My Cleric Build. Advice please

aushrim
aushrim Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
Right now im a lvl 26 almost 27 cleric, Im planning on being a healer/magic user (dps). Im aiming to use light armor with enough str/dex to wear them. The rest into magic with a lil chunk into vit. Im wondering if anyone sees any big problems in this build. Most say clerics should wear arcane but light seems the best cause your resist are higher across the bored. Any tips before a nurf my character would be glady accepted thank ya.:confused:
Post edited by aushrim on

Comments

• Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=28591

I personally have not tried out light armor yet. But here is a thread with some useful opinions about it.
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm a light armor Cleric, it's great.

I suggest trying it :)
  • cjtign
    cjtign Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    aushrim wrote: »
    Right now im a lvl 26 almost 27 cleric, Im planning on being a healer/magic user (dps). Im aiming to use light armor with enough str/dex to wear them. The rest into magic with a lil chunk into vit. Im wondering if anyone sees any big problems in this build. Most say clerics should wear arcane but light seems the best cause your resist are higher across the bored. Any tips before a nurf my character would be glady accepted thank ya.:confused:

If you want to be a healer / magic user with DPS you need to go arcane

Trust me when you learn to use ur toolset, especially with plume shell arcane and good HPs is really all that you need to be an efficent and effective PvPer either in group or solo.

Also full DPS is the best build for Grinding since obviously if u kill faster you get more xp/hour.

Although try out light armour and arcane and see which you like more, just realize all that dex comes at the cost of damage output, heal-age, and xp/hour rate and at your level which is about 1-2 days playing time you should be focused on grinding grinding grinding.

-Jagermeister

"Pking since pong"
  • bestpaladinintheworld
    bestpaladinintheworld Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't get how you plan to be a DPS and do light armour it contradicts itself.

You need to make up your mind. You can do decent DPS in light armour but if you truely want to be DPS you must be in arcane. Hope that clarifys
    Want a mature guild with ages of PvP and MMORPG experience ... Join Raven PVP Guild [LOST CITY]

Guild Info:
    Average 40+ members online at a time, Experienced players from closed beta and my-PW, Ventrilo server, Forums, Quest help, Boss help, Daily FB runs, AOE, Weekly guild events, Guild Item bank and Guild organized stalls, Free Cyber

Guild Website
    raven.forumotion.com
  • fallenclericz
    fallenclericz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    aushrim wrote: »

Hi, im a pretty weak clerics, but have lots of experience from other accounts. I think that light armor is not the best and arcane IS the best because when i compared my light armor to my arcane my arcane was so much better. the light armor was only like +5 for the stuff like metal def. and more, but arcane says +30. This may not be the same for you, but im just telling you this IS what i saw when I compared light armor and arcane.
  • fallenclericz
    fallenclericz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think that if you are going to be a a healer/solo you will need to raise:

odd level:
    strength: 1
    magic: 4

even level:
    strength: 0
    magic: 5
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Vit, vit, vit and more vit. And pretty please with cherry on top don't use light armor. Go with robes, and keep the vit to your level. Str only as much as your equipment needs and the rest to magic. If you plan on being a support cleric you'll NEED the hp. While full magic may work at first during the lower levels, it simply doesn't cut it 60+. You won't be doing a whole lot of healing if you're a one hit kill to a physical aoe from a boss, or if you get jumped by 2-3 mobs while soloing.

As for light amor, unless you plan on being a TW only cleric, forget about it (and even then it's debatable, but let's not get into that discussion :).
    b:dirty
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Vit, vit, vit and more vit. And pretty please with cherry on top don't use light armor. Go with robes, and keep the vit to your level. Str only as much as your equipment needs and the rest to magic. If you plan on being a support cleric you'll NEED the hp. While full magic may work at first during the lower levels, it simply doesn't cut it 60+. You won't be doing a whole lot of healing if you're a one hit kill to a physical aoe from a boss, or if you get jumped by 2-3 mobs while soloing.

As for light amor, unless you plan on being a TW only cleric, forget about it (and even then it's debatable, but let's not get into that discussion :).

Adding vit to any magic build is entirely useless as you only gain 10 hp per vit. It's best to keep the pure magic and just get your hp from equipment.
  • perplexity
    perplexity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Do that plz and then get kicked from every party for having absolutely terrible heals. Full MAG for clerics, always. As Forp said, get the HP from equips.
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Exactly... Go w/ arcane and almost total mag build... keep everything else (strength, dex, and vit) 20 or even less... I put too much in vit and I regret it so bad... I found that around 20 in the others is pretty good tho cuz it gives you a lil more hp and you crit often enough... Eventually you're gonna have to put a lil more in strength if you wanna use the better robes once you get higher lvl but it still isn't high... Alot of people's "builds" can **** you up.... Go to the auctioneer, find the next (arcane) armor and weapon that you wanna get and build your other 3 skills to match the req. and dump ALL the rest into magic... hasn't failed me yet... I crit around 5-6k right now w/ regular damage doin around 3-4k w/ plume shot and wield thunder... ;)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I wanna see at least one pure cleric doing fb 29 at my lvl (since my 35s) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I wanna see at least one pure cleric doing fb 29 at my lvl (since my 35s) b:chuckle

I've soloed fb19, 29, and 39. I'm pure int. I don't like soloing them, it takes too much time and I'd prefer to have a team there to share the experience, reputation, and fun.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm a hybrid cleric, I guess similar to what the build you are looking for in your cleric, but I kinda don't suggest light armor if you are planning to do both healing/support and fighting. I tried to use light armor in the beginning, because of course it's the best of both worlds, in terms of elemental resistance and physical resistance. But the problem is that if you don't keep up with your magic and vitality stats, you run behind in terms of getting some nice weapons, for example the Twilight Temple weapons.

I would suggest for armor, use arcane wear, but try to find some that has some sockets in it. Invest in some stones that have higher physical resistance so your armor could be similar, I understand not the same, as light armor, but is pretty similar of course depending on the amount of money you invest in it.

High levels of magic are a major plus in clerics, especially if you want to go slightly fighter, because it increases your attack strength and mp rate. The main problem with wearing light armor is you have to invest your att. points into both strength and dexterity. I have 41 dex, but I found that it in increases your crit hit rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Princella - Sanctuary
    Princella - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I can suggest you will use Arcane b:pleased. Am a cleric and do the same thing Healing/Figthing, when u get to higher lvl u can put some points on ur vit which help u gain more hp. Plus better magic has better weapon b:cute
  • Scryxalis - Sanctuary
    Scryxalis - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    perplexity wrote: »
    Do that plz and then get kicked from every party for having absolutely terrible heals.
    Just because you put stats on vit, doesnt mean you'll have "terrible" heals. O_o
    Putting points on dex, however.. is.. ugh. *collapses*
  • SeraWind - Heavens Tear
    SeraWind - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just because you put stats on vit, doesnt mean you'll have "terrible" heals. O_o
    Putting points on dex, however.. is.. ugh. *collapses*

I agree with your comment on VIT (not going to debate about light armor so no comment on adding dex). If you were to TW I'd pick the VIT cleric over the pure MAG cleric if I wanted support. More HP = less likely to get one-shotted by a crit from some archer 50 feet away behind you (or infront). I know a few VIT clerics, and I never heard them being kicked out of a party. Is suddenly surviving a brutal AOE from a boss that bad?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying pure MAG is bad, they have their uses. But to say VIT clerics are useless for support is just bull (most of this was directed at perplexity's post).
  • Zcasons - Dreamweaver
    Zcasons - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i personally like full magic im a level 32 cleric and i hit over 1000 every time and in my exp most of the monsters have elemental attacks so i go with arcane robes i also put my buffs in a combo
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i personally like full magic im a level 32 cleric and i hit over 1000 every time and in my exp most of the monsters have elemental attacks so i go with arcane robes i also put my buffs in a combo

I would start adding some vit on to yours as you will need it.Don't forget to use hp shards.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Adding vit to any magic build is entirely useless as you only gain 10 hp per vit. It's best to keep the pure magic and just get your hp from equipment.

In an ideal world thats what you would do, but its not always possible especially if you're not keen on refining your armor. I think its quite a good idea to keep some minimum level of vit in case your armor's not giving you any +hp.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009

No.It is not useless to put points in vit and to go pure mag.Shards aren't enough to boost your hp as well as equipment.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No.It is not useless to put points in vit and to go pure mag.Shards aren't enough to boost your hp as well as equipment.

^Haha this thread is way old. He has changed his mind since then.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I did res this thread.