monsters that are supposed to drop hay. Lets just hope I don't miss it again when the time comes.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Elliemental - Lost City
    Elliemental - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    kargor wrote: »
    I only recently learned that turtles drop the hay... so I went back there, but nothing.

I suppose Perfect World is one of the games where level difference changes the drop rates? 'cause I got nothing off the turtles except for a few gold :-(

Pet backpack down the drain... at least until I get to the higher level monsters that are supposed to drop hay. Lets just hope I don't miss it again when the time comes.
    It's only the lvl8+ turtles to my knowledge and then it's a rare drop. Took me a couple of hours to get them all.