Changing To Pure Int, Have To?

eliatron
eliatron Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Cleric
Hey, guys, i have a question.

till lvl 31 ive been levelling a 6 Mag 3 Vit 1 Str build. Now im level 32 and got 5 stats points not used yet.
Should I change to a pure int build going 9 Mag 1 Str?
what would be the differences?
Is that true that at higher levels hp dont matter that much?
Should i try to increase my damage/healing or power or stays the way Im. Consider that I wont use any cash shop items (at least spending real money).
What would be your suggestions?

My playing role: I like being the support char, helping others, keeping them away from death, and buffing, but Ive also need power to level up (mostly solo) and not die when some mobs chase me!
To heal is to be in control. Being in control make you smarter.
Post edited by eliatron on

Comments

• hugsnotdrugs
    hugsnotdrugs Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    from my little experience as a cleric. full int is the way to go.

your goal is to have as high damage/healing output and never actually get hit. so you are nerfing yourself by putting unecessary points in vit.
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I know that magic influence damage and healing, but im a support cleric, I like it that wat, I actually like healing others, but a cleric is generally primery target, if you put down the cleric, no one is gonna heal the tank, so I need to resiste at least a hit!
    Thats way im confused. General opinion is that 6 3 1 has the most survivability, but Im starting to see the mana runs out fast and mana is not that much!
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Anyone has any idea? Becasue now I have 20 stats points that I havent use, so things are getting complicated since I have not increase any stats for 4 levels :P
    Pls!!
    I wanna be a good cleric, thats why I need help!
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    @Eli Your first post makes me think you're ok on VIT for now if your goal is to survive a few hits while someone gets whatever is aggro on you off ya. If you're a robe user, I'd go with the pure build at least for a while (maybe 10-20 levels) to make sure you can heal for lots of HP and that when you start having to buy charms they heal a good amount of MP for you. Your survivability should be high for a robe user with that much VIT for now (if you're using 6 3 1), even against random similar leveled PKers.

The way I think most people look at it is that most clerics fly above their party and do their thing out of the range of the boss or w/e. There are times you can't do that though, and since you're on LC an HP isn't really a bad thing considering lots of people like to PK clerics because of the effects on the group.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Hey haiku, thanks for reply!

Yes, I have some "doubts". Until 31 lvl I did a "suppor" "hybdrid" build.
    Now im starting to see that perhaps my output damage is not high as well as my healing skill. Since on a guild where almost NO one ever is online, I do most of my quest alone, leaving lots of them to "another time" because I have to kill some boss, which I cannot do by myself.

Considering that I levelled 30 lvl using 6 3 1 my stats are:

Magic 95
    Vitality 50
    Strenght 20
    Dex 5

Is outhere any experienced cleric in pvp, tw that could assist me here? I dont kwno what to do, and hot to continue, and also I've read every single build I could find, but some things are only learnt through experience, thats why im asking here
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I do have a cleric in the PvE server, but it was more focused on soloing than supporting. I survived pretty well with just my own low leveled buffs (was focusing on attack skills, not enough SP to level the buffs much) with no vit, so I'd say someone with support skills would have it easier (surviving), and would still kill a good bit faster than a 6 3 1 build, even though your attack skills aren't priority for your SP. If you wind up needing HP later for whatever reason, you can always just upgrade your gear with it. I'm not 40+ on it or anything though, so you should def get a 2nd opinion from someone that far. Imo, there's nothing wrong with your build and if you were pure int support you'd probably only shave 1-2 hits off of killing monsters your level. If that's worth it to you at the expense of your HP cushion, go for it. I think I would just go pure for a while and add vit as needed since you already have 50 vit, but that's just me.

Sucks that your guild is dead like that. :( Try to ask random people questing near you to squad. Most people I asked were more than happy to even though I had crappy support skills. I gotta say though that I am biased and I tend to favor being able to solo all the time if I can't find a group, so my opinions definitely aren't fact.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck. o:
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • itzsamm
    itzsamm Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    whats a 6 3 1 build?
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Its 6 points into Magic 3 into Vitality and 1 into Strenght every 2 levels.Basically also known as Hybrid (Support)Build since has medium hp and damage/healing power.
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Is there any high level cleric that could recommend me what to do? Im lvl 36 and have 25 points to distribute!
  • cjtign
    cjtign Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    eliatron wrote: »
    Hey, guys, i have a question.

till lvl 31 ive been levelling a 6 Mag 3 Vit 1 Str build. Now im level 32 and got 5 stats points not used yet.
    Should I change to a pure int build going 9 Mag 1 Str?
    what would be the differences?
    Is that true that at higher levels hp dont matter that much?
    Should i try to increase my damage/healing or power or stays the way Im. Consider that I wont use any cash shop items (at least spending real money).
    What would be your suggestions?

My playing role: I like being the support char, helping others, keeping them away from death, and buffing, but Ive also need power to level up (mostly solo) and not die when some mobs chase me!

It depends man. I personally prefer to go full int for grinding so the first 50+ levels its fastest to be full int, but once you start to really focus on Pvp I prefer a int/vitality approach. Luckily you can reskill so try them both out and see which you like more.

-Jagermeister

"Pking since Pong"