Why can't tanks tank right?

bestpaladinintheworld
bestpaladinintheworld Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Cleric
Why is it that everytime someone tank's, we see that the Health charm the tank has :eek: is the one that saves him or her?

If a Barb was tanking without a charm, he/she would be dead long ago and the group would wipe!

So i ask, why can't you tanks tank right?

Is it because most are build to do dmg?

I really wanna know this. :(

And i wish we could Unequip those MP Charms just to prove it! I mean casting ironheart on them many times during a fight and still their HP drops and it costs me approx $100 a month in MP Heiros just to do so.
Want a mature guild with ages of PvP and MMORPG experience ... Join Raven PVP Guild [LOST CITY]

Guild Info:
Average 40+ members online at a time, Experienced players from closed beta and my-PW, Ventrilo server, Forums, Quest help, Boss help, Daily FB runs, AOE, Weekly guild events, Guild Item bank and Guild organized stalls, Free Cyber

Guild Website
raven.forumotion.com
Post edited by bestpaladinintheworld on

Comments

• Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I guess it just depends. If a barb is following a standard build, and getting the tiger form skills, the hp and pdef is pretty awesome. At level 50 I have over 4500 hp in tiger form. I have a charm usually and it doesn't pop unless I'm trying to tank a boss that is a lot higher than I am, or unless I'm not getting healed.
    Tanking properly and using barb skills effectively however is a different story. Learning to not run into mobs when you're tanking a boss, learning how to hold aggro, learning when to use Alacrity of the Beast to cancel channeling, takes practice and if you don't have experience doing this, the on-the-job training can be costly in lives.
    But don't make a generalized statement about barbs.
    OH and trust me.....barbs are not built to do damage...b:chuckle
    "there is still much to be done"
  • cjtign
    cjtign Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ROFL

(In case you didn't get the irony of this thread...
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=66772 )
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lmao, Was this intended as a pun about that cleric post? =)
  • Pinkpeach - Lost City
    Pinkpeach - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Seriously some barbs *sigh* blame clerics whenever HP hiero ticks. Learn to tank imo... ^_^
  • shadizzle
    shadizzle Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hahahahahaahahaaaa
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Seriously some barbs *sigh* blame clerics whenever HP hiero ticks. Learn to tank imo... ^_^

I would just stop healing them if they blame me when charm kicks in.