Concern: PHOENIX OVERPOWER

ice
ice Posts: 45 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
I don't know if they going to put Phoenix into international version. But I really hope they can at least fix the overpower of phoenix, at least to make them a little balance to other class. I know Phoenix in China server can one bleed kill robe user. Plus, they have max stats and attack at 1.5 times/ sec and flying super fast. The Venomancer with phoenix is godlike in China and basically most people you see in PK and TW are WF with pheonix. Can GM please answer me, will you put full power phoenix on international? Cuz if you will I go change to venomancer right now.
Post edited by ice on

Comments

• Rea - Heavens Tear
    Rea - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Atk speed is 1 time/sec, not 1.5 times/sec. Its movspeed is 12m/s. It has a stun skill. It's EXTREMLY expensive and can only be fed with Hay.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ice wrote: »
    I don't know if they going to put Phoenix into international version. But I really hope they can at least fix the overpower of phoenix, at least to make them a little balance to other class. I know Phoenix in China server can one bleed kill robe user. Plus, they have max stats and attack at 1.5 times/ sec and flying super fast. The Venomancer with phoenix is godlike in China and basically most people you see in PK and TW are WF with pheonix. Can GM please answer me, will you put full power phoenix on international? Cuz if you will I go change to venomancer right now.

Also, any pet can get BLEED. That skill has always been glitched, where it deals full 100% of it' damage in pvp.
  • scalpel
    scalpel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    phoenix sure will come out,and it sure will be overpower.........

you do not need to worry about that for sure
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Also, any pet can get BLEED. That skill has always been glitched, where it deals full 100% of it' damage in pvp.

I could have sworn that skill was fixed, for at least a week or so...b:puzzled
    edited October 2008
    I could have sworn that skill was fixed, for at least a week or so...b:puzzled

Probably, I'm refering to the versions where Phoenix has been released.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As someone has already said, the phoenix's power is checked by the prohibitive cost (since things are much more expensive here I'm assuming a midrange gaming rig cost... and sadly I'll still see a few even at that price...) and the fact that it only eats fodder. Fodder isn't just hay... hay is just the most common type of fodder. Considering how hard people work to get hay I'm thinking that's what you'll use 90% of the time anyways.
    edited October 2008
    As someone has already said, the phoenix's power is checked by the prohibitive cost (since things are much more expensive here I'm assuming a midrange gaming rig cost... and sadly I'll still see a few even at that price...) and the fact that it only eats fodder. Fodder isn't just hay... hay is just the most common type of fodder. Considering how hard people work to get hay I'm thinking that's what you'll use 90% of the time anyways.

It's not as expensive as people think it is. There is a book in the Cash Shop that you can buy that prevents hunger decreasing loyalty.

Soon, when we start to see lvl 90s, fodder (phoenix) and meat (hercules) that give 200 loyalty will start to show up on the market.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    1. Phoenix cant be used in TW.
    2. Any pet has the bleed skill., the "bug" has been fixed and a lvl50 pet does 30dmg/sec with bleed now.
    3. the food book costs zen.

So yea in duels and normal pk they will still be able to cause you some hurt, but the main advantage was the bleed bug, thats been fixed so no more crying
  • bestpaladinintheworld
    bestpaladinintheworld Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Its coming and as already stated so eloquently its not such a big deal, strong but managable

If you feel its so OP then roll a veno :)
    Want a mature guild with ages of PvP and MMORPG experience ... Join Raven PVP Guild [LOST CITY]

Guild Info:
    Average 40+ members online at a time, Experienced players from closed beta and my-PW, Ventrilo server, Forums, Quest help, Boss help, Daily FB runs, AOE, Weekly guild events, Guild Item bank and Guild organized stalls, Free Cyber

Guild Website
    raven.forumotion.com
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    1. Phoenix cant be used in TW.
    2. Any pet has the bleed skill., the "bug" has been fixed and a lvl50 pet does 30dmg/sec with bleed now.
    3. the food book costs zen.

So yea in duels and normal pk they will still be able to cause you some hurt, but the main advantage was the bleed bug, thats been fixed so no more crying
    3. the mystical tomes only cost minimal zhen and the effect is permanent
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    aland wrote: »
    3. the mystical tomes only cost minimal zhen and the effect is permanent

*chuckles* the book that prevents pet hunger is "Arcane Book: Pet" and the duration is 7 days (2 gold).

Mystical Tome (pages) say they are permanent, but as anyone will tell you, that just means that they will not disappear until you 'use' them as opposed to an Item that will disapear from your inventory whether you use it or not after a certain amount of time.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    peregryn wrote: »
    *chuckles* the book that prevents pet hunger is "Arcane Book: Pet" and the duration is 7 days (2 gold).

Mystical Tome (pages) say they are permanent, but as anyone will tell you, that just means that they will not disappear until you 'use' them as opposed to an Item that will disapear from your inventory whether you use it or not after a certain amount of time.
    Not gonna say you are wrong, but please go have a look at the furnice in thousand streams.

the material u need are book fragements (from rebirth valley), and a few mystical pages bought from CS (rather cheaply)

and yes.. they are permanent, it's a equip not a consumable.
  • santanika
    santanika Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    aland wrote: »
    Not gonna say you are wrong, but please go have a look at the furnice in thousand streams.

the material u need are book fragements (from rebirth valley), and a few mystical pages bought from CS (rather cheaply)

and yes.. they are permanent, it's a equip not a consumable.

actually, i have used 2 of those Arcane pet books, and yes; they only last for 7 days. whether u are logged in or not, the time decreases. so no, they are not permanent.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Mystical tomes are books that go into the slot underneath the rcane pet book and ther purpose is to boost one of your base stats.

Please stop talking nonsense about pet food when the pet itself no longer is super OP'ed. The fact is that the only thing that made phoenix strong was the flesh ream bug and the fact tat it has a self buff of +150%(or 60% ) atk. So in the older version it did far over 100% dmg in pvp while everyone else was restricted to 50% or whatever.

End of story, its not even implimented yet. Wait till you can actually prove someting before attacking it. If you REALLY wana complain then say the herc pet is OP.